The 2012 Yankees -- General Discussion

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

When schadenfreude is all you got, it ain't much.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nothing but jealously right there for a century of winning.

Hey at least the Yankees aren't nearly as big a train wreck as the Red Sox right now :beer:

3. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

well that certainly was a bust. yanks had their chances in the first 3 games, they just couldn't deliver. they are the only team that i can count on for any joy whatsoever, not happy about the loss, would have been nice to go down fighting but they simply got exposed by the oriole pitchers and the tigers did a great job of that and struck the hell out of them all, i've never seen more whiffs in my life.
    you can say the yankees got some bad calls in the first two games, but the real story is that they couldn't hit themselves in the head with the bat. 210 days till pitchers and catchers report right?
    the Tigers really tanned their ugly hides didn't they. ouch!!

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Actually,the quit is embedded in queens before the season even starts,thats the difference. In queens,it is a huge suprise if the mets make the playoffs,in the bronx its a suprise when they fail.

5. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

118-119 days, actually.

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

painful watch today eh Cap? brutal, but what can you do, they just couldn't hit. can't go deep in the playoffs on long balls only which is what the yanks are, they abandoned any type of small ball and manufacturing of runs all year,
    and against good pitching, that's not a good formula to be based on.
    even when they had a leadoff guy on, everyone was swinging for the homer, it's a crazy way to play, i'm surprised they actually got as far as they did this year. most teams would sign up for the ALCS win or lose, but yankee fans have ogtten so spoiled it feels like a failure today. but truthfully, the failure feeling with me is the performance they put on, not that they didn't win the world series.

7. typeOnegative13NY

I see it a different way. Not too many teams have the run of success the Yankkes have had for years with a same core of home grown players like Jeter,Mo,Pettitte,Posada, etc. Yeah,they brought in some big contracts,but so did the mets. It just didn;t work out the same for them so it doesnt draw the same attention. hell,the red sox too. You cant tell me that when Arod was prime,you wouldnt have been excited if it had been the mets that signed him. I cant stand the guy and wish he would be gone next year.

8. GordonGecko

Kevin Long = the new Brian Schottenheimer

9. typeOnegative13NY

can he really be to blame though? they were hitting all year. i cant believe what happened in the playoffs,never seen anything like it

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It was the worst I've seen it but I remember the bats dissapearing in 05, 06, and 07 real bad.

11. GordonGecko

They were not hitting all year, they were hitting through July and then started to collapse in August. They did zero with RISP for the last two months, and the whole team was built on home runs.

I say KL is the new BS because management is in love with him, he's such a genius, yada yada - HIS FUCKING ENTIRE STAFF OF $200,000,000.00 COULDN'T BUY A FUCKING HIT ALL POSTSEASON. I'm sorry but the coaching has to play a part when the everyone chokes like that

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I can dig up a number of anti-Patriots posts from you. We both hate the Patriots. You hate the Red Sox. I hate the Yankees. Doesn't make anybody wrong. Doesn't make anybody right. You just happen to root for a .333 baseball team that suffered a horrible ending o their season.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Is water wet?

All I saw you do tonight was quit on your team and then talk about the shit ass Mets.

14. typeOnegative13NY

I wasn't home,i was doing something at someone elses house and was going out of my way to watch it out of the corner of my eye. Down 6-0,and not being able to hit a beach ball,i turned it off. I don't go in Met threads. I talked shit about the Mets to the met fans that were here in a Yankees thread celebrating a Yankees loss.

15. typeOnegative13NY

Can't argue that. I forgot all about blowing a huge lead in the division and having to duke it out with Baltimore for the division.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Good call, me too. It was a downward spiral, really. Team is old, get younger, no more 10 year/$200m contracts please.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So hypothetically if the Yankees can find some team stupid enough to take Afraud who do they get to play 3rd base? Chavez obviously isn't that guy. I'd also say for the $$$ Teixeira has been a disapointment. Cano is still one of the best players in the game so one bad postseason doesn't change that, you need to accept that Jeter isn't there forever. Ichiro was a nice pickup but obviously he isn't long term either. You guys have a ton of questions.

What do you see the 2013 starting lineup looking like?

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You can blame jonnyd for my appearance here. I had to get my pound of flesh after his trolling in the Mets thread earlier this year got ME banned for trolling. LongTimeJetsFan/InstantModerator saw trash talking while he was drunk and decided to give me a 36-point warning and a ban.

Don't come into Mets threads and provoke us while the Mets suck and we won't come here.

19. typeOnegative13NY

The Yankees deserve everyone coming here after that performance I done mind,I just like to argue back

20. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Whoa. Sounds like we've got an...

*trumpet fanfare*

Internet Sports Turf War!

How delightfully and misleadingly macho!