Tebow Trade Rumors?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BJXX, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Kind of funny, Brian Billick talked about this. Basically, there's different ways to handle a young QB, depending on what your objective is. If you want him to learn/develop, you keep putting him out there and let him make mistakes. Those are learning experiences and will help your QB grow/mature/develop. That's what they did in Jax with Gabbert and Minnesota with Ponder.

IF, however, your objective is to win games, then you "dumb down" the offense and ask your young QB to play mistake free within the confines of that offense. It's an exceedingly short term perspective.

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

That will work if Tebow is the #1 priority. But I'm guessing the rest of the players aren't interrested in on the job training and prefer someone who already has the skillset. The attitudes seemed to light up when Manning was signed, which I thought was kind of odd since the Tebow fanatics had tried to tell me all year that the team was already inspired playing for the kid they always wanted to play for and were already going that extra mile.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Manning inspired a heck of a lot more than Tebow does that is for sure.

so here is a chart for reference

Peyton > Tebow > Orton

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Maybe that the wr u heard. Lol

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If your a future hall of famer I would hope you would inspire more than your average NFL QB.

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Yeah, somehow in every discussion about Tebow, the goalposts get moved around between "not even as good as a high school quarterback" to "not a Hall of Famer."

7. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

As usual, you guys missed the point.

We were sold the idea that the team was ALREADY inspired and LOVED playing for Tebow. They didn't strike me as EVEN MORE inspired when they were already allegedly pretty fired up playing for a great leader.

My point is, aside from a couple of good quotes, I totally disagree that Tebow brought a level of inspiration few could have brought.

You guys cite some comment from champ Bailey that said good things last year... did you catch his quote before the Patriots game a few weeks ago? He said last year the team didn't seem like one that believed they could win.

Why not? We had TEBOW!!!

8. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Here is a copy and paste from the article Concerned Citizen misrepresents (a nice way to say lies about).

Now, Denver cornerback Champ Bailey says, all wishful thinking is out the window -- to the point that the Broncos "know we can win" and think they should, according to CBSlocal.com in Denver.

"I didn't feel like there were 53 guys that thought we could win, and it showed," Bailey said of last year, noting the offseason changes. "Couple of different players here and there. Different coordinator. Different mentality ... different breed of guys going in there."

Link to article; http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/champ-b...his-year-after-coming-up-very-short-in-p.html

Champ says nothing about Tim.

9. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

Champ Bailey was interviewed in April after Tebow was traded. He was asked about Tebow's role with the Jets:

“I think this is a short-term thing,” Bailey said of Tebow. “The guy is going to be a starter at some point, whether here or somewhere else, because he’s going to work to get it done . . . He’s a great competitor. He works hard.

10. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I still love me some Champ Bailey

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...uars-are-making-a/10gtOZBeoEaKXYFyVI1ZAw.cspx

Hmm

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Might be a bad move right now, i can't see him starting in Jax without him knowing the playbook at least this season, if I was Jacksonville, I will make a play for him in the off season if they can't get the number one overall pick. Even if Tebow started for them, they will still suck and play themselves out of a number one overall pick!!!!!

Also it is probably not a realible source, it is unnamed.

#172 Diddy, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  13. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

There are tons of Tebow fans in north Florida area. A mere gesture of trying to acquire Tebow would give those Tebots a little bit hope about this hopeless franchise.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

But they will still suck.

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Hey guys why should we trade tebow when he can just sit on our bench for the next 3 years!

Seriously, if they're not gonna utilize him correctly, there's absolutely no reason why he should still be here.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

If we can get more for him than we gave up for him then why not? He hasn't really been much of a factor, if anything it's been a huge distraction. Only issue is Woody seems to love him so I doubt he green lights anything surrounding a Tebow trade.

17. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Just a rumor, nothing to see here.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Tebow's presence in Jacksonville right now to visit family/friends during Jets bye likely fueled trade speculation. But no talks w/Jags #nyj

#177 JET'S_my_name, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  18. Potzer

Potzer New Member

A yep, fair amount of smoke around this.

We'll see... As some have mentioned will Tebow on the bench sell tickets?

19. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

People will attend Jacksonville games if they trade for him. Tebow is a legend in Jacksonville between Gator fans and the high school team he played for. This would keep the Jags in Jacksonville!