That's where the circus went....Cleveland.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by gustoonarmy, May 13, 2014.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Deep breathe Mike.....

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It would be funny, but if they were actually that undecided between the 2 then they wouldn't have traded back up.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When you're a really bad team, and the Browns have been a really bad team, bringing the circus to town is a mixed blessing. If it actually sells seats and gets people pumped up for the season it can be a positive thing. If it turns the clubhouse into a chaotic mess then it won't be a positive no matter what.

I don't buy the report BTW. You don't trade up to select one QB and then switch at the last second to another. I have a much easier time believing that Haslam (and the organization) wanted Manziel all along because they wanted the noise that he would bring along with him. That owner and organization have some very rough patches ahead of them over the next couple of years as the Pilot Flying J thing comes to its logical conclusion. They need the loud crowd in the clubhouse to try to drown the noise from that out somehow.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Well obviously this proves that the Browns owner is all about media attention rather than football! He's running the secret Browns shadow government and just changes draft picks at the last second that the scouts and coaches all agreed on. LOLZ

CleveSteve likes this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-latest-updates-on-cleveland-browns-qb-battle

Actually no circus in Cleveland. Manziel is being treated like a rookie and the third stringer. Good for them.

Read a quote from Pro Bowler Joe Thomas in another article, can't find it where he said basically Manziel 'has kept his head in his play book and has done a good job of being a rookie, keeping his mouth shut. Rookies are supposed to be seen and not heard which is what he's done'.

Good for Manziel and good for the Browns.
    _

CleveSteve likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

7. JStokes

8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Johnny Sideshow

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's 21/22 years old. Who cares. I'm sure there are plenty of athletes this weekend enjoying themselves.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Studying the hell out of that playbook.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Holy fuck. How much better would the world be if a bomb went off in that room taking out all four of those dickheads? It's like 4 of the biggest douchebags we have on this earth got together in one place. Just daring us to do something about it. Almost too tempting

abyzmul likes this.
  12. JStokes

Manziel could have been out next Namath.

Yeah let's bomb the hell out of them.

Geezuz.

_

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

what room? what happened?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the photo. Manziel, a rapper , Mayweather Jr. and Bieber. Wow that is some strange bedfellows.

14. BrowningNagle

He'll never be Namath. He's a spoiled rich kid who has had everything handed to him in life and hasn't experienced real adversity yet. That's like the opposite of Namath who blazed his own trail. He plays an exciting game and I think he could be successful in some cities, but not in New York as a Jet. Cleveland will hit him hard too. Just wait until he starts struggling midseason and the media feasts on him - that kid will crack like a child. I give him 2/3 years before he runs out of this league back to the easy life..

Regardless he's a tool, though my post had a little more to do with Bieber and Mayweather who are bigger tools.

15. JStokes

Didn't say "will be", said could have been. He may in fact be out of the league in 2-3 years. He may become the most dynamic QB in football in 2-3 years. Nobody knows, would have been interesting.

Btw, I disagree--he would have had NY eating out of his hand. I don't see him as the "cracking" kind of player--I think he is an immensely confident kid--he'd thrive on the media attention.

_

74 likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

The kid was cracking in College Station, TX where he was beloved. Always playing the victim, crying on twitter how he can't wait to leave A&M- yeah, because being worshipped is really hard. Playing for the Jets, the NY media would've ate him up and spit him out. Like Mark Sanchez x50... except Mark Sanchez, for all his flaws, really wanted to succeed and busted his ass. This kid would just throw in the towel.

17. JStokes

That was one tweet taken way out of context and overplayed x1000. You never heard a peep about any of that last year.

_

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Do you know what confirmation bias is. You sound like you have this idea in your head about who he is and everything you see is just tossed aside or confirms what you want to see. Hes a young kid whos a bit polarizing and draws a lot of attention. He's really blown out of proportion.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hey, don't hate on the Beibs. The Beibs made a song where he trash talked Tom Brady. The Beibs is the bomb. Capish.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Pettine probably started this rumor to keep from being blamed when Johnny Football gets his first DUI