The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Robby Anderson has to sign today, right? His market really must not have developed if he hasn't signed yet. I am surprised actually. I was 50/50 on re-signing him, but I assumed other teams would be 100% in. He is clearly a play maker.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

2020 draft class

20+ guys with a top 3 round grade in this class.

No purpose in paying a guy like Anderson $13 million

Leicester Jet, chandler, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if he gets more than 10/year. 3 years, 24ish?

Br4d and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

"11" at most, even so if I am JD he has to take that offer now or it's off the table. He's not getting "13" on the market. Raiders were the main competitors it appears. Give him a nice pay bump this year and next with incentives and bonuses and make the guarantee enticing.

5. The Dark Knight

Yeah, good point. Still, usually in Free Agency, a team will step in and overpay. Quickly too. So surprising it did not happen, especially with the lack of other WR on the market.
    I agree! Joe Douglas can't wait around on Robby. If he doesn't make a decision, he needs to pursue Dorsett or whoever else he wants to replace Robby, plus use the rest of the money on someone else.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Falco21

Lack of WR on the market is irrelevant when you have so many in the upcoming draft.

And I highly doubt Douglas is "waiting around" for Robby. If there is another opportunity that presents itself, I am sure Robby will not dictate that in Douglas' mind.

7. Falco21

Jamal Adams retweeting Ngakoue tweet :)

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Adams has been so spastic on Twitter the last few months that I don't think you can take a single thing he's doing as a sign of things to come. I've never been on such an emotional roller coaster with one player. From loving him, to hating his guts on deadline day because of the way he handled everything, to being ok with him because he was playing great but still being a diva, to absolutely loving him again and wanting them to extend him ASAP... and now the cycle continues.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  9. Falco21

Oh I don't think he's signaling anything other than what we have said on here. Having him on this roster would be game changing, depending, of course, on the cost.

10. BroadwayAaron

Really like the fit there. Denver is building something nice with Lock, Gordon, Sutton and Fant.

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Philip Lindsay too ... wonder what that does for my fantasy team.

Bills / Fins were interested I hear too

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think he definitely would be unless he improves his route running and his hands. Lamb or Jeudy would be #1, Crowder would be #2, and Herndon might even surpass him as the #3 target.

13. BroadwayAaron

I think that's going to depend on Gordon's contract numbers. Lindsay is in line for an extension which I can't see happening now. If not, he's a UFA in 2021.

14. BroadwayAaron

Agreed on Herndon. That's why I said "maybe" third. And when you lay it out the way you did, it makes it pretty obvious why Robby has close to no market.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Anderson is between a rock and a hard spot at this point. No one is willing to fork up #1 WR type money for him, and quite frankly rightfully so. Couple that with the fact that the WR crop in the draft is as deep as ever, and he will have to settle for what the current market will bear. He might be more useful to the Jets than another team for his familiarity with Sam, and maybe even retain his #1 status but he will have to lower his aim. I still think he should be back, giving us one more opportunity to leverage our options with the first pick. We can go OL, or WR or pass rusher or trade down a bit. But if Lamb or Jeudy get selected, he will soon see his role change, and the number of touches reduced. A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF WEAPONS AND MAKE THIS OFFENSE BETTER.

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Or... My opinion of course.

The people on this board give RA much higher praise than anyone else... I don't think he is nearly as good as many have claimed on this board. He hasn't done anything to warrant #1 WR type money, but a solid #2 type contract sounds way more appropriate to me personally. That's just me though.

17. The Dark Knight

I agree, but normally in Free Agency, teams overpay and give big money to people that might not deserve it. As @Falco21 said, the draft is playing a big role in why Robby isn't getting the deal he wants.
    I would sign up for that. Jeudy at #11, then go OL, OL, CB with the next 3 picks in Rounds 2 and 3.

LAJet likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the odds on the Jets being obsessed with Robby Anderson are low. If they thought he was a crucial piece they would have made him a stronger offer before he hit the market.

I'm guessing the $$$ they are willing to pay him are going down by the day.

19. Br4d

This is exactly the case in my opinion. What Anderson has done warrants #2 WR money, and not great #2 money, decent #2 money.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. Br4d

If Jadeveon Clowney is really waiting for somebody to offer him $20M+ a year he should fire his agents immediately.

That was never going to happen and odds are he won't get the 4/$60M he might have gotten if that was the aim going in with so much cash already spent this FA season.

3 sacks last year and a career high of 9.5 and he wanted $20M+ a season? His agents should be fined for malpractice for not dropping him like a hot rock when he told them that was his goal.