Texans @ Jets: Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Dec 10, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

but but the weather, his wrs being out….excuses will be made for him…

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I didn't watch actively, I was in and out but they finally figured out to just give Garrett Wilson a bunch of targets

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It would be the perfect Jets season for them to run the table, finish 9-8, but miss the playoffs just so we all have to play the "what if?" game with those games you mentioned all offseason.

Lon Chaney, stinkyB and cval like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well celebrating the win would mean celebrating the performance of the QB everyone loves to hate.

What's a true Jets fan to do?

5. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Well of course, if they win out, they will have discovered how to unlock the talent on the offense. otherwise, how would they have won. That is far more important than sneaking into the playoffs. Not going to happen anyway, but if it did I would be extremely happy. Then you have the ZW question, playing well for 5 straight games...what to do? But, not gonna happen anyway. Long term success for the Jets is all about getting the OL fixed. That wont happen in this season. Maybe through draft and free agency. maybe not. teams don't let good OL players leave. So, if they somehow win out, they do have a foundation to build on, perhaps even including ZW as the QB of the future.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I know right? Weather was certainly bad. Stroud was held to 91 total yards while The Zach Wilson Show threw for over 300 (wow)! I give Hackett a bit of credit for having a pass heavy game plan when the whole world was expecting a run heavy game plan in the wind/rain. Texans seemed unprepared for the ZW onslaught!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When people start throwing out terms like "true fans" they are usually not the hard-core football guys, but the ones that attach their personal value to players and the team. Get over it, people don't like your binky.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Oh please, did I hurt your feelings? Talk about getting over it. You're the one who noted the virtual silence here after as good a win as they've had under Zach Wilson, and yet all those who have been crucifying him and saying he shouldn't even be on an NFL, can't set that aside and enjoy a hell of a game from him and the whole team for fear it will somehow dilute your message. If people were "true fans" they would be happy for the win. Those are the "true fans" who attach personal value to their own opinion.

He - and the team - had a great game. Maybe they'll revert to form next week, but we can at least enjoy this one for a few days.

9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, next time just let G&C post this. This is a trash analysis.

Nyjets4eva, KY Jets Fan and cval like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

D-line - was instrumental in harassing stroud all game and eventually knocked him out after he had the worst game of his career. also shut down the run game as well. Thomas, Q, huff, and mcdonald all had sacks as well

Secondary - reed had what looked like his best game as a jet. He did have the 1 penalty but other then that he was batting balls away left and right. Sauce was lockdown too. the whole secondary gave up nothing and stroud had nowhere to go with the ball

Zach - had probably the best game of his career. he was decisive, accurate, and calm under pressure. this 3rd down conversion to GW was just amazing. he led the offense to 6 scores out of 7 drives in the 2nd half and it was him not a run game or a ton of YAC.

GW - great game by him. was reliable , made all his catches and just looked like a stud out there.

Breece - almost 100 yards receiving on the day. did a great job being the check down guy for zach

Coaching staff - the team could have easily given up. but they were hyped and playing hard. the 2nd half gameplan of letting zach throw worked great. people don't realize how hard it is to not do anything and just hand it off only to be asked to convert a 3rd and long over and over again. ulbrich ran an excellent D as usualy. hackett actually called a good game. the end around to gipson for the TD, hitting cobb on a drag route for a TD quite a few times players were schemed open. eve with a shit o-line and no run game the offense was able to cook

Duds

O-line - The injuries are rough but that wasn't all of it. becton had a rough game too getting beat quote a bit. mitchell was awful. the inside wasn't as bad as the tackles but still not great. tippman was the only one I didn't notice getting beat a lot

Lazard - hasn't caught a ball in a month. had 0 targets yesterday. since his last catch on 11-12 he's had 2 targets 0 catches and 1 benching out of 4 games. Not sure what is up with him but it's been brutal.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Did anyone investigate the possibility that Aaron Rodgers was wearing a Zach Wilson costume yesterday?

12. BrowningNagle

They were 4-8 heading into the game. The muted celebration is more for that reason

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Studs
    Zach for play well and potentially increasing his trade value.

I'm torn on if he should continue to start or if we should fake an injury so he doesn't mess it up. Then we can claim, "he's turned it around - just you wait".

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dalvin Cook belongs on your Dud list... he touched the ball 8 times for 8 lousy yards.
    Morestead had another great game... Zuerlein hit every kick for 12 points.
    Sauce was on fire... and making big-boy tackles.
    Reed was lit as well... DJ & Sauce might be the best cornerback duo in the league right now.
    Izzy was kinda blah on limited touches.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah cook was pretty bad once again. izzy didn't fair much better on his 3 carries. we didn't run much at all. looks like 39 called passes to 33 called runs but we ran it at the end quite a bit to kill time since we had the game won already.

16. BrowningNagle

Abanikanda looks small (thin) out there

Acad23 likes this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I was traveling so didn’t see the game…will watch on Sunday Ticket when I get home

But it looks like Zach had the best game of his career…so can’t wait to see it

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well.

He's listed at 5'11" 215 lbs.

19. BrowningNagle

First year in the NFL its not uncommon to lose weight. Its the first time they had to focus solely on their bodies and he's away from that college dining hall. He could be under 200 out there now, I wouldn't be surprised

20. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

lol - it wasn't meant to be detailed. just delirious about the win!