The 1st round Seattle/Jamal pick. The "Seahawks Tankathon Thread".

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

joe and nycarl like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wouldn't be against using the 2021 Seattle 1st rounder on Josh Myers if he's available. The C position has been a revolving door since Mangold retired and McGovern hasn't shown enough to be the starter in 2021.

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The only way the Seahawks miss the playoffs is if they lose six out of their last eight, which is highly improbable considering they have PHL, NYG, NYJ and WAS still to play on consecutive weeks. And then they finish up with a battered Niner squad. They should be able to sleepwalk through those five games and easily reach the postseason. Way too much talent on that squad to pull a second half of season swan dive...something the Jets did quite often...when they were a halfway decent team

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on!

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

nycarl and Mogriffjr like this.
  6. Brook!

Peeps. Do we keep this thread here or move to NFL Forum. This is kind of gray. Will do what public wants unless another mod makes the move before I see :)

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What is there really to talk about? We have no control over where the Seahawks pick, so it's all just empty speculation. Move it, lock it, it doesn't really matter IMO.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well the official tankathon thread is only being discussed about the #1 overall pick (and Trevor Lawrence).

At least with this thread it's regarding our 2nd first round pick and can make for nice discussion on the exciting players who can be available for the Jets with our 2nd first round pick.

Brook! likes this.
  9. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I like this thread here.
    People want that Clemson RB here but unless TL will be more comfortable and wants him I wouldn’t waste a pick on a RB that high. We need a WR or OL help. Even an edge rusher.

10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Seattle didn't acquire Adams so he can win them a couple extra regular season games. They acquired him for the postseason, where they are guaranteed to need him to shut down a high-powered offensive team like New Orleans, Los Angeles, Green Bay or Tampa - the latter was until yesterday at least.

11. Brook!

Okay. Let's keep it here. If another mod makes the change don't yell at me please. :)

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

If Seattle can fall enough to where Kyle Pitts out of Florida is available; he's imo a no brainier.

If not, WR Rondale Moore is one of my favorite WRs coming out and an absolute 1st round explosive talent.

He's a smaller WR @ 5'9 but he reminds me of a younger DeSean Jackson and a current Tyreek Hill type of game changing and electric offensive weapon and the type of dynamic WR we haven't featured since Santana Moss; I absolutely LOVE this kid.

Wut? likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Terrace Marshall Jr. out of LSU is another one I'd absolutely love and killing the SEC right now with great outside size @ 6'3.

LSU has really been a hotbed for NFL WRs over the years and I think both Chase/Marshall Jr become their next two NFL stars @ WR.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Rashod Bateman
    DeVonta Smith
    Pat Freiermuth

15. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Killing the SEC and LSU don't go in the same sentence this year. They have missed 2 games due to Covid and would have been heavily defeated in both. His yardage is only so good as he is getting the majority of the work on a very poor team

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's a lie. He put up 46 receptions for 676 receiving yards and 13 TD's last year before getting his opportunity to become their #1 this year with 31 receptions for 540 receiving yards and 9 TD receptions throughout only 5 games. He's one hell of a WR talent (just like so many recent LSU NFL WR studs).

At least he didn't pull a Chase and too cowardly to become EXPOSED without JOE BURROW.

17. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make it a lie.

Last year he made 671 receiving yards - figures from ESPN - in 12 games, an average per game of 55.9 yards per game (not earth shattering) This year he has 540 receiving yards to date but 235 of those yards came against a Missouri Tigers team who are not exactly top rate. LSU has still to play a decent team this year, with most of the teams that they have played currently in the bottom half of their respective divisions

Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why this thread was moved to the draft forum is beyond me. TGG would be having a blast within this thread right now on the main forum after Seattle's loss (now 3rd in NFC West).

I guess only the #1 pick for Trevor means something and our 2nd pick of the 1st round (Seattle) doesn't therefore moved to "the draft forum".

Oh well. Just my opinion.

19. Brook!

Well I didn't move and it was another mod/admin following the forum rules. We can still have fun with it here. :) Don't worry.