Tebow's fans will be his end

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Former teammates from Denver and current ones in NY have anonymously complained about Tebow. And they've kept it "anonymous" because they don't want to take all the crap that the Tebow-maniacs would heap upon them. The more fanatical Tebow fans (the ones who put up billboards calling for Tebow to start in Denver) would probably try to drive those players out of the league if they could find out who they are...

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And what did they complain about ? That Tebow got too much of the credit ? As if that's Tebow's fault ?

The only thing that I have EVER heard of that comes close to accusing Tebow of being a bad teammate was when the other QBs supposedly fined Tebow because he didn't come out and speak against the billboard that was put up telling Fox to bench Orton and start Tebow.

Funny thing is that they appear to have forgotten that when the issue about billboard's was first proposed, back in September, Tebow said this about the matter:

Other than that, all I've ever heard from coaches and teammates (current and former) is that he is a great guy and very likeable, i.e. a plus in the locker room.

But, don't let that color your rather biased view of Tebow.

3. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

His teammates don't think he's any good, though:

But could the Jets win with Tebow as the No. 1 quarterback?

“Do I have to answer that question?” a veteran starter said, shaking his head.

To most of the people in the organization, Tebow is nothing more than a specialty player who doesn’t have the requisite skills to be a true quarterback in the league. “We don’t look at him as a quarterback,” another starter said. “He’s the Wildcat guy.”

And Tebow wasn't even that after asking out of the wildcat.

4. Dennis

Dennis New Member

How about Demaryius Thomas - the reciever for that 80-yd game-winning pass against the Steelers?

Tebow couldn't find open recievers.

He couldn't make the throws.

Teammates were calling him out.

Teammates felt he got credit that belonged to the Defense.

Doesn't sound like he was much liked or respected in the locker room. Is that how players feel about a guy who's a "team player?" I don't think so...

5. Demosthenes9

Again, Tebow did not ask out of the WC. You keep trying to perpetuate that rumor.

As for the quotes, I believe Slauson came out and said his quotes were from back in TC when Tebow first got here. I'd be interested in knowing when the other quotes were from.

6. Demosthenes9

Amazing. Here we are talking about your claim that Tebow was a cancer and not a good teammate, and you're defense is DT saying that Tebow missed open receivers, and that Tebow needs to learn to throw better ?

DT needs to go check his stats from the last 5 games in 2011, the games where he was finally healthy and in game shape. What he would find is that the stats from those games were on par, or perhaps even better than what he did with Manning this year.

I've done the math just to help you and DT out. In the last 5 regular season games, not including the playoff game against Pitt, DT averaged 5 catches per game, for 89.6 yds, an avg of 18.08 ypc, and .6 TDs per game.

When you extend those stats out over a 16 game season, you get 89.6 catches for 1433 yards, an avg of 18.08 ypc with 10 TDs.

His stats in 16 games with Manning ? 94 catches for 1434 yards, and avg of 15.26 yards per catch with 10 TDs.

#146 Demosthenes9, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  7. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

You say that, but you know it's the truth. Just like you admitted that Tebow lied about not picking the Jets, you know he lied about not asking out of the WC. That's what he does, lie to protect his image. You just need to connect the dots.

1. He was the WC QB.
    2. Reports he asked out of WC QB.
    3. He was not the WC QB.

He'd be better off admitting he got frustrated and acted impulsively, rather than do his standard move when things don't go his way and bail on his team and lie about things.

8. Demosthenes9

No, I don't know that it's the truth. As a matter of fact, I'm absolutely certain that its not even close to being the truth.

We can go back through this thread, or maybe it was another one where it was argued, and you can see people saying "Well, he complained about the WC, so that's opting out of it" or something to that effect.

Get it through your head. Complaining about something is not the same as refusing to do it. Like I said in my anecdote, I complained about not getting a job that was promised to me, but that doesn't mean that I refused to continue the job that I currently held. I let them know that I was upset, angry and disappointed. I then went on to continue doing my job.

You seem to not believe that Rex could mistakenly take "I didn't come here to be the WC QB" as "I don't want to do that anymore" or "I won't do that anymore". Even though the statements are not synonymous, I can easily see Rex misunderstanding what was being said.