The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No, O-7 without Brady does not lie but it does not account for Belichick's growth between then and now.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Not with that Defense their not.
    They are still the most likely team to win the Division.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

Maybe the 25 interceptions and 11 fumble recoveries by the D helped Brady and the offense. That's a full 1/2 games worth of possessions

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

So 36 turnovers. How many of those turnovers were with the lead? Kind of easy to play aggressive once Brady gave them a lead. Brady only threw 8 INT's. At that rate could almost play 4 full seasons and still have about the same (30) INTs as Winston threw this year.

5. TonyFtLaud

7 , 29 came tied or trailing, alot of very short fields given to Brady last year and he couldn't capitalize. Age, deterioration, lack of weapons all played a role. But don't think for a second that Brady was the reason that D ranked first in the league. Those corners may be the best combo ever

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

You were saying...

K'OB likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Can you please post a link to these numbers?

I find it hard to believe that only 7 came when they had the lead, because Sam Darnold's game vs them he threw 4 INT's and 1 Fumble Loss (5 turnovers) and we lost 33-0. And our first game vs N.E I know we threw at least 3 INT's and lost 14-30.

If you're telling me that only 7 turnovers happened with N.E having the lead I'll say you're lying.

8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Its wide open in the sense that NE doesnt have it on lock. Having said that, the Jets, at best have the second worst roster and coach in the division.

So unless something clicks this year that didnt last year, I don't think they have much of a chance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. TonyFtLaud

You'll have to pull the game film and watch them.
    I forgot about that game. Fucking brady was a beast. Didn't he pick 3 of those Darnold passes. That D was nothing without him......o_O

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

N.E's defense ranked #1 in starting field position last year due to Brady keeping the chains moving and drives alive with ONLY 8 INT's.

So when you stated NE'd defense gave Brady great field position? Hah. I looked into it and N.E's defense is the one who ranked #1 in average starting field position and that's because N.E's offense put them in that position. \

And you're a liar. You pulled those numbers out of your ass. You made them up. They had a lot more than 7 turnovers while having the lead.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I agree. It's a disgusting thought. But:

1. I would trust hoodie to raise Sam better than the eye. That's not even a question. Look at what he did with Matt Cassel. MATT CASSEL.
    2. He will know how to handle the offense AND defense. Something the late Jets coaches were totally incapable of, both individually and collectively.

So if I had to entrust Sam's care in either of the two between the hoodie and the eye, I am picking the hoodie, knowing this team will not be a laughing stock again in quite a while. I don't have the same confidence in the eye.

P.S. Of course it's completely pointless. Hoodie hates us. He isn't coming here. I was just being hypothetical there.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd rather die and never see my Jets win a SB than to see us win one with Bill Belichick. The story would not be about the Jets but all about Belly being "the greatest coach of all-time". No thank you.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How do people not understand that football is a team sport? It truly blows my mind. The Patriots would have been a great team since 2001 with or without Brady. Do they win 6 Super Bowls? Probably not. Brady clearly was important in all of those Super Bowl runs. He makes key plays in key moments that many QB's would not have done. This thread is about the AFC East being wide open, which it is. Including the Patriots having a great chance to win it even without Brady. Right now, they are a pretty average team. So are the Jets and Dolphins. Buffalo is slightly above average, but it comes down to how Allen performs.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

at this moment
    Do U really/truly believe that Belly will allow the NEPs to degrade to your scenerio?:mad:

Based on Brady going to the TBB at this moment I C the AFCE like this

Bills
    Pats
    NYJs
    Dolphs :mad:

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As of now, Champ is spot on. Bills/Pats/Jets/Fish. The Bills still have a formidable D and Allen is a year older in the system they have up there. The Pats had 52 other guys besides Brady and their roster simply was better talent wise than ours. We are better than the Dolphins but not by much. All in all, unless the Pats fall off a cliff and the Bills decide to bench or IR Allen, its the Bills' division to lose at this point.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can easily picture the Bills flopping next season after blowing a big playoff lead and crumbling against Houston. Josh Allen looked like complete dog shit that game too. He looked horrible. If that's how he performs with pressure Buffalo will never win anything with him. Putrid.

And everyone always talks about the Jets having an easy schedule as reason for 6-2 finish. Which may be correct but lets not act like Buffalo had a hard schedule last year because they didn't. They had a cake walk compared to other playoff teams.

And the Dolphins will suck again.

Patriots will struggle without Tom Brady's leadership @ the QB position.

Division is wide open for the first time in 20 years and with Sam Darnold and a Defense under Gregg Williams we can compete for the AFC East as early as next season.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

You can make an argument that the Jets have the 4th best HC in the division at this point. Or 3rd best depending on your opinion of Flores. Subject to change, of course. Belichick and McDermott are the clear 1 and 2.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Best QB, worst coach. I think a year or two down the road we're going to be pissed at the way we handled Sam years 2-4.

Ralebird and K'OB like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sean McDermott is a whopping two games above .500 after 3 years (25-23) and 0-2 during the playoffs (worst 2nd half choke job of coaching against Houston you've ever seen). But yet Jet fans are sucking him off as such a "great coach". Funny.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I can see them grabbing Dalton and drafting a QB. They won't miss a beat.

If the hoodie could get 11 win season out of Matt Cassel, of all people, he certainly can get a 12-game winner out of Dalton.