The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I hear you, math's a bitch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I basically agree, but have minor disagreements regarding salary and the number of passes he will catch. IMO $5-$6 million is way to pay a WR who is only a deep threat and only runs 3-4 deep routes a game. With Lamb or Jeudy quite possibly getting 70 receptions of more, Crowder getting about that many, Herndon getting 40-50 receptions, and Bell getting 30-40 receptions, I can't see Robbie getting 50 receptions, especially if he's only running 3-4 routes a game.

3. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I am happy to move on and agree re thread, but the fact he wasn't charged doesn't mean much for the reasons stated.

And to be clear the entire judicial system is based on weighing evidence. I assume that's what you mean by proof but if not it should be clear no system requires proof in the sense of mathematical certainty. The police report is evidence. That's why police officers fill them out. They're contemporaneous records and the whole reason for their existence is to serve as evidence IF prosecution is pursued. Now of course they're not the final word. Defendants are allowed to put in whatever evidence they want and ultimately trier of fact (jury or judge) weights it. So please stop saying there was no proof, or at least don't imply there was no evidence. That's just wrong

at the moment you have a police report and if you want to believe it was false go ahead; on the other side of the ledger i don't know what Robby says. I don't know if he admitted or denied this, apologized or anything else. You keep saying no charges were brought but fail to realize it goes both ways. If the police report was false Robby has a cause of action too and he didn't bring charges

4. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Clowney pick the Titans yet?

5. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Clowney is a Titan

He's starting to follow Titans players on instagram.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The only way I’d be upset about this is if they got him for less than 15 million per year. Otherwise they can have him.

7. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Would be shocked if it's less than 15 mil.

Probably a short term deal. I could see 1 year 18.5. Or 2 for 36 something like that

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

BS. Just cause you don’t want the guy cause the Jets aren’t allowed to add good players, don’t make up crap to ruin it for those who want him.

9. #28Martin

They’ve skimped enough on the guys they’ve added. They have no pass rush. He’s ten times better then anyone they have, overrated or not. Two years 38 million. Done

10. BroadwayAaron

1 year $18 mil I'd have done considering any OL we sign at this point will be cheap. Anything more than 1 year and the average would have to be below $15 mil. Moot point now either way.

11. BroadwayAaron

He's not making anything up. Clowney just started following a bunch of Titans.

12. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

The writing is on the wall. If we have a plan B we'd better move on to it because Clowney is a Titan

where's our pass rush coming from?

13. #28Martin

Means nothing

14. #28Martin

That being said, we’re winning the SB cause we signed McGovern and Fant.

15. BroadwayAaron

I'm sure it's all a crazy coincidence that a free agent linked to the Titans started following a bunch of Titans on social media.

16. #28Martin

Means nothing. Players do that all the time but hey you hope it ends up being true because missing out on a guy who can play would be awesome. Especially cause Hewitt is coming back. Super Bowl !!! Hey at least we’re saving money. Douglas is killing it !!! I’m sure his offer to Clowney is like a hundred dollars, resulting in a portion of Jet fans actually thinking that’s good !!! You know what Douglas grade is this week? F -

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Clowney may be looking to get in the same ballpark (if not match) the absurd contract the Colts just gave DeForest Buckner (yearly average $21million).

And just like Clowney, Buckner was also underwhelming in the sack dept. in 2019 ending the year with a whopping 7.5 sacks on a DL that features Nick Bosa.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

Very dramatic. Clowney is a walking injury report coming off his worst statistical year as a pro. Giving him a huge contract would be unbelievably foolish unless it's team friendly or one year.

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Better than signing a guy with 3 sacks to a 20 million a year contract.

mrjet80 likes this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If Douglas is going down that road better off making a trade for Ngakoue.......