The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Usually, when a team does this maneuver they've already worked it out in advance, so if this is the case I doubt Gotkowski signs anywhere but N.E.

Still, worth a call.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's funny how the Adam Gase troll who you're straight up EMBARRASSING loves to harp all over Gase during his Miami days...

Consisting of only 3 years with a record of 23-25 and 1 postseason appearance but yet has refused to acknowledge that 3 years prior to the arrival of Gase the Miami Dolphins combined for a losing record of 22-26 with 0 postseason appearances; as if Gase were coaching under some type of great "winning" Franchise or something.

And after 4 years Gase has a career record of 30-34 with two crap franchises and 1 postseason appearance combined compared to Bill Belichick who even after 5 years with Cleveland's crap franchise had a losing record of 36-44 with (like Gase) only 1 playoff appearance.

Which means that if Adam Gase and our Jets only win at least 6 games come 2020, Adam Gase will then have the same amount of wins and same amount of postseason appearances as Bill Belichick did after his first 5 years of coaching.

PS: Gase will become 42 years of age after his 5th year (2020) compared to Belichick who was 43 years old after his 5th year in Cleveland.

Quite comparable you must admit, no?

And if our Jets win at least 7 games next year? I can then tell the sports world how Adam Gase has a better record than what even Bill Belichick had after his first 5 years of NFL coaching.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who didn't see this coming?

4. BroadwayAaron

You want a quote, and you're asking for an exact quote because you know it doesn't exist but you're also well aware that everything I've pointed out about Gase is valid and a turn off. This is boring and you're encouraging the awful guy with 10 page posts to post more so I'll bow out. I don't really need the internet cred. I'm happy with the offseason we've had, I'm happy we're not chasing big names for big money like Clowney. I also think you're in absolute denial if you think we are a far more attractive situation than the Dolphins which was the entire crux of this stupid debate.

#1424 BroadwayAaron, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I didn't think Vinatieri would ever leave. He has been a Colt longer than he was a Patriot by now which is crazy

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

What?

Does not fit your anti Gase agenda?

You do not like hearing facts about how if our Jets win at least 6 games next year that Adam Gase would then have the same exact NFL head coaching record with the same amount of postseason appearances as the "legend" Bill Belichick throughout Belly's first 5 years with Gase also being 1 year younger than Belichick @ the time?

Doesn't fit your agenda?

You better pray NY Jets do not win at least 6 games next year because as a Gase obsessed poster you'll never going to hear the end of it from me.

And PS: Bill had a 5-11 season during his 6th year (N.E) so come 2021 Adam Gase after 6 years will have a chance to have a much better record after 6 years than that of Belly after 6 years (probably doesn't fit your obsessed Gase agenda either lol).

7. BroadwayAaron

This would have been a really nice fallback plan if Robby gets a deal elsewhere. Assuming it's a $5ish mil deal, that's good value. Lockett, Dorsett and Metcalf are going to keep teams on their heels big time. I know we were interested in him... he must have finally said fuck it, I'm not waiting for Robby god damn Anderson to set the market.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You're correct, I know there's no quote because I know your comment was horseshit. There are no quotes showing players have denied the Jets because of Gase, simply because it's not true.

And no one said that Gase doesn't have question marks around him, but as I said earlier, I can easily point to Dolphins players remarks praising him, but again all of that is irrelevant to your comment on him as the Jets head coach.

And as far as I've read, we have an offer on the table for Clowney LOL so are you still "happy we're not chasing big names for big money"?

Actually why would you care even if we were. They wouldn't sign with us because, you know, Adam Gase.

Still waiting for that evidence btw....would be cool for you to post it before you "bow out". You don't need to win the internet cred either, you just need to prove your claims or they are just.....what was the word again?..... Oh yeah.... Horseshit

9. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Another 1-year deal. Lot of those going around...

10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If Dorsett gets 5 do you pay Robbie $12?

11. BroadwayAaron

I'd still cap it at $10 mil. He's just not worth more than that when you look at the other contracts handed out. If it's a one year deal I'd go up to $12 mil.

12. BroadwayAaron

That salary cap is going to skyrocket next year. A lot of people are ready to cash in. It will be like the NBA... when their new CBA kicked in even role players were seeing millions of more dollars on their contracts. The whole minimum salary changes and then every other contract goes up from there.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I never look into this: Are they expanding rosters / practice squads to compensate for the extra games?

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

10M per year, I'd be shocked if JD didn't match that. Guessing Robby just wanted to reunite with Rhule

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Welp, go get Perriman

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

IIRC, it’s 55 man rosters, 48 on game day and 2 more PS spots.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not worth $12 million.

See ya

18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Sign Perriman and Tajae Sharpe, trade for Trent Williams, draft Jeudy at 11.

19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Perriman and Clowney please

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Gotta admit thats a dumb decision by Robby

DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel more than likely will have a higher pecking order. Good luck getting career high #s with an unknown QB too.