TGGFFKL 2015 official offseason thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Dec 26, 2014.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well that team went to the championship game the year before you had it so hopefully for your sake you didn't Chip Kelly it.

Of course you got me good this week...I almost couldn't afford to lose with the other two division behemoths both getting off to 3-0's, but it's always something with my team. My keeper RB's have been a joke just like my keeper WR's last year were a joke and Davante Adams has killed me in TWO leagues.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I really liked the Matthews/Kelce trade for him, not as crazy about Russell Wilson for Matt Stafford/Calvin Johnson because it's 6pt td passes but obviously Wilson is young and could become a more prolific passer.

3. NYJFan10

If anyone wants Peyton throw me an offer, it's time to empty the bench and go with a youth movement in the second half.

4. Organized Chaos

I'm so glad I drafted Gurley.

5. Organized Chaos

Billionaire Boys Club: 236 points and his kicker is still going....

6. NYJFan10

240 in a week is pretty remarkable, has to be a record. At least I don't play them till NEXT week lol

7. Organized Chaos

Brees save my team from shitting the bed this week.

8. NYJFan10

Jesus freaking Murray, I really had to sweat out one that looked like a mortal lock this afternoon. At least I'm still alive but I may still need to win 3 of 4 to get in the playoffs again with the way it's working out, I won't be getting in at 7-6 this year.

9. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Gurley owner is playing hard ball =(

10. Organized Chaos

I'd hardly call it hardball. From my point of view, why would I take that offer?

[​IMG]

11. NYJFan10

Hah I was gonna say why would you change anything anyway? Seven wins in a row including beating Cromartie Bunch is pretty darn impressive.

Don't get me wrong now that I'm looking at rosters part of me's curious enough to offer you a WR/Stewart combo for Gurley, not that you'd neccesarily take it - or even that I would do it since I'm a little gunshy about young RB's after Gio and CJ blew up on me the last couple years, and I like my WR core as is compared to last year when my keepers all blew up - but RB's been suprisingly awful for me this year thanks to the Broncos RBBC and Cam still sucking up almost all the goalline work in Carolina.

Plus I still favor in a PPR (philosophy-wise) with 1-2 extra starters at WR building from WR to RB, not the other way around and want to see how my team does now that I 'finally' have a healthy/productive Adams as a Flex. That said I'd probably have been better off if I'd kept Benjamin instead of Stewart and drafted Ingram but I didn't think I needed a starting RB after CJ's second half and wanted to shore up my WR core with young, healthy talent in the draft. I kind of feel you can find RB talent during the season - like I did with CJ last year - but it hasn't been the case this year. Maybe next year I'll draft one earlier but figured I was fine with CJ/Hillman and Stewart.

#71 NYJFan10, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  12. NYJFan10

Thank goodness for defense/kickers otherwise I wouldn't have been able to overcome Peyton's nuclear bomb.

An actual tie showing up between dDay and BBC, doubt it'll stay that way after scoring changes but it'd be kind of hilarious if it did.

#72 NYJFan10, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  13. NYJFan10

Playoff positioning so far going into divisional games:

Division Leaders
    1) Kotite's Revenge (8-2)
    2) Billionaire Boys Club (7-3)
    3) dDay Blitzers (7-3)
    4) The Boss (6-4)

Wild Cards
    5) The Cromartie Bunch (7-3)
    6) Douglas Mean Machine (7-3)

Outside looking in
    New Jersey Swamps (7-3)
    Pocono Mountain MSUJet (6-4)
    Johnny The Jet (5-5)
    ain't easy being green (4-6)
    nyjunc (4-6)
    Australia soxx (3-7) - not in the last group cause they're three games back in division

Wait till next year
    Vinny Greenballs (3-7)
    Avalanche United (3-7)
    The Replacements (2-8)
    Oregon Wicked Wombats (1-9)

#73 NYJFan10, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yeap wait til next year. My team couldn't get it goin. Doesn't help when your top tier QB goes down for the count and you have the 2nd highest points against. Man, I've had bad luck this year - I'm top 3 in points against in all my leagues.

Biggest problem was Jordan Matthews had a hugely disappointing season (mostly thanks to Sam Bradfag) and Wilson didn't give me the boost I hoped, only one passing TD per game and no rushing TD's, I hope Bevel gets fired.

Anyway, someone mentioned before that I Chip Kelly'd my team haha well my record is what it is but the team I took over wasn't going anywhere it was super old and didn't even have any running backs. I have a young core to work with now at least.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Starks, Woodhead, Brown, maybe Romo, on the block. willing to explore other trades also

If anyone is looking for some reinforcements for a playoff run send me a message or make me an offer, draft picks or injured players, whatever

16. NYJFan10

I don't see an option to trade picks anywhere now (it usually is available in the offseason/pre draft), it would make more sense if that stayed active in a keeper league during the season for situations like this...maybe if there was an agreement to trade rounds posted now in the note of the deal/on the board?

#76 NYJFan10, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  17. NYJFan10

Two weeks to go now:

Division Leaders
    1) Kotite's Revenge (8-3) - 2-0 H/H against the other two 8-3 leaders
    2) dDay Blitzers (8-3) - beat Cromartie Bunch H/H
    3) The Cromartie Bunch (8-3)
    4) The Boss (7-4)

Wild Cards
    5) New Jersey Swamps (8-3)
    6) Billionaire Boys Club (7-4) - has H/H tiebreaker over Mean Machine

Outside looking in
    Douglas Mean Machine (7-4)
    Pocono Mountain MSUJet (6-5)
    JohnnyTheJet (6-5)
    ainteasybeingreen (5-6) - can possibly win the Testaverde division with two straight wins and help

Wait till next year
    nyjunc (5-6) - can't win the wild card two games back without the h/h tiebreaker on the 7-4's
    Vinny Greenballs (4-7)
    Avalanche United (3-8)
    Australia soxxx (3-8)
    The Replacements (2-9)
    Oregon Wicked Wombats (1-10)

This is as muddled as I remember ever seeing the playoff picture with two weeks left, basically any of the top seven can finish 1-out of the money since nobody's fully clinched a playoff spot yet. And someone could conceivably finish 10-3 and not get a bye.

#77 NYJFan10, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  18. NYJFan10

Another last week showdown with dDay, only instead of a playoff spot on the line this time it's for the division and #1 seed.

If you told me at 2-3 I'd reel off seven wins in a row with a shot at the #1 overall seed I'd think you had a screw loose, especially with by far the worst QB play in the league.

19. NYJFan10

Final regular season week...nobody 's clinched a division yet and only two teams have clinched playoff spots.

Division Leaders:
    x-1) dDay Blitzers (9-3) - wins Namath division and top seed with win over #5 Swamps (9-3), drops to #5 with a loss
    2) Kotite's Revenge (8-4) - wins O'Brien division and bye with a win over nyjunc (5-7), has to hope for a wild card with a loss based on losing tiebreakers to both division 7-5 teams (Pocono/JTJ) who play each other
    3) The Cromartie Bunch (8-4) - wins Todd division with win over #6 BBC (7-5), also needs a Kotite's Revenge loss for the bye, has to hope for tiebreaker to win wild card with a loss
    4) The Boss (7-5) - wins Testaverde division and #3-4 seed with either a win against soxx (3-9) or a loss by ainteasybeingreen

Wild Cards:
    x-5) New Jersey Swamps (9-3) - wins Namath division and top seed with win over #1 dDay (9-3), stays at #5 with a loss
    6) Billionaire Boys Club (7-5) - listed here but can only make playoffs as division winner with a shot at a bye cause a loss eliminates them on record while a win over #3 Cromartie Bunch (8-4) gives them the Todd division

x-clinched playoff spots

Outside looking in:
    Pocono Mountain MSUJet (7-5) - needs to beat JTJ (7-5) to stay alive and hope for a Kotite's Revenge (8-4) loss to win the O'Brien division, can also win a wild card at 8-5
    Douglas Mean Machine (7-5) - needs to beat Avalanche United (3-9) and hope for an MSUJet loss to get the wild card
    Johnny The Jet (7-5) - needs to beat MSUJet (7-5) to stay alive and have a Kotite's Revenge (8-4) loss to win the O'Brien division, has a slim chance at a wild card if the other two teams in front of him lose instead
    ainteasybeingreen (6-6) - needs a win over OWW (2-10) and a loss by The Boss to win the Testaverde division, can't win a wild card based on record

Wait till next year:
    nyjunc (5-7)
    Vinny Greenballs (5-7)
    Avalanche United (3-9)
    Australia soxxx (3-9)
    The Replacements (3-9)
    Oregon Wicked Wombats (2-10)

#79 NYJFan10, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Organized Chaos likes this.
  20. Organized Chaos

I looked at your record a week or two ago and I was like "Holy shit, he's winning even though Peyton went into the shitter". Pretty impressive.