The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we don't know what he wants really, its all speculation. Its entirely possible that all he really wants is to return to Seattle and they are just trying to get Seattle to increase the offer

Leicester Jet and Br4d like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Maybe he'll bring hidden production wherever he signs. :p

NCJetsfan, ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Agreed. As NC said above, if we draft Jeudy or Lamb, Anderson could potentially fall to the #4 target after Jeudy/Lamb, Crowder, Herndon. The fact that no team has yet offered him a contract - repeat: no contract offers AT ALL, let alone for $15 million - shows what the league thinks of his value.

I think Douglas is playing this negotiation perfectly.

#1023 ColoradoContrails, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

totally hear you, but you do realize if he were a FA last year Mac would've signed him. He only needs one sucker to want him

Br4d likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree with the bold, but I also say that he would have much better #s and more of an impact with a QB that could consistently get him the ball especially down field. I think he'll get a #2 WR like deal. If that happens with the Jets and Darnold gets better at throwing the ball down the field it will be a steal for us.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

That would be the ideal use for Robby, deep threat decoy and deep threat shot 3-4x a game keeping defenses honest and not crowd the box which allows Lamb/Jeudy, Crodwer, Herndon, Bell etc. to create space and operate in space once the reception is made. Robby used as anything else isn't getting it done and I think JD knows it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Very good deal and I love the reason he chose the Broncos.

8. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Shows that not everyone is after the most money they can get.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I still can't believe people are peddling this shit?

If he said that to the cop he would have been beaten to a pulp in the local county jailhouse asap, if not right there on the street.

But nope, he got a ticket for speeding/driving recklessly, with absolutely ZERO proof he said I'll nut in your wife's eye.

He doesn't need any enemies with a fan group like ours that's for fucking sure.

Ralebird and BomberJet like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

wow, you must be the one guy on planet earth who doesn't believe that story

here is the police report
    https://www.scribd.com/document/369...60149026&source=hp_affiliate&medium=affiliate

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Older, but still very productive as a pass rusher. Odds are he’ll sign with a good team but I would be a fan if we landed him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. chandler

THen I'm mistaken and I apologize. I was under the impression it was in the police report which is quite serious evidence because the issues of filing a false report can be severe

i'm not sure he would have been beaten to a pulp by cops or inmates for hopefully obvious reasons

13. K'OB

What does that actually prove?

All it shows is that the cops typed it up back in the station but obviously had absolutely no actual proof off their body cameras that they are meant to wear or he would have been charged, which as you know he wasn't, odd that.

Is that really that hard for you to understand?

14. K'OB

It was in the report but he was not charged for lack of evidence, who says the cop didn't make it up to help get a conviction, no body cam evidence, how is that possible?

He wasn't charged with resisting arrest either.

Also, I didn't mean inmates beating him up but the cops.

If somebody said they would nut in my wife's eye, I am sure I would like to administer some instant justice and American cops do not have the greatest record with young black males.

Anyways this isn't the thread for this discussion as it is just derailing the gossip.

15. chandler

16. BrowningNagle

riiiiight, so its your opinion that the police were lying. Okay.

Its not that hard to understand that you believe that. There's just no evidence to support your claim so its kinda like a conspiracy theory

17. K'OB

Why wasn't he charged with it then, if they had him for that and resisting arrest, why did he get essentially a slap on the wrist for his driving offence?

Do you really think that if the police officer had absolute proof that he had verbally abused his wife he would be happy to see it dropped.

Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Do you think I got in enough childish i's?

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Depending on what it would cost, he might be a good addition if they decide Clowney or Ngakoue are too costly. I've never seen him play but according to his career stats since 2015 he had 58 sacks in 88 games, which is 1.5 sacks a game. Of course he's older as you said but might be worth the risk at the right price.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. chandler

There are a million reasons why people aren't prosecuted. Typically it comes down to economics of an overburdened prosecutor office, court system and penal system. NY lets far worse criminals free after they've been convicted. The fact that they didn't pursue the case is hardly surprising. He now has a record of the arrest and if he pulls that crap a second or third time it will influence the decision whether to pursue charges.

I am not disagreeing with you about what that particular cop would want to do, and I suspect that there are more cops than we would like to admit who would have found one way or the other to do what you say, but it's a great insult to suggest all cops would do that, or that cop in particular would do that.

A lot of these guys have to deal with verbal insults, spitting and worse on a daily basis. There is a school of thought out there that says there would be less of that nonsense if cops acted as you suggest. There is also a school of thought that says you should take the high road and not act that way

K'OB likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

wowwwww

well, maybe you aren't familiar with the United States judicial system. It is quite common for wealthy people, like professional athletes to hire attorneys that can get charges down to a slap on the wrist
    -
    we also have something called the 1st amendment, which allows someone to say they want to sleep with someone else's wife and not be charged.

you also suggested that if Anderson said that he would've been beaten by the police. That would be a crime in this country.