Tebow's 1st Start as Jets QB1 Poll

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Sep 27, 2012.

?

When will Tebow Start as QB1 for the Jets?

1. Between Week 5-9

26 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Week 10

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Week 11

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Week 12

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Week 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Week 14

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Week 15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Week 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Next Year (2013)

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. Never

65 vote(s)
    63.7%
  1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm voting for two weeks, after Sanchez has a bad first half next week he'll get pulled and that'll be it, especially if 'Tebow magic' shows up in the second half.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

You have to at least wonder . . . the Jets refusal to put Tebow in could also be read as evidence that they are preparing him to start one day. And they don't want it to begin on a disorganized, sour note, with the team feeling Sanchez was unfairly held accountable for the lack of weapons around him.

If Tim was just any old backup, like Mark Brunell, he probably would have finished out that game.

3. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

or it could be read as they just dont think he can play the position any better. that game didnt get out of hand until the 3rd about halfway through ..yet you saw less tebow.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Oh? So in the Mark Brunell example I gave, it would be because Brunell suddenly became better than Sanchez?

Sometimes the backup finishes out a blowout. In case you haven't ever seen that happen, it's usually not accompanied by a belief the backup has suddenly transformed into a better quarterback. It's because he's the backup, and there's no point risking the starter in a blowout.

Which was my whole point -- something to ponder. What you pointed out is the main, obvious scenario. I'm saying it's such an extreme that it can almost be read another way.

5. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

all i know is I thought Kaepernick looked like the bigger threat today.

6. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Hence my statement. yours is tin foil hats and deepthroat. so most likely not the true scenario.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Agreed -- it was a side point to consider.

It's not "tin foil" hat territory, though. It is very, very conventional thought to avoid mid-season QB replacement, even if you think the current guy might need to go. It's majorly disruptive and often doomed to failure.

Example: Fitz is obviously not the answer in Buffalo, but you won't hear too many people saying "May as well start _____. Nothing to lose."

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He's pretty good. He shattered records in college, was drafted pretty early to probably replace Alex Smith. He's working on his mechanics, though. He's so accustomed to that pistol he ran in college that he's having to retrain his footwork and rhythm for NFL style passing.

He's had some really rough outings in preseason, but there's a lot of support for him in SF. I have relatives that are big fans of the Niners.

9. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

sorta sounds like tebow~

10. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Almost as gay? Are you,,,,,,,,,,,twelve?

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He says Tebow is associated with a known "hate group" for doing a Focus on the Family commercial in college (hate group because they oppose gay marriage), then goes around calling stuff "gay" as a derogatory slur.

His political correctness needs a tune up.

12. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

He is the president of his own hate group, and much more than his pc ness needs a tune up.

13. Slap

Slap New Member

Focus on the Family is denounced as a hate group because they had ties to Uganda's "kill the gays" bill and they promote "conversion therapy" as a viable recourse for parents of gay children.

14. TTTTebowAndTheJets

It's funny how similar the agenda and background of slap and phaytal are... very interesting... Their rhetoric is damn near identical.

15. Slap

Slap New Member

You mean the same way you pathetic Tetards are in lockstep with one another?

16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, as compaired to the patheticness of name callers?

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Bump Bump Bump.

Ironically enough, instead of spiraling out of control the offense bounced back against HOU and then looked great against the Colts.

And it's getting cooler in NY. Like I've been saying, nothing would happen before the bye week barring injury

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I think the Colt's game was an illusion which is making the Jets feel themselves right now. It bought Rex and Sanchez some time to hopefully really fix the offense. It's not even about Sanchez, it's more about Shonne Greene that I am not buying the win as a real change. Greene has sucked for eleventy billion years then runs for a bazillion yards. It just seems like an aberration. I wish Greene well though, so I hope for his sake that this is the game that turns his career around. Would be great for the Jets.

Tebow will continue to look like the Jets' court jester, here to entertain us all and provide comedy relief.

One day I'll see Rex Ryan, and I'll grab him by the neck and say, "I know you never had Tebow packages, you lying son of a bitch." Here's how I envision it going...

[​IMG]

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Hopefully Tebow never starts a game, Sanchez is the better QB thus that's the reason he should be the starter. Albeit both he and Tebow sucks but at least Sanchez sucks less.

Plus you guys are missing a key point, Rex has a relationship with Sanchez that John Fox didn't have with Kyle Orton, so it was a lot easier for Fox to pull Orton. Where as with Rex he has a guy in Sanchez that has been his QB since day 1. A guy he has gone to war with, he trusts Sanchez and has a belief in him.

20. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

You broke my heart, Fredo. I've gotta agree with you on this one.