The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It most likely because you can get a wr2 anywhere in this draft. Some of the good receivers could drop into the 4th round. This class is absolutely the deepest class I have seen in a while. Anderson was banking a lot of overhype and thinking he was a wr1 or something n9 one is going to pay him big money and he needs to realize that. Especially when you can get a receiver just as good in this draft easily. The only team he has big value for is the Jets and Douglas isn't going to bid against himself.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying this off-season so far. I think that Joe Douglas, our GM, has identified many major flaws with the team and is attempting to fix them; whether his solutions will work out, who knows? I like all the signings thus far, both the re-signings and the Free Agents. I think that we may now be approaching something like an average offensive line, something like C-, which will be a major improvement. I think our defense has gotten a lot stronger with these CB signings as well. I hope we resign Robbie Anderson, and we draft wisely. In my opinion we should still draft O-line in the first round despite these additions. One stud on the O-line with a bunch of solid average guys will make things much better for us.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think his play is haunting him in FA. your resume is your game film and there are lots of times when Anderson ran the wrong route or didn't come back for the football to help his QB on that game film

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Nonsense. The guy played great second half last season. The only thing haunting him regarding that is too many great plays. It’s all off the field that teams are apprehensive about.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You’re in deep denial if you think the only thing teams are apprehensive about is his off field stupidity. He’s a rail thin deep threat that has a below average catch rate.

“Great second half” stats:

29 receptions (3.5 per game)
    437 yards (54 per game)
    4 TD (.5 per game)
    59% catch rate

That’s less than 1 reception more and about 10 yards more per game than the first half where he had dogshit at QB. Boy what a stud.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thin as a rail but yet has played 62 of a possible 64 games? Clueless.

And you sound absolutely clueless while you cherry pick statistics to fit an agenda.

Only clueless tools point to "catch rate" while completely ignoring the facts how ever since coming into the league he's been forced into less than ideal circumstances and crap WR situations while receiving for two career losing crap QB's in Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown another complete bust in Petty (where is he now) along with two years of Sam Darnold behind historically awful Jet O-Lines.

His first two years were with crap QB's in Fitzpatrick/McCown who have combined for a career QB losing record of 78-136 overall (.364%) with 0 playoff starts throughout and after 31 years of NFL experience. With 0 playoff starts.

During Robby's rookie season he had to play 14 games with a QB who stole off-season $$$ from our front office in Shitztragic who went 3-11, 56% completion percentage, 12 TD's/17 INT's with an atrocious QB Rating of only 69.6. "Catch Rate?"

During Anderson's 2nd year he had to play another 13 games with another JAG career losing QB in Josh McCown who went 5-8, 67.3% completion percentage, 18 TD's/9 INT's and a career year 94.5 QB Rating and Robby Anderson put up his best season of his young career recording 63 receptions for 941 receiving yards and 7 TD's with a historically crap QB.

And don't forget about (while talking about his catch rate) that he had to line up for Petty having to play 3 games (0-3) with a QB Rating of only 55.1 with a competition percentage of only 41.9% (lol) and only 1 TD/3 INT's; Robby Anderson would've shattered 1K+ receiving yards as only a 2nd year player if not for a complete bust in Petty.

And his last two seasons? Hah. He's had Sam Darnold as the youngest QB to ever start an NFL week 1 game/2nd year (mono) while trying to throw him the football behind a makeshift and putrid offensive line that's held our entire offense back for multiple years now (not just Robby).

Give Robby Anderson a QB (such as Sam Darnold) who has pass protection due to an improved JD offensive line in order to scan the field and find open receivers and then and only then can you talk to intelligent football fans about Robby Anderson and his "catch rate".

Once again.... lol @ you.

His first two years were with career losing and crap QB's in Fitzpatrick/McCown who have combined for a career QB losing record of 78-136 overall (.364%) with 0 playoff starts throughout and after 31 years of NFL experience. With 0 playoff starts and Petty for 3 games (0-3) with a QB Rating of only 55.1 with a competition percentage of only 41.9% (lol) and only 1 TD/3 INT's followed by Sam Darnold x2 who's been running like a chicken with it's head cutoff due to makeshift and historically horrible offensive line play.

Only a completely clueless tool points to "catch rate" under those less than ideal and absolute crap circumstances for a WR to play within.

And he still has a better career "catch rate" than former Jet WR's such as D.Ward, Plaxico, Holmes, Braylon Edwards etc and everyone's favorite Quincy Enunwa and right behind all of Keyshawn, Santana Moss, Coles and Chrebet.

7. BroadwayAaron

I read two lines and there 0.0% chance I’m reading another word of this.

In short... you equated “rail thin” with injuries not me so you have no point there. I also didn’t cherry pick stats, I responded directly to a post that specified the second half of last season. I’m sure the rest of your post is full of tons of great info like all your others, but fuck that.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

You read it but the truth hurts. Most people say nothing when they are wrong.

And he still has a better career "catch rate" than former Jet WR's such as D.Ward, Plaxico, Holmes, Braylon Edwards etc and everyone's favorite Quincy Enunwa and right behind all of Keyshawn, Santana Moss, Coles and Chrebet for "catch rate".

His first two years were with crap QB's in Fitzpatrick/McCown who have combined for a career QB losing record of 78-136 overall (.364%) with 0 playoff starts throughout and after 31 years of NFL experience. With 0 playoff starts.

And don't forget about (while talking about his catch rate) that he had to line up for Petty for 3 games (0-3) with a QB Rating of only 55.1 with a competition percentage of only 41.9% (lol) and only 1 TD/3 INT's; Robby Anderson would've shattered 1K+ receiving yards as only a 2nd year player if not for a complete bust in Petty.

And 2 years with a Rookie/2nd year Sam Darnold running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff due to historically atrocious Jet O-Lines.

"Catch Rate".

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This is just way too long of a post to read.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have done a very good job of keeping the door open for Anderson if he decides to come back in from the cold. I wouldn't make power plays right now around the offer. The dynamics greatly favor the Jets and an Anderson return. Putting further pressure on him now just increases the chances that he takes a one year deal elsewhere, which would not be the best outcome for the Jets. A one year deal elsewhere will not get the Jets a shot at a comp pick and they also will not have him for depth this year, increasing pressure on them to take 2 or 3 WR's in the draft.

11. BroadwayAaron

Since it's pretty clear you insist on being a clown and that's not stopping any time soon, let's have some fun with it. How many posts until he realizes that I was talking about the second half of Robby Anderson's 2019 season? And bonus... how long til he realizes I was talking about that because someone ELSE brought it up?

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've been saying all along the Jets should draft 2 WRs even if they do resign Robby. They can grab 2 excellent WRs anywhere from round 1 - 4.

13. BroadwayAaron

Lamb and Pittman would be great but I think Pittman has played himself into the second round. I think if we resign Robby then we go one WR... still too many holes to fill and I think we have to strike while the iron is hot. This draft has a lot of guys that can be long term OL solutions.

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets can get both......I am expecting 2 OL, 2 WR, a CB within the first 4 rounds. The draft is loaded with OL and WR.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not gonna get involved in that back and forth, but Anderson's stats are skewed. The situations he has been in are far from ideal. From shitty QBs to being surround by average receivers, it does not make his job easy and stats will show that.

All Gas No Shake and K'OB like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

There's a drop off in OT's after the top 4 though. Even with the Fant signing, we still need an OT for the other side. I'm not penciling in Edoga for RT yet.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  17. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

With the big class of WR's coming into the league this year, WR $$ will follow RB $$ a decade ago. Teams will decide they can just sign several good WR's and have a WRBC approach similar to the RBBC. Only the truly elite will be paid a premium.

So Robby may think a 1-year deal makes sense as the cap amount goes up, but he should lock in a long-term contract for as much fully guaranteed he can get, and have some good incentives put in.

18. BroadwayAaron

Again I was only responding to a poster who said he had a great second half of the season. He didn't. You can't tell me that averages over an 8 game span don't tell at least half the story. It's not like the guy was making drive-continuing grabs over the middle and fighting for those extra yards, the things that don't show up in a stat sheet. Also while I agree that his situation hasn't been ideal... it says something that when our offense was humming for that three week stretch... Robby was nowhere to be found. 6 receptions for 103 yards total.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It isn't like your favourite coach was giving him the plays to thrill was it, that is the main point in why stats and Robby are not working, he isn't a possession receiver like Crowder who is likely to get 10+ balls thrown his way, sometimes Gase and the two previous goons seemed to forget that we had a long ball option, then again with an OL like paper tissue soaked for a week in mountain rain it was hardly likely he was going to get a chance to run 40 yards in 1.5 seconds.

Better OL better Robby but only if Gase allows it and calls the plays that make it happen.

20. BroadwayAaron

I get all this but my main point is there's absolutely no basis to the statement that Robby had a great second half of the year. He did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary sans that TD grab against the Steelers.