The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Such a typical response. He’s a billion times better then anyone the Jets have at that position. A billion times better.

2. #28Martin

If Ngakoue was a FA, yes. I hate giving up picks even for a guy like that. I’m sure many on this site they can get him for some incredible low ball offer. He’d minimum cost their 2nd and 5th rounder.

3. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

It means he's made his decision and is getting acquainted with his new teammates

I'm not a social media guy personally...but that's what it means

4. #28Martin

Maybe they can sign Clowney’s backup cause the price would be right. Douglas is killin it.

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

And not worth what he will get paid regardless. Just because we need to upgrade the position doesn't mean we should overpay a player that will only show up for 3 games a year. He's not worth the money. I would rather have Everson Griffin on a cheaper deal. At least he produces. I would rather make a good trade for Ngakoue because he produces. Clowney is an overrated player that demands money he isn't worth. Good teams don't sign this type of player. That's why the jets have been craps for a decade.

6. #28Martin

It could mean that. That being said that’s happened in the past with other guys and meant nothing. But you keep hoping.

7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Watching this thread unfold is pretty painful.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not the greatest logic.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. #28Martin

No worries I’m sure you’ll get your way. They can sign some ten string tackle and you guys can all celebrate cause it’s cheap. They sucked last year. They’re not better. Jenkins gone. They’ll find a way to miss out on Anderson. They’re worse. Much much worse.

10. J-Raw24

We still have plenty of room to add players. We have players that can be cut to make more room. We will still be active and get better. That said good teams that consistently go to the playoffs build a core and don't over spend on free agents unless they are already contenders. And then they only get 1-2 to put them in a better spot to push for a superbowl. We aren't contenders,. We weren't last year. We have to build a core.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. #28Martin

It’s tremendous logic. He’s disruptive. He’s also the best run stopper at his position in the sport. Anyone who watched him in the SF game where he had 10 QB pressures and was all over the field knows this is a different level player then the Jets have. Playing for Williams he’d be unreal. Like I said, I’m sure the Titans thing will end up happening. Or back to Seattle. We’ll end up with the Colts third string DL whose some sleeper and the site will throw a party. Why we never win anything. You win with stars, not nonsense. KC won cause they have Mahomes. He’s a star. And Hill. And Kelce. Stars. Pats would win cause they had Brady. Gilmore. Stars. Jets have Fant.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You let him go to the Titans SMH

they’ll be in the playoffs we won’t. Very rare that a supremely talented pass rusher like that is available. We could’ve used him too oh well

13. BroadwayAaron

I'll give you one guess what guys like Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Brady have in common.

You might not get it so I'll just say it. They were homegrown guys through the draft. They weren't signed for $20 mil a year at age 29 coming off the worst year of their career after having played only 1 full season in their career.

MJK and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's foolish for even one year. We aren't going to the SB this coming season. The only reason to sign him to an expensive one-year deal would be if we thought he was the final piece and could help us get there.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

agree completely man, people that watch Clowney play always recognize his abilities. He’s an awesome player

16. #28Martin

You aren’t building a core with Fant and McGovern. No number one WR. Not one pass rusher but let the one guy who touches the QB once in a while go. Not one CB That’s called building a very strong XFL team.

17. BroadwayAaron

They do recognize his abilities, and that's why he's still a free agent on March 20th.

Leicester Jet, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  18. #28Martin

And don’t misunderstand me. I’m sure Clowney will end up on the Titans or Seahawks. I knew that before this thread. I’m just saying just because he’s following Titans on Twitter means nothing. That happens all the times with free agents.

19. #28Martin

He’s still a FA because he wants too much money.

20. J-Raw24

McGovern was the best center in FA and a huge upgrade. Fant has potential, he may not reach it, but he could. It's a strong move. Anderson is not a wr1, never has been or will be. There is a reason he still available, we can draft and upgrade in round 2/3. Jenkins I want to resign, but I also know we can get someone like him elsewhere. Hopefully we resign him and secure that's spot. CB I have pushed for all off season because it's one of out biggest weakness, we are good vs run but garbage vs the pass. All these can still be answered but not if we overpay a player who will suck for 12 of 16 games next year. You don't pay players that give you a few good games and lay down the rest. No decent team does that.