The 1st round Seattle/Jamal pick. The "Seahawks Tankathon Thread".

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 8, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Trust me I'm not trying to backseat mod and don't want a permaban I'm just not sure why we're able to discuss the 1st pick and not the 2nd 1st rounder on the main forum oh well

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

if it helps, feel free to discuss the Seattle pick in the Tankathon thread as well.

3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

The biggest thing this better pick from sea gets us is probably the ability to trade back into late round 1 and get an additional second or something in that ballpark

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't know if it will happen but I would love if we somehow find a way trade Seattle pick to another team for a 2022 first rounder to have 3 first rounder in a year where most likely a full college season will be played.

joe likes this.
  5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

SEA pick is currently 20th after their loss today, and they've got ARI again this Thursday. C'mon Cardinals!

6. WoodyHarrelson

Exactly. Being in the teens range or low 20 will do that for us

jilozzo and Brook! like this.
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

@Brook!
    . .
    Brook rastiyê dibêje.

Brook! likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

No. I don't need to "apologize" to the board for supporting our once All-Rookie, multiple pro bowler, multiple All Pro (first 1st-team All Pro since Revis) etc along with a player due to his on field greatness as a JET netted us a Khalil Mack type of haul resulting in two first round picks and a 3rd;

I'm already dreaming of Kyle Pitts with our Seattle pick from Adams; so I'm thankful #33 was ever a Jet to begin with and I'm already ready to mush Kyle Pitts in the faces of every Jamal hater who ever bothered me lolo

Oh yeah. He just recorded two sacks, two tackles for loss behind the LOS and 1 forced turnover against the Rams (however Wilson crapped the bed).

And spare me the whole Jamal Adams stinks in Seattle bull crap all because a whopping small 5 game sample, size says... Hello (how's our Jets Defense looking since his departure, crickets? Yeah; crickets).

JD gets 5-6 years?

But Adams doesn't even get 6 games? Nope. I will never apologize to a bunch of hypocritical hypocrites.

In closing. People on this board owe ME an apology because they were the ones looking to trade Jamal to Dallas for a single #17 pick lol while fans such as myself went on record stating Jamal's trade value was easily two firsts + a 4th (I was wrong because we ended up receiving two 1sts and a 3rd (gave up a 4th) so I was right in my trade assessment of Adams and I'm so happy JD didn't listen to these Jet fans begging for a single 1st 17th Lolo

Good night.

#68 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  9. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I’d rather have cd lamb than two Seattle firsts. Can’t guarantee we would have taken him if he were available but still.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not me. Because Seattle's pick this year can become even better than 17th (currently 20th) if they continue to lose (3 of their last 4 ala 1-3) along with next year's #1 (as well) which can be used on another offensive TL building block or even a monster Pass Rusher from the outside (+ a 3rd).

Fans who wanted to trade away #33 for a single 17th owe me (and JD an apology) imo.

11. Cromartie's_kid

And I don’t think anyone owes you anything. It’s a differing of opinions. It if you want to keep clapping yourself on the back you go for it.

Brook!, Leicester Jet and stinkyB like this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

There are 3 players who I'd absolutely love for Trevor Lawrence with our Jamal pick.

1.) Kyle Pitts. TE. Florida.

2.) Terrace Marshal Jr. WR. LSU.

3.) Rondale Moore. WR. Purdue.

And Seattle falls to 15-17ish? I believe Kyle Pitts will fall right into our laps.

Steelers: 9-0.
    Chiefs: 8-1.
    Packers: 7-2.
    Saints: 7-2.
    Bills: 7-3.
    Bucs: 7-3.
    Rams: 6-3.
    Dolphins: 6-3.
    Seattle: 6-3.

Ravens: 6-3.
    Browns: 6-3.
    Titans: 6-3.
    Lions: 4-5.

If Seattle continues to lose as they've lost 3 of 4? Their pick can end up becoming right outside of the top 10.

Thursday Night:
    Arizona
    @ Seattle (an Arizona win would start off our week awesome) and would completely knock Seattle out of the NFC playoff picture..

Sunday:
    Browns (6-3) vs Philly ( 3-5-1).

Saints (7-2) vs. Falcons (3-6).

Lions (4-5) vs. Panthers (3-7). Detroit with a win would become yet another 5 lose team begining to hawk Seattle down from behind.

Jaguars (1-8) vs. Steelers (9-0). Here we can afford to root for Jax and Trevor Lawrence because Seattle isn't catching Pittsburgh to begin with.

Titans (6-3) @ Ravens (6-3) = wash.

Patriots (4-5) @ Texans (2-7). I hate to say it, but a N.E win means another team breathing down Seattle's necks while hawking them down (N.E is our biggest threat to Kyle Pitts too).

Dolphins (6-3) @ Broncos (3-6). I care more about having a great Seattle 1st round pick more than I do Miami of 2020.

Colts (6-3) vs. Packers (7-2). GB won't miss the playoffs and I'd love to see Indy move a full game ahead of Seattle.

Vikings (4-5) vs. Dallas (2-7). Minny as another 5 loss team looking to hawk a (hopefully) 4 loss Seattle team from behind.

Raiders (6-3) @ Chiefs (8-1). Raiders creating a full 1.0 game separation here would become A+.

Monday Night:
    Rams
    (6-3) @ Buccaneers (7-3). Rams as a division rival to Seattle gaining another 1.0 game over Seattle would become A+.
    _______

I want Seattle's pick for Jamal of the 1st round to get closer and closer to a top 10 pick within the worst way.

13. Cromartie's_kid

I didn’t like hearing that Seattle has the easiest SOS in the league during the game last night. Especially after they beat a good team and their d didn’t look awful. I don’t see any real way they miss the playoffs other than Russ getting hurt.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am rooting for taking Trey Smith with the Seahawk pick. Putting him next to Becton would be a dream for us and nightmare for opposing DLs. Two really nasty overpowering OL that like to abuse defensive linemen. We should not have a problem runnning to the left for the next 10 years.

15. WoodyHarrelson

This is going to sound awful but I would take a college LT, who projects as LG ie Leatherwood if available and draft him. Becton has been hurt more often than not this year. I hope it's not a sign of things to come but could be a good hedge while addressing a need in interior OL. Even a guy like Jackson Carman round 2/3 (late 2) could work.

16. Cromartie's_kid

I’d also recommend that when your star player is hurt - just don’t dress him rather than dress him as an emergency backup and then put him in after the backup gets hurt. Mismanagement of injuries is a Jets thing not necessarily a darnold/ bechton being injury prone thing.

17. Snatch Catch

The more I think about the Seahawks pick, the more I'm convinced that Douglas will trade it to further create additional assets in his war chest.

And I really like that idea.

18. Cromartie's_kid

trade it for what? A player or more picks?

19. Snatch Catch

More picks. Like, lets say the Seahawks pick is 26th, he trades back to 34th for a couple of 4th rounders or an additional 3rd this year. Or he trades back to 40th for an additional 2nd rounder next year. Something like that.

20. Cromartie's_kid

Wouldn’t be surprising. If he has a lot of faith in his staff and his own eye I could see that. I think he did a very good job with his first draft.

Snatch Catch likes this.