Teddy Bridgewater to Bronco's for a 6th Round pick

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Leicester Jet, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

One player has deep ties to the organization while the public perception is that the organization did them wrong. Another doesn't.

Bridgewater wants to play? Cool, so do 3,000 other players in the league/trying to get into the league. You're drawing a conclusion that he doesn't want to be a backup so that'd automatically cause an issue with another player.

I'd want Bridgewater here to start the full season. If the plan is a couple games and the rookie goes in, the player doesn't make sense. But I want to see zero extended time of Hoyer ball. Maybe week one.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think you are missing the point. Bridgewater was asking to leave when they got Sam, and Carolina accommodated by paying a huge sum to give him away. This is different for 3,000 other players you are talking about. I also don't think that JD deserves blame for some other teams making a trade as we don't even know if Panthers were ready to pay to give Teddy away at the time. We may have to agree to disagree here.

Where we do agree is we don't want to see Hoyer play at all. Which makes sense, since he would be 3d stringer QB and you don't want to see 3d stringer play a lot. He is there in case of emergency and for some veteran presence. I expect Morgan to start if rookie needs a few weeks and is not quite ready to go. He was drafted mid round as an older rookie and is 24 now. He practiced with the NFL players for a year, sat a year and learned. JD said in a recent presser that he made great progress and looks good, and whether he was BSing or not, that's the time where if he were not a total waste of a pick he should be ready to assume a back-up role.

#22 Borat, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well I think where we fundamentally disagree is whether or not the rookie should play at all - Wilson or other. Given the state of the roster, I prefer that they do not which is why I prefer a more valued starter.

I'm good with Morgan playing though if he's not a Brooks Bollinger level player.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If we still had Sam, I wouldn't mind him warming up the seat for the rookie while also giving him another chance. But now, I am OK with the rookie competing with the likes of Morgan and Hoyer in preseason. JD definitely need to address interior O Line. If he can use draft and CAP room to do it, I would be less hesitant for the rookie to start if not right away then after a few games. Lamar, Tua, Watson, Wentz, Goff, Burrow, Herbert, Baker, Allen all ended up starters in their first year, and if our rookie is what JD thinks he is picking him that high in the draft, he should as well. Mahomes is the only recent high pick I can recall who didn't start all year, because KC had borderline Pro Bowl QB, but that's not really the norm now days.

#24 Borat, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    cval likes this.