TGG.com FFKL 2014 official thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Wow, grats on getting Tate off the waiver wire...He's not on the wire in my 10 team leagues....

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I was kind of surprised myself lol, especially that I got him since I wasn't that high in the waiver order.

Not even a huge fan of Tate but I kind of need him around with Brown having a shelf life as the main back and Moreno hurt and probably behind Miller in the pecking order when he gets back. At least Gio's bye is done with so I hopefully won't have to worry about starting a second RB anyway.

3. Organized Chaos

Looks like my team is heading for the shitter this week. Ahh well.

4. NYJFan10

If I'd picked either of the other QB's on the wire I'd already have this locked, but now I have to sweat out Alex Smith getting hurt early or throwing up a Geno/Sanchezian stinkbomb :p

5. NYJFan10

Well Alex Smith trumped them both, 31 points ain't bad for a guy I waiver wired an hour before 1 PM yesterday :)

Too bad Cattle wasn't interested enough to get an NFL CB, I guess that makes him the John Idzik of the league. At least I'm still in a division tie ftm, as half the league seems to be 2-2 now.

6. Organized Chaos

Looks like I am going to lose a fairly close one since none of my starting WRs decided to do anything.

Kind of tough to lose as my division looks like it got a lot better this year. Last year it was just JTJ stomping all of us. Lol

7. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Sorry about the Cattle thing, I'll handle that now.

other strikes in 2014
    Soxx 1
    Oregon 1

Of course strikes can be excused if something came up that kept you away during the week probably like soxx in week 4. I've said it before if you know you are going away I can set the roster for you for the week(s) you'll be gone.

8. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Brees' bye week and my QB puts up 40.7. LOL.

9. NYJFan10

Cruz, Pitta and Moreno all out for the season by Columbus Day, who's next?

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I beat my mortal enemy @soxxx, my season is complete

#30 74, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  11. NYJFan10

Of course I bench Roddy White who's been garbage this season in a brutal matchup, for a hot Ben Tate and his great matchup. Of course that backfires on me.

Organized Chaos likes this.
  12. Organized Chaos

Ben Tate got me in a few leagues this week.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I also benched Roddy White this week, for Reggie Wayne thinking THIS week he breaks out. Nope.

14. NYJFan10

I didn't think even Peyton could bail me out of this one, but he nearly did. Third single-digit point loss.

And my other league where I thought I had my seventh straight win in the bank, instead I lost nearly all of a 60-point lead thanks to Demariyus and Hillman going nuts while Julius had a rare quiet game. Now I'm just six points up there with Foster against Andre Johnson tomorrow.

15. Organized Chaos

Trade trade trade....who wants to trade?

My whole team for an elite QB.

All my WRs and RBs for 1 elite player at those positions.

Hell send me anything. The league seems less active this season.

16. NYJFan10

I just have no ideas period...my 'great' WR core has been a big fat bust other than Benjamin (and my TE's have been the same blehness as last year after losing Pitta). Same for you, I thought your guys would be much better than they've been.

I don't really want to do a problem for problem trade though, what's the point anymore unless I somehow win five in a row. Just sucks wasting another great Peyton year with FOUR single-digit point losses and it doesn't help that every week it seems one of the two teams ahead of me in the division gets to play a dead team and the players they leave out of the lineup prove to be the difference.

17. Organized Chaos

I screwed up my keepers so bad. Floyd, Keenan Allen, Corderalle Patterson and Crabtree have all underperformed expectations. I let go of Maclin and Andre Ellington to keep Crabtree and Floyd. I hate Crabtree too, I just bought into some of the preseason hype.

It sucks what happened to you with Cruz and Pitta. Geo being hurt stinks too. At least you got Kelvin Benjamin though, the guy looks like a beast.

Tight end is such a problem position because the scoring between the top tier guys and the mid tier guys is so large.

That said, I finally pulled off a trade for a top tier QB. I gave up a lot (Gronk) but I feel good about it, I think it will work out for both teams.

18. NYJFan10

I don't really like the trade from your end tbh unless Brees turns back into an elite guy cause they've been serious about running the ball and it's kept his numbers down. I'd rather have a B QB and an A+ TE than an A- QB and ? at TE. Of course now it's obvious you wanted Amaro as more than a bye week fillin for Gronk.

I had a passing thought of offering you the same type of deal with Peyton tbh except I figured with my luck Gronk would get hurt when I got him or needed him most. Plus I still want to take at least one more shot with Peyton next year, though I know time's running out there.

#38 NYJFan10, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  19. Organized Chaos

Most of the people I ran this trade by didn't like it. Here is my reasoning behind it:

The main reason, is for next year. I don't think I'll catch Junc or JTJ this season, and I'm not winning a wild card with my record. That said, I'm open for trades everyone!

Now about the players in the deal:

Regarding Cutler:

Cutler rarely finishes a full season.
    I don't consider Cutler a B QB from season to season. He's more like a QB that ranges from D to B in any given season (if we want to grade him).
    Cutler has never broken 5000 yards.
    I seriously doubt I would have kept Cutler, which means I would have been looking for a QB again next year.
    If you take away that one 4600 season in Denver, Cutler looks like a very mediocre QB:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

All that said, he's in a great offense ,with great weapons. If he's ever going to put it together and join the "Elite" club, it's now. I don't think Cutler will. For fantasy purposes, he reminds me of Eli Manning. He may break into the top five one year, and then fall out of the top 10 the next.

The reason I don't want a QB like that is from looking at all the teams that consistently in this league from year to year, they all seem to have elite QBs. JTJ won last year with Russell Wilson, and he did a heck of a job in doing so. But when I looked at the league history, all the long term success looks like it came from teams with elite QBs rostered.

Regarding Gronk:

Losing Gronk obviously sucks. Gronk could go down as the best receiving TE ever. Like Cutler though, Gronk has missed a lot of playing time in the past, and may in the future. His style of play along with DB's being encouraged to tackle low seems like a recipe for another knee injury for him.

Regarding Brees:,

He's taken a step back as far as touchdowns this season because Ingram is running so well, but Brees is still on pace for 5000 yards. I can't complain about that, and I don't think I'd get that from Cutler. Ingram might not be back with the Saints next year, so the saints might be back to throwing the ball a lot more in the red zone. Also the Saints may upgrade the offensive players around Brees again in the offseason, though it may prove difficult with their cap situation.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the keeper details of this league to me please