Thank you Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SomeNoob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

One it was in the divisional round, 2....................................
    [​IMG]

2. boomer

boomer Active Member

Some of these anti Pennington comments are just making more embarrassed to be a Jet fan this year. Not because of the 1 and 7 record, but because miserable, classless fans like that. The same kind that CHEERED his injury. This isnt a Chad Pennington discussion thread, its a simple thank you from the fans that appreciate all that he has contributed to this franchise the past six seasons. You threw in your 2 cents enough times this year, fine, you dont have to do it now. But get lost just this one time. The fact that I even have to waste time adressing you now is pathetic.

With that aside, Chad Pennington has been a classy, hard working leader since he took over for Vinny in 2002. Though he hasnt been able to contribute another championship to this organization, he still has provided more success than most who have played under center. Despite his ”limited” ability. The memories he have provided me will never be forgotten. Although I support the decision to move on with Kellen Clemens, it is a very difficult one for me because of the aforementioned. Thank you Chad, and good luck with whatever your career has in store for you.

3. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

Feel free to move it. I did not see that "appreciation" thread. All I saw were threads bashing Chad..

And KOZ, I am sure your beloved here but some of your responses make you come off sounding like a douchebag. IMHO

Yes men with balls like ken O'Brien had in Gastineau. And we all know how Gastineau and his balls lost us that playoff game in Cleveland years ago.

We don't need balls, we need a freaking defense! We need talent. We need smarts.

Thats the problem with some of you jet fans, you are clueless.

Yes blame Chad because the OL could not protect him and he got hit hard and was injured. Another brilliant poster.

Take away this season losses. Lets make believe we had a defense. Man you guys you truly deserve a miserable team. It's your karma. You bring it on yourselves.

Awesome, a fan that reminds me of me.

The whole freaking D should be benched along with Chad but I don't see you crying about that. Yes Chad is the Anti Christ, remove him and we will be so much better. RIIGHTTT. As I said, WE WILL SEE.

Another true Jet fan, thank you.

I'm sure I just made a few enemies. I really don't care. All you armchair QB's think you know football, but you know squat! I am a little older. I have seen Namath. I was there in 86. And I'm still with this team today. When most of you guys jump the bandwagon and go root for the pats or the colts, I will still be a JET.

4. Pride

Pride New Member

I think if someone was going to jump ship they would have done it already. Me personally I respect chad for everything he has done and recognize his commitment, leadership and great things he has brought to this franchise, but he is not a hall of famer who is at the end of a great line. Unfortunately he gets a lot of the frustration which should be directed towards Mangini for not benching Chad after he proved time and time again he is no where near the 02 Chad or even last years Chad. I wish it didnt have to end this way but thats football.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff on the road against the top D in the league. They aren't playing in that game w/o him and he did get brien into FG range where he missed the first kick by inches.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Ah don't take it personally I was only ripping on you. I'm anti-Chad at this point, and figured that you hadn't seen the other post! March on with my apologies.

I'm not a douchebag, but I did save alot of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

7. Pride

Pride New Member

Once again I admire his heart and toughness and he played a hell of a san diego game. BUt no one ever says anything about the Jets horrible offense that day, we should not have ever been in it if not for moss and reggie tongue

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

In that playoff game at Pitt Chad did everything he needed to do to win it? He played a very solid game. Blaming him for two missed game winning field goals is rediculous.

9. Ryan

Ryan Banned

If Chad did everything he needed to do to win, we would have won. The same goes for Doug Brien. We can't really frame either for losing the game, but we can blame them both for not winning it.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dunno - perhaps you forget the steelers defense that year was top notch. A big part of them going 15-1 that season.

I remember the game being tied with two minutes left and the Jets needing to move the ball some 40 yards to get into FG range. The Pitt crowd was so loud the offense was had to use hand signals because they couldn't hear. Chad made a few beautiful throws and we were in range with a chance to win the game.

He did the same thing in overtime.

On the road with a deafening crowd facing the top defense in the league with time working against us - and Chad guided us to a chance to win. Twice no less.

IMO Chad was not the reason we lost that game. Not even close.

11. Don G

Don G New Member

Good to see some people have their heads on straight. People who are badmouthing Pennington are the reason why I'm sometimes ashamed to be a Jets fan. I love my team but we have such a pitiful fanbase...let's be honest....75% of us suck.

I am truly grateful for what Pennington brought us. I remember the joy in watching him come in during the beginning of his tenure against Kansas City and picking them apart. That was a truly magical year....regardless of how we played in Oakland in the playoffs. That goes down as my favorite year as a Jet fan...this includes our AFC Championship year loss to the Broncos.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree that was a great year. Chad was great when he was healthy.

But I cant personally agree on the last point. I have been a Jets fan for 30 years and the only year I ever genuinely believed we were the best team in the league was the AFC championship loss to Denver.