The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The new CBA is agreed to, the cap is set, free agents are agreeing to deals with their old teams and if we’re lucky, free agency will kick off less than 24 hours from now. It probably won’t, but I need something to look forward to... hence this thread.

Post all pertinent signings, trades, rumors, reports here so we have one central place for all the news. Something tells me we’ll be refreshing a whole lot over the next month.

I’ll start:

He was never going to be a Jet, but, he just set the market.

Noam likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

Crap, can a mod change this to “free agency” instead of offseason?

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Damn. I was just posting about him yesterday. Would have loved him if we struck out on Conklin.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Robby Anderson on line one please. Robby Anderson better get locked up long term.

The Dark Knight and Mr mittens like this.
  5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Calais Campbell traded to Baltimore Ravens for a 5th round pick. Nearing a 2 year $27 million extension.

My take: Now they’ll trade Judon, get picks, and they get a pass rusher who won’t effect their comp pick system. Got to hand it to Baltimore.

6. MaximusD163

Ryan Tannehill gets a 4 year $118 million extension.

My Take: Look for Derrick Henry to be Franchise Tagged soon.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The more I look at things the more I hope we seriously address outside linebacker this off-season.

I just don't see us getting a great one in the draft unless Chase Young announces that he has Coronovirus on draft day.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He definitely will............. just not sure which team will do it though! :D;)

9. BroadwayAaron

Free agency officially begins tomorrow at noon!

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...undup-texans-bradley-roby-inks-3year-36m-deal

Roundup: Texans' Bradley Roby inks 3-year, $36M deal
    • By Nick Shook
    • Around The NFL Writer
    • Published: March 15, 2020 at 06:34 p.m.
    • Updated: March 15, 2020 at 06:57 p.m.
    Bradley Roby is staying in Houston.

The cornerback agreed to a three-year, $36 million deal with the Texans, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo and James Palmer reported, per sources informed of the deal.

Roby's career arc has been a roller coaster of sorts. A year ago, most were talking about Roby's potential while also immediately pointing out inconsistency as his main issue. In terms of traditional statistics, Roby has remained mostly steady, recording double-digit pass defends in four of his six seasons and one or two interceptions in each of his six campaigns. Roby's production was commendable in 2019, when he recorded 38 tackles, one sack, eight passes defended, two interceptions (including one returned for a touchdown) and one forced fumble.

Roby's Pro Football Focus overall grade has been up and down, though, peaking at 78.3 in 2017 and bottoming out at 59.9 in his final year in Denver.

Bill O'Brien's Texans signed Roby to a one-year, $10 million deal in 2019, and his play in 10 games was enough for Houston to pursue him for multiple seasons. His 2019 grade of 66.8 points toward further improvement, but his history has been too volatile to make that a completely realistic expectation. A second season in Houston in the same defensive system under Romeo Crennel should help Roby's performance stabilize, a hope that is reflected in his new contract with the team.

In other news:

» The Falcons announced they have re-signed defensive tackle Tyeler Davison to a three-year contract. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported the deal is worth $12 million with $4.5 million guaranteed. In his first year in Atlanta, Davison recorded a career-high 55 tackles and four tackles for a loss while starting 12 games.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Take it for what it's worth

NYJFOREVER, Brook! and FJF like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/redski...ld-have-been-high-on-jets-wish-list/313053706

Three-time Pro Bowler likely staying put in Washington
    By Alex Smith | Mar 14 | 3:09PM

Cross one potential offensive lineman addition off the board for the Jets.

The Washington Redskins have placed their franchise tag on Pro Bowl guard Brandon Scherff.

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano notes that Scherff would have been high on the Jets' shopping list, but they never really thought he was going to hit the open market.

As with any non-exclusive franchise tag, the Jets could still try to negotiate with Scherff, but Washington would be able to match any offer, or the Jets would have to give up two first-round picks if the Redskins didn't match.

Originally the fifth overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, Scherff has become one of the best interior linemen in the league, earning three Pro Bowl invites in his five seasons. He's committed just 19 accepted penalties over those five seasons and has never been called for holding more than five times in a single year.

Overhauling the offensive line is priority number one for Joe Douglas and the Jets this offseason, and while there will still be some solid names on the market in the coming days, Scherff would have been the best guard of the bunch.

In 2019, Alex Lewis played 75 percent of the team's offensive snaps, while Brian Winters played close to 52 percent. Prized trade acquisition Kelechi Osemele, who the Jets hoped would lock down one of their guard spots for years to come, played just 18 percent of the team's total offensive snaps, as he was released in late October following a lengthy back-and-forth with the team over a shoulder issue.

Lewis is set to hit the open market when the league's new year begins on Monday, and while Winters has one year left on his deal, he could likely be a cap casualty, as the Jets could save just over $7 million with no dead money if they were to cut him.

Brook! likes this.
  13. dawinner127

[​IMG]
    No denial from the sister :cool::cool:

14. BroadwayAaron

Look at her likes. She likes seemingly every tweet that mentions her brothers name.

15. dawinner127

I didn’t even look tbh. I was semi-memeing. It’s actually hysterical everyone thought it was his wife. They’re prob Sitting there Laughing their asses off.

FJF likes this.
  16. MaximusD163

Patriots sign Devin McCourty to a 2 year $23 million deal.

My Take: We drafted Kyle Wilson 2 selections after the Patriots drafted McCourty.

17. MaximusD163

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will Franchise Tag DE Shaquil Barrett.

My Take: They may still get a deal done, as Barrett is a less likely trade candidate.

18. MaximusD163

Adam Schefter says looks like Kansas City will place the Franchise Tag on Chris Jones.

My Take: No surprise as he is one of the best players in the league.

19. MaximusD163

Schefter also reporting Leonard Williams is being Franchise Tagged by the Giants.

My Take: Giants have no choice, but does this give the Jets a 4th rounder?

20. MaximusD163

Packers agree to a 2 year $16 million deal with LB Christian Kirksey formerly of the Browns.

My Take: Packers are desperate for run defense after they were exposed in the playoff game versus San Francisco.