Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yet he was drafted as a QB, won championships and a Heisman as a QB. Has an 8-5 record with a playoff win as an NFL QB. But hey, he's a fullback. Well I guess it isn't hard to be a QB then, if an RB can just get behind center and dominate the position. Hey, let's line up Arian Foster behind center to be the QB then!

2. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

OH PLEASE!!! Dominate the position? He was ranked in the bottom 5 at his position. He didn't dominate shit other than the media. He has a lifetime completion % of 47.3 WHICH IS WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO.

A lifetime QB rating of 75. Wow. The next steve deberg!! Yeah thats a guy you want to be.

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Most Tebow supporters like myself won't argue with you. Sanchez is the better quarterback right now. I hope this season Tim can contribute in the wildcat and take a year to sit and learn, get practice reps, get some game reps and get better. Thats what he needs. Most Tebowites, as we're called, don't really think he's all that right now... we just see the potential. The arguments and fighting come from us defending him from guys who say Tebow sucks, has sucked and always will suck, that he will never improve. I just think thats unfair at this point in his career. I think if he just improves a little as a passer, with everything else he brings to the table, he can be a fantastic NFL QB.

4. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

He's NOT even that. Tebow runs well for a QB but he's never done what's expected of a real RB/HB: run between the tackles, block, catch passes out of the backfield, etc. I really don't think he's going to fool many NFL defenses for very long. If he's in there, he's likely going to throw the ball because he can't run and he can't block. I can't see him "protecting the punter" either. Again, he's simply NOT a good enough blocker, and he'll either get hurt or he'll get the punter hurt. Those are reserve defensive linemen and linebackers they have rushing punts ...

What has Tebow "won" in the NFL exactly?

You've got that backasswards, sweetpea. Tebow won a national championship in college and he won the Heisman Trophy. Then he was drafted as a QB by an NFL team. In the NFL, he's won squat. Don't even attempt to pretend that what he did in college or HS matters one iota now that he's a pro.

Time to rev up the big Case IH to shovel the shit in this thread into the manure pit! Eeeeuuuwwww!

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Pretty bold words considering the fact that you have no freaking idea how well he blocks or how well he actually runs the ball.

Umm, 8 of 13 regular season games and a playoff game ??

Again, the 8 regular season games and 1 playoff game mentioned above.

Dude, you do realize that most the shit that's being shoveled around here is coming from guys like you, don't you ?????

6. Demosthenes9

That would be a "lifetime NFL QB Rating of 75", and btw, I do believe that Mr. #5 draft pick, he's a franchise QB" Mark Sanchez has a lifetime NFL QB Rating of 73.2, which, if you remember your math classes, would be lower than Tebow's lifetime NFL QB Rating of 75.

:)

7. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

But Mark looks prettier throwing than Tebow.... The numbers don't matter.

Tebow has his work cut out for him to take over from Sanchez. I think he preforms well
    enough in his role to gain more time as the year goes on.

If he takes the job it will be next year. As long as Sanchez doesn't get hurt, and I don't
    want that to happen.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Do QB Ratings relate to winning games?

9. Demosthenes9

I guess at some point they do, at least over the long term.

That said, I wasn't the one touting the QB Rating to start with. metsnjets thought it was significant enough to point out Tebow's "low" QB rating, so I decided to point out that it's still higher than Sanchez's :)

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's the great circle of life -- mention Tebow's winning record, get pointed in the direction of stats. Show that Tebow's stats aren't all that bad, relatively speaking, get pointed in the direction of wins.

11. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Stats arent that bad?

Worst completion percentage by a starter in over a decade.
    Led the league in fumbles per games.
    Led the league in 3-and-outs in only 11 regular season games.
    Set an NFL record for consecutive 3-and-outs.
    4th worst in points per game. (Denvers D had a few pick 6s to help this stat out)
    Worst ppg in the first half.
    Worst 3rd down conversion rate.
    Longest sack in NFL history.
    Most turnovers in a single game - twice (Buffalo and Detroit).
    Most pick 6's - in only 11 games.
    The only QB to only complete 2 passes in a game in history.

Nah, his stats weren't that bad... Nice guess though.

12. Demosthenes9

Hell, didn't have to go too far down the list to find a stat that you were wrong about as it's the very first one:

Derek Anderson, 2009, starter for the Cleveland Browns - started the first 8 games and had a comp % of 44.5%.

13. Demosthenes9

Hmmm, really >? Could have sworn that Terry Bradshaw went 2-13 against the Bills in 1982.

Do believe that Joe Namath managed to do it twice.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Nice try. He started 7 games. You are a joke. Regardless, Anderson is better than Tebow.

#194 phaytal, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  15. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Nice job failing to mentioning that Bradshaw was knocked out of that game. Tebow - 2/8 for 69 yards vs KC, against a shit defense. :rofl2:

God damn you're a useless faggot.

#195 phaytal, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  16. phaytal

phaytal New Member

D9, I notice that you ignored the other laundry list of cow pies Tebow dished up:

Led the league in fumbles per games.
    Led the league in 3-and-outs in only 11 regular season games.
    Set an NFL record for consecutive 3-and-outs.
    4th worst in points per game. (Denvers D had a few pick 6s to help this stat out)
    Worst ppg in the first half.
    Worst 3rd down conversion rate.
    Longest sack in NFL history.
    Most turnovers in a single game - twice (Buffalo and Detroit).
    Most pick 6's - in only 11 games.

Gonna dispute those?

17. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

KC was a shit defense? The one who pretty much shut Rodgers down? You little lady also have a fibbing problem, your momma is gonna give you a spanking and beat you like a redheaded step child... Now get in your corner!

Also why are you calling him a useless fag? Oh, never mind you want something from a useful one. 21st century bud, you do not have to hide in the closet anymore. It's excepted.

18. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Bro I do not even like Timmy, but you might possibly be obsessed. I want you to pick up a telephone and call a friend, have them come pick you up and go get checked out. Next thing youll be writing what Tebow is having for dinner outside his house, asking "gonna dispute that?". This must go along with the gay comment. Things are starting to become crystal clear about you now.

19. phaytal

phaytal New Member

[​IMG]

20. phaytal

phaytal New Member

[​IMG]