TGG; A bit too early but what's your dream off-season looking like as of right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My dream offseason? A certain poster in the Carolinas doesn’t approve of the Jets moves and leaves the board.

2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Wait.... I thought THIS was the off-season and the draft and free agency was the SEASON?!

#22 Wut?, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    The Dark Knight, IDFjet and twown like this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I agree about building an offense and worrying about the D later. Let the D be young, cheap and flawed. Who cares. There will be no pressure to put up 40 a game next year because we're not trying to win games and make the playoffs. We're trying to build an NFL offense. Do not half-ass this process. BUILD THE OFFENSE.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

The only poster I've know around here over the years from the Carolinas is... NCJetsFan. I don't know what you have against him, I've had my disagreements with him over the years but I respect his passion as an NYJ fan and also understand his recent frustration. He brings a lot to this forum because instead of Twitter like one line fillers he'll create sports articles full of paragraphs and I've always appreciated him for that.

Dierking, you're another poster when you're serious; you include a lot of insight with sports knowledge so just wanted to ask, are there any college players you really like outside of Trevor for this year's upcoming draft or any FA'a you'd like to see JD sign?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. I loved JDs first two picks of Becton and Mims during the 1st and 2nd rounds but I was absolutely disgusted when he went Safety Davis and more DEFENSE with Zuniga during our two 3rd round picks when I'm sorry, lol, but he should have been looking to double dip @ both WR and O-Line with those two 3rd round picks and drafting a BACKUP QB in Morgan during the 4th round was CRIMINAL.

I really hope JD doesn't fk up this up coming draft because there are some absolute offensive studs to be selected during our first 4 rounds (all must be on offense following the Trevor pick too).

6. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

How are you getting 3 first round picks this year for the #1 overall?

7. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Fire Gase

Sell team to Jeff Bezos

Cut ticket prices for home games next year by 50%

Spend serious money upgrading entire scouting operation

8. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

We already have 2, trade his ass to Jacksonville and take there 2 first round picks this year. 2 plus 2 is 4

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

No thnx. So now Jacksonville has a Franchise QB and the top QB prospect since Peyton Manning and not our Jets? Heck no!

REVISion likes this.
  10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

do you really think that gives the Jets 4 first round picks?

Attackett likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

The last time the Jets traded out of the #1 pick we missed out on a HOF LT in Orlando Pace.

If the Jets traded out of the 1st pick and Trevor Lawrence becomes a HOF QB? Those extra first round picks wouldn't be worth it because passing on Lawrence would haunt this franchise for 20+ years.

I'm not saying Trevor is a future HOF great but I'm confident he's a Franchise QB because as an FSU fan of the ACC I've never seen a QB this polished with this type of winning record and statistics.

Fans hated Jamal all because we passed on Patrick Mahomes. Who wasn't even projected top 5 let alone #1 overall. I couldn't imagine our fan base if we traded Trevor for an additional 2 picks lol only for his Jaguar's nickname to become LAWRENCEVILLE. Fk no!

We already have a ton of draft picks over the next 3 drafts + A+ cap space currently and Trevor is a prospect you build around, not bless another Franchise with.

I'd love to pair Trevor with a great young RB like Indy did during #18's 2nd year with Edge. I'm in love with Najeee Harris he reminds me so much of former Alabama back Derrick Henry because their style of play is mean and nasty and behind Becton it'll be scary for opposing defenders with both of those animals running down hill on you.

Jets79 likes this.
  12. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

OK. Maybe I don't understand. The Jets have their pick and the Seattle pick. They trade their pick for the 2 Jacksonville picks. That gives them the 2 Jacksonville picks and the Seattle pick. That's 3. Remember, they no longer have their own pick because they traded it. Help me understand.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

JD has acquired a lot of draft picks for the next two drafts. Drafting Lawrence at #1 is a given but we need help on both sides of the ball. He definitely needs improve the OL and get playmakers for Lawrence (WR, RB, TE) but we also need help defensively (edge rusher, secondary). We also have the money to be aggressive in FA. This won't happen overnight but if JD is good at his job then the Jets could be a playoff contender within 2-3 years is my guess.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's how I want the season to end. Go on a tear and steal last PO spot with 9-7 record. Host and beat NE in the wildcard round. Go on road to Buffalo and beat them in the conference game. Travel to Kansas City and beat the Chiefs (again) in the AFCCG. Then, beat Tom Brady and the Bucs in the SB. Then, during our SB parade down 5th ave, announce Adam Gase has been fired!

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

1) Draft TL or Fields
    2) Address IOL or WR with that second first round pick
    3) Sign Thuney (I'm convinced he would have been here last year if the Pats didn't franchise tag him at the last minute)
    4) Sign one of: A Rob, Golladay, Godwin, or JuJu (I don't care which one)

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need help at corner...Most of the posts are about offense but our defense is pretty bad.

Ralebird and The Dark Knight like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Exactly, people want a full ass effort for the offense and disregard the defense completely, even though the defense is equally ranked at the bottom of the list in most categories. I greatly doubt if JD would do that. He is pretty balanced and level headed, and does not give two shits about our dismal draft past history where we went the opposite way, drafting nothing but defense and extremely unsuccessfully with the exception of Jamal. There has to be some long balance in the draft to develop the whole team. We must also further bolster the offense on free agency. But it all starts with good draft picks and a good coach that knows what to do with it. Further more, I believe there is no such thing as a complete no brainer at this point. Even the number one pick might be up for grabs for a king ransom, and the QB selection for the Jets could be someone other than TL.
    The only sure thing better be that Gase is not our coach as we enter the draft, or it is all for not. Never in the recent history of the Jets we have failed this completely and become the most dysfunctional ownership in sports, yes, rapidly surpassing even the NY Knicks.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be awesome, but Robinson is already 28 or soon will be. By the time the Jets are ready to be truly competitive, Robinson will be 30. He could still play well into his 30s, but he could also start getting banged up, and his talent declining. If we sign Robinson that will be great for Lawrence, but I may rather sign Chris Godwin or one of the younger WRs.

With our 2nd 1st round pick, if the Jets are going to take a TE, I'd rather take Freiermuth of Penn St. He's a more complete TE. I think I'd rather take Travis Etienne. Keeping Lawrence and Etienne together would be awesome. Then I could take a very good C/OG prospect with our 1st pick of the 2nd round.

19. NCJetsfan

WOW. That is quite a transformation that you've undergone! Kudos to you.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

I love the emphasis on offense, and mostly agree, but I think it would be a mistake to draft zero defensive players. With all the picks we have, we could take a CB or LB somewhere in the middle rounds. The new DC wouldn't be very happy if we added no new players to the defense.

Fiftynine and LAJet like this.