The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

You arent wrong, but i was more putting them into the same catagory in that they are solid receivers, but not standout #1s. Both have their strengths and limitations and if you wanna run w Robby as your #1 thats cool - but again i think they are capable of being #1s but are ideally ideal #2s in a perfect scenario

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It will for some, but based on responses on this and other topics, I think some posters here will never get it.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You have 8 posts and have had words with two people already and now you want to make it three?

Look up how English sarcasm works and then re-read my original post and come back to me when you have worked it out, if you do work it out you can then message the other prick and explain it.

But you are screaming an old banned poster back with a new name to me though.

4. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

Roderick Johnson, swing Tackle from Houston just hit the market. This is someone JD should make a hard run at. Young guy with real potential. Should be able to get him for a reasonable contract.

5. NCJetsfan

Why in the heck would you do that? This is a historically good, and deep draft at WR. Cooks is getting older, and hasn't been nearly as productive as I had thought he would be. We need a tall WR who excels in 50-50 catches. We don't need a short WR, although he's fast and pretty good. His number of TD receptions has been declining for each of the last 4 seasons, and he only had 582 yards last year on an offensive-oriented team. That would be a bad move.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In all fairness he rescinded his post after being told about his concussions troubles.

7. NCJetsfan

I wonder how talks are going with Van Roten? I'd like to see the Jets sign one of Van Roten, Kline, Wisniewski or Peat, or maybe Person.

Darby should be reasonable as he can't stay healthy and on the field. I'm surprised that no one has signed Ryan yet. He must be asking for way too much money. Hopefully he'll decide that he wants to finish his career where he's from (NJ) and sign a reasonable deal.

#887 NCJetsfan, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ryan wants $10 mil a year according to NFL Network so that explains why he isn't signed. Kline or Van Roten should be our next move to get Winters out of here. Either would be an upgrade, especially Kline.

9. NCJetsfan

The thing you're missing is that you're trading for an older "top tier" guy who will have a limited shelf life, who potentially will only be able to help the team for a couple of years, before he quite possibly becomes more injury prone and his skills and speed erode, and using picks that could be used on players that could help the team for 5-10 years. "Elite" players can be found in every round of the draft and as UDFAs. In addition you're having to give the older "elite" player big money, and the two players you get with the draft picks will be cheap for 3-4 years and can quite possibly outplay their contracts, whereas it would be nearly impossible for that older "elite" player to outplay his contract.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Thanks for the info. $10 million a year is pretty darned good imo for a player of Ryan's ability who averages double-digit passes defensed each season, a little over 2 interceptions a season, and over 70 tackles a season. I'm even more shocked now that someone hasn't signed him.

11. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of discussion and opinions on Anderson since the season closed.

However, after this quieter time and the market he clearly expected being there. I hope to see him back on a contract everyone is happy with.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I thought you weren't crazy about starting Fant at LT. With that trade down, there's a chance we could get one of Josh Jones or Austin Jackson, but possibly not. Even if we did, I'm not certain that either of them would be any better than Fant for the upcoming season. Are you really willing to risk Sam's health and career to get a Ngakoue?

I'm not, even though that sounds pretty enticing. If I were more certain about the LT spot, then I would, but not with the way things are.

13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree. Both are wr2. Hopefully we can bring Anderson back at a reasonable deal. Will help going into the draft.

Billsfan1212 likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Dude, this isn't Madden. Cooks may only be 26, but he's had a number of concussions, his TDs per season are decreasing each year, he's only 5'10, and this is a historically good and deep draft for WRs. Why in the heck would we trade a draft pick for a WR, when there are a ton to choose from in the draft? That makes zero sense. You obviously have no understanding about the salary cap or how to build a roster.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

16. NCJetsfan

What good would that do you when Sam went down with a year or career-ending injury?

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There’s no guarantee that one of the 4 tackles will be there when we pick. Would you feel better if we did it otc and the tackles were gone?
    For the record. I don’t believe any of the 4 will be better than fant for the upcoming season.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Yes, but not before I had posted my response. Even without the concussions, it would have been a dumb move. With the concussions, it was an insane move.

K'OB likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Love it, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! WE have a real, honest-to-God GM, finally! Thanks for posting this!!!!

K'OB and SOJAZ like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great tidbit of info. Thanks. Good to have JD on board.