The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The 49ers did pretty much the same thing against them in 2012.. 34-0 loss. Later on that year was the infamous butt fumble....

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep, that's my point. There is no such thing as an "impregnable" defense, and having a top run defense or pass defense doesn't stop the opposing team from exploiting your supposed strength. The rules are set up to allow that to happen to increase scoring because that's what fans want.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  3. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

How far down would Clowney need to drop his price for you to be interested? He's gotta be asking less with each passing week, surely?

Just seen the Clowney thread, could a mod move it... or delete if more appropriate!

4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

If JD isn’t throwing a deal at Dennard, that’s a problem. Desir and Poole are only on the roster this upcoming year. I think next year Bless is our only returning player.

RochesterJet likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

I think we're starting to run up against the cap.

6. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

It’s a position of need unless you want to draft 3 CBs in the next two years. Room can be made.

7. ColoradoContrails

I'm not arguing his merits, but that's an aspect that has to be dealt with. Sometimes the choices you have to make aren't the ones you like.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Likely fallout from Tom Coughlin getting fired in December. He was the head honcho there and the roster was built largely based on his decisions. My guess is the new management team is still discovering hidden pitfalls as they sift through the contracts and look at retooling.

Remember what the Jets cap looked like after Parcells left and the hoops that Bradway and Herm had to jump through for the first couple of seasons? Probably the same thing with the closest guy to Parcells you will ever see. Not suggesting they are on the same level but they definitely have the same strengths and weaknesses.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How are things down south my friend?

I think for once it is better to be a northerner, especially in a supermarket.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I may be a Southerner, but I'm in the Midlands. It's ok really. Can't always get everything you want first time, but it's out there. Just very weird all round.

11. K'OB

Ah, I thought you were in London, not sure why lol we are lucky up here not many empty shelves at all, obviously toilet paper is like gold dust as is pasta and flour, not sure wtf they intend to do with those three things if the world blows up but there you go.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sad to hear that even across the pond people are hoarding toilet paper.

K'OB likes this.
  13. K'OB

It is absolutely mental?

The damned virus doesn't even give you the runs, the world is full of idiots.

14. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I also don't get the stocking up on eggs, milk, and bread. All that stuff goes bad so fast it makes no sense. I went to the store a few days back and filled my cupboard with canned food and things that will last for a few months so I won't have to get out as much. But every else had things that will go bad in a week or 2.

K'OB likes this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If the Jets trade for Williams, is it out of the realm of possibility they go WR in rounds 1 and 2?

Thinking Jeudy & Aiyuk

16. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Considering we could still use a cb and edge I think so. Also I think going for Williams is a bad idea. And I like Aiyuk but he wouldn't be my first choice

17. K'OB

In all fairness, you can freeze bread and milk and in my work we sell a product called liquid egg for baking cakes I presume?

I have just looked and what I thought was a beaten egg mixture is actually just liquid egg ie cracked eggs raw frozen, who knew?

https://www.google.com/search?q=fro...0j69i57j0l6.4382j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hey this isn't kotite's team....oh wait!!!

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It was 2003 out in Oakland. The Raiders took the opening kickoff and drove down the field and scored a TD without throwing a single pass. I’m talking like a 10 or 12 play drive.

Ironically the Jets wound up winning the game in OT.

Edit - ok researched it. Correct year but it was not the opening drive. The drive went 18 plays! That’s right - 18 rushes and a TD for the Raiders....