Tgg 7 Round Mock Draft Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 16, 2009.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Had to go with a guard there after the Chargers lost Goff and Forney is also a FA. Canfield is a guy who I think can step in and start right away.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

3. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Woops, usually Im the one telling people to edit, lol. And you have too as well.

Reading on Martin a little, it seems like hes an awesome athlete who tackles very well, is tough, good range, big hitter. But is also a little old, skinny, a CB/S, possibly injury prone.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

16 picks to go and then I'm up. This is similar to one night ago. Please don't go too fast tomorrow. Let me get on the clock after 5pm eastern time. I really can't send a 16-player draft board to anybody tonight. That's a little too much. Plus, my 3rd round Cardinals pick may be contingent upon the next 16 picks. I'm targeting two specific positions and I'm hoping for certain guys to not be picked before then.

5. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Thanks E :up:

This move would give the Jets a killer secondary

I have Martin starting off as a backup and nickel/dime, but "if he is what we think he is" it won't be long before he is starting along-side Kerry Rhodes to form one of the leagues better units from top to bottom

CB Darrelle Revis
    S Kerry Rhodes
    S Jim Leonhard (Sherrod Martin)
    CB Lito Sheppard
    ==
    S/CB Sherrod Martin
    CB/S Dwight Lowery
    CB Donald Strickland
    S Abram Elam

That is a terrific unit, starters and depth, and all in their 20's

Then if you want to carry a 9th DB we can let Batman Carroll, James Ihedigbo, Drew Coleman and Eric Smith battle for that final spot, but I'm not sure you need to carry nine because Martin and Lowery both give you that CB/S flexibility, so its almost like carrying four DB's (2 CB's and 2 S's) with those two, which means the above eight is almost like carrying ten DB's (5 CB's and 5 S's), which could open up another roster spot elsewhere, perhaps for another young player on the bubble we might really like to keep but would otherwise lose in a numbers game

#365 Jabba the Jet, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  6. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

OBTW

I Just wanted to say you guys are killing me in this mock draft

You guys are doing way too good ... much better than the 3 RD mock we did last month in my view

Last month I felt like I was stealing players left & right, but this time ...

I'm watching all the players I love fly off the board ... bam, bam, bam .. one after another

I mean you guys are not letting anything slide and its really pissing me off :mad:

That's why its taking me like a half hour to make these picks, when last time I was making them in two minutes! :grin:

Just had to get that off my chest :up:

#366 Jabba the Jet, Mar 31, 2009
  7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I have sent my Greenbay & Miami Boards to MrE, Jabba, & DHarris52.

All have received my PM on instructions to forward boards. I appreciate all of these guys helping out, especially Jabba, he's running another mock.

I'll be back in the early evening.

Thanks everyone.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Vision(Denver) has till !0:32 to make their pick.

9. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

GrimRevis how about a PM next time letting me know I'm on the clock?

Just busting balls, it is the format in which we are supposed to follow though.

10. Bvon

Bvon New Member

The Lions got a steal with Williams.

I've seen mocks where he goes in the 1st round or early 2nd.

11. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Yeah, you're telling me. I was really hoping he would slide 4 more spots down to my Vikes.

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I believe they resigned Kynan Forney actually.. But he's probably not a long-term solution there and Canfield could even play RT, which is also a spot they could use help at. A solid pick overall...

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Ok good, so there was no chance he was making it to 96. Bummer. KR is apparently a need for Pitt.

14. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I gave Williams serious consideration, although regarding the mocks having him go late first thats a HUGE reach when you consider who else will be on the board. Futhermore, I think Harris is taylor made for Tampa Bay's cover scheme, and with the loss of Buchanon and the age of Ronde, they need SERIOUS depth at cornerback.

15. Yeah...I went through the "players selected" list like 3 times assuming i'd see his name and never did. Than I got a pm that i was OTC and saw the name and was like "Damnit" not realizing that someone had made the pick for me.

Another guy who is just a flat out "football player". I've managed to add upgrade the OL, add size/talent to the front 7, and now I've added a polished skill player to help Culpepper get the ball downfield. I'm quite pleased w/ how things have gone thus far.

1. Eugene Monroe
    2. Brian Cushing
    3. Robert Ayers
    4. Filli Moala
    5. Derrick Williams

16. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

You sir are having one helluva draft so far.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Hey...Guys....I'm at the office and was able to update the last 5 picks, I'll be around for an 1/2 hour till I have to get on the road...Clients are waiting.

DHarris52...you the man...thanks alot for helping.

#377 WW85, Mar 31, 2009
  18. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

It's hard to have a good draft with two picks. I think Freeman's the pick at 19 though, Jon Gruden's main bugaboo was not developing a young quarterback. Neither McCown nor Johnson is the answer and with a new administration, I think a QB gets drafted. With no second round pick I had to see ALOT of good players i wouldve taken get selected but I'm happy with Harris. His measurables keep him from being a first day pick, but I think he can excel in tampa's scheme.

19. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

You got it bro.

20. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Gents:

I will be stepping out for lunch shortly. I shouldn't be gone more than an hour.

Once Wolfe gets his pick in and I get back, I have the Eagles, Vikings, and Dolphins picks all set to go, so things will get back up to speed quickly.

DH