The 1st round Seattle/Jamal pick. The "Seahawks Tankathon Thread".

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 8, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The guy is all talk. There was a moment in the game where Buffalo was lighting up the scoreboard. Then the camera panned to Jamal Adams on the sideline just yelling and yelling to/at his defensive teammates on the sideline. The announcers said "it looks like Jamal Adams is trying to rally his teammates" but honestly they didn't know what he was saying, it looked more like he was yelling at or blaming his teammates.

Irregardless, it didn't work cause their defense continued to get lit up the rest of the game. I think Adams is the type of guy who gets tuned out by his own teammates

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This was my issue with him...he has NEVER been a ball hawk. He doesn’t change games. Yes, he’s around the ball a lot, and he is a good pass rushing safety. But if you need to get sacks from your safety, that’s a problem....it means your DL is shit and can’t rush the passer. Which was exactly our problem.

I will admit that, judging by how bad our D is without him, he made way more of an impact on our D than I would have guessed, but even still....he is just not a game changing player - he was the wrong pick when drafted, and was not a player that we should be building around. On D, I’d rather pay top dollar for a great CB or pass rusher. Not a box safety.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He played an awful game yesterday too. He was nowhere to be found and there were Bills receivers running free wide open over the middle of the field all game. In the Seahawks Cover 3 - that's supposed supposed to be his territory.

He's not a great pass defender if he's not blitzing or manned up on a tightend. He's elite at those two things and great in run support.

Not sure what Seattle thought they were getting.

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Perfect analysis.

Guy is a used car salesman.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He plays more like a middle linebacker honestly. Which is why he was great here because Williams used him that way. As soon as you try to put him in space and tell him to find the open receiver and attack the ball he's pretty lost.

He's still a dynamic player. But he'd be better used in a 4-2-5 in either man coverage or reeking havoc in the box. He's not effective in deep pass sets. That's why Maye complimented him really well.

Brook! and Red Menace like this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

To be clear though
    - it's still midway through a season and he's just coming back from injury
    - He's being used as if he's a nickel corner right now, no idea why he's being asked to cover WR's when he's more like a hyper athletic LB. But that's coaching for you. Gregg used Jamal to his strengths, no shock he's struggling in SEA right now

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say hid did zero, I did not watch much but I did see him get a sack on 3rd and 6 to force a punt when game was within reach.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

For all those still crying about Jamal Adams being traded and trashing Douglas for it, consider the following statistics:

He has only played in 4 games this season. He has 28 total tackles, with 18 solo tackles and 10 assists, 3.5 sacks and 1 pass defensed. So he looks like he is just good against the run and in rushing the passer, but is a liability in coverage, and some of you wanted to pay him huge money. Tsk.

#28 NCJetsfan, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I haven’t done any film study on the Seahawks when he’s been there, but you know stats like that don’t tell the whole picture.

One thing I’d be willing to bet is that he isn’t playing the same role as he was for the Jets. He is doing some similar things around the line of scrimmage, but from what I saw in coverage Adams was best as a press man cover Player against TE’s in the slot. If they have him in a zone cover role a lot, which I bet they do since the generally run a cover 3 heavy scheme, it doesn’t maximize his talents as much. 28 tackles is pretty good for a safety in 4 games, it’s pace for over 100 for 16 games and I’m sure he’s just getting back into the swing.

The Seahawks main issue is their lack of pass rush.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Don't look @ Seattle.

Look at the Jets.

And just look @ how our once top 10 defense has completely and immediately fallen off a cliff once losing Jamal.

But you wouldn't know that because you're a self admitted fan who admits to not watching the Jets on TV so in all actual reality; you have no idea the impact Jamal made for our Jets defense because you never bothered enough to even watch the games.

I remember I felt bad that you didn't watch any Jet games. So I offered you a beautiful stream site with no lag and 100% quality; and you refused and declined my offer due to being scared of viruses lol

Jamal Adams isn't the reason why Seattle's defense is horrible. Seattle's defense is so bad to the point they were willing to trade away two first round picks to begin their defensive rebuild.

Funny how NC creates a thread to mock Jamal Adams (whopping 4 games) but yet considers JD our greatest GM ever All Time despite 7-17 overall and 0-8 here in 2020 lol

So JD gets time to improve NYJ but Seattle doesn't get time to mold their defense around Adams? Weird.

11. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Some guy posted a thread about the Adams trade in September of 2019 and was 'excoriated' over it. Rumor has it, he did not give 2 shit$ about it...

12. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Yeah some genius posted a thread about the Adams trade in September 2019.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Over rated
    Clap clap clapclapclap

Brook! likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course they don't tell the whole story. Seattle very well could not be using him in the best way possible for his talents. The thing is, however, that he wasn't that good vs the pass here, either. His stats vs the run are good, and that is his strength, but imo that's why he shouldn't get top dollar. If he was a great FS and great in coverage, that would be another matter. His game is in the box and playing the run, and that just isn't a prime position.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

This thread should be moved to the NFL forum and immediately too, asap.

Why?

Because Jamal Adams is no longer an NY Jet (and our once top 10 defense has fallen off a cliff without him).

16. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He’s an in the box safety not really a cover guy. Cam Chancellor was similar same as Derwin James when he’s healthy. They brought him there to stop the run game in that division and cover Kittle. Jamal is a solid player but for the compensation we got and the rebuild we are going through it was the right move.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

You have such a strong opinion on Jamal Adams despite the fact that you, never actually watched any of his games; especially last year as he single handedly led a top 10 defense.

How many Jet games did you watch last year NC? I believe you said you watched only two games?

So therefore you are basing your opinion on Jamal from box score numbers and not your own eyes.

How about you actually watch 2020s Defense? and then you'll see how crappy they are without #33 leading them .

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams can't be truly judged until playoff time. If Adams makes a key play to send Seattle to the NFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl, then it was a great trade for Seattle. His job is to get the team over the top when it matters the most. As for right now, the Seattle defense is a joke. If Russell Wilson wasn't amazing, they would be an under .500 team.

No doubt Adams has not been worth 2 1st Round picks at the moment, but it is early.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Seattle had a stinker vs Buffalo no doubt but we’d be lucky if they are not in the nfc championship game. I expect we will be picking between 28-32 so anything less would be amazing

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This tweet needs an explanation from @DefenseWinsChampionships

What happened bro? Your golden boy is shitting the bed. Why did you throw all that fit when he was traded. Do you see why people hate you when you try to write 20 paragraphs about the same point over and over and over and over.

You owe an apology to this board. Did you read above tweet? Please read huh?