Tebow Time

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jesterjetman, Sep 24, 2012.

1. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

This is true but I was speaking more about his offense, I have no problem with him playing on ST. I should have been clearer.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Really we have nothing to lose? We have a lot to lose we r 2-1 and sitting on top AFC East, so dumb dumb we have a lot to lose.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

big deficits? 10 points and below is not a "big deficits".

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

No, of course not. Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady would've given us a much better chance to win than Mark. Both Mannings ditto. So would Drew and Matts and.... well there are at least 1.5 dozen QBs who would give us a better chance to win.
    Tebow however is not one of them. So given option between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, why, yes, Mark is the one who'd give us a better chance.

Ah, so you're relying on the likes of Cimini, Myers and Fat Mike to give you support. These are the same people who predicted Jets being demolished by the mighty Toronto Bills, just to flip 180 after the game to "Well, it's just Bills". There are pages upon pages here about the amount of BS and bias, lack of integrity and knowledge of those "football insiders". So do yourself a favor and don't cite them to support your theories.

Ultimately the bottom like is very simple. You indeed are the SOJF -- affraid to believe, affraid to hope and ready to run for cover any time something bad happens, just wanting to "shake things up" for the sake of just "doing something". Pathetic.

BTW, you should've saved this earth-shattering topic until after the HOU game. Jets are likely to loose the next two and so your shaking things up would find much more support when we are 2-3 instead of 2-1.

5. Slap

Slap New Member

I love the way you're completely losing it now. You might want to find some other ways to divert your attention instead of the 30-40 Tim Tebow posts you spread across the internet every day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

he says as he promotes the same thing:breakdance:

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I have to be well over 50 a day...just saying...

Oh and by the way....

[​IMG]

8. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yeah CowboysFan! Have you noticed how some posters are excusing Sanchez cuz he's only played 4 years, then claim Tebow can't be a starter on the basis of 3/4 of a season starting for the Broncos? And how about the dumbasses who complain Tebow isn't contributing to the Jets at all? It's like some folks don't realize that Tebow is following coach's orders. If you think it disrupts Sanchez's rhythm to stick Tebow in a couple times a game, you can see that Tebow has no chance to get into a rhythm at all.

I think Sanchez should be the starter right now, but for Pete's sake let Tebow be the backup and learn.

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

It's clear which of this thread's commenters are more interesting in trashing Tim, being cute, or being disruptive over contributing to the conversation by using facts and reason. It's been my impression that reasonable people will neither stop or change them.

10. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

funny. the only "facts" you accept are your own. There are well reasoned arguments had on this forum, even in the tebow section. just because you refuse to accept the facts, doesnt make them any less true.

When someone points out the facts, you go full rometard ...err retard err dumbass and completely gloss over the relevant points.

Fact: out of 32 teams with starting qb's Tebow was ranked 27th
    Fact: out of 32 teams the Tebow lead broncos were 30th in scoring points.
    Fact: out of 32 teams in the nfl the tebow lead broncos lead the league in 3-outs.
    Fact: out of all of tebwos wins only ONE came against a winning team.
    Fact: when the broncos won they had to keep the opposition under an average of 17pts because Tebow couldn't manage to lead his team to more than 16p per game.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Fact: Out of 32 teams in the NFL, only 12 teams make it to the playoffs
    Fact: The Denver Broncos, led by Tim Tebow, were one of those that made it.
    Fact: Of the 8 teams that played in the first round, only 4 of them advanced.
    Fact: The Denver Broncos, led by Tim Tebow were one of those 4 teams.
    Fact: The Denver Broncos, led by Tim Tebow beat the Defending AFC Champions.
    Fact: The Denver Broncos, led by Tim Tebow, beat the #1 pass defense in the NFL by PASSING THE BALL.

Oh, lastly, just for kicks:

Fact: The Denver Broncos, led by Tim Tebow, beat the Raiders by a score of 38–24, the Minnesota Vikings by a score of W 35–32, and the Pittsburgh Steelers by a score of 29-23.

Oh, yet one more little fact:

Fact: Tim Tebow managed to accomplish all of the above with fewer than 16 starts under his belt and without benefit of getting starting reps in OTAs and the preseason/training camp.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I just can't cotton to the idea that no matter what anger the Tebow fans see towards Tim, they can't get over it and really focus on the actual team aspect of the game.

Even the smart ones.

I know you're here to follow Tim Tebow, so I know I should accept this concept, but I just don't get the idolatry involved in it.

Maybe someday I will, but I'd prefer Tebow to be traded before that day.

#52 abyzmul, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  13. Demosthenes9

Ummm, was this post directed at me ?

14. abyzmul

Sort of, but I realized my error. The edit is better than the misunderstanding.

15. Demosthenes9

It's not idolatry towards Tebow, rather, it's a more serious character flaw on my part. Somewhere along the way in life, I've developed a tendency of defending those I believe are being wrongly attacked, especially if the attacks are rather ignorant.

For example, even though you and I rarely see eye to eye, if someone came in here and said that you were a total frakking moron, I'd take them to task for it and point out to them that you are actually very intelligent, just somewhat delusional at certain times :)

16. abyzmul

Thanks for the compliment! Vision is often mistaken for delusion. :)

You know I like Tebow. We've discussed this.

Here is my problem with the idea that Tebow is unfairly persecuted: he is revered almost everywhere.

There are very few places you will find that hate towards him. Last year, on Broncos message boards. This year, on Jets message boards. Both sort of microcosmic universes.

Why does this come off as unfairly attacked? Is it just because somewhere, anywhere, someone doesn't believe in Tim Tebow?

Guess what? Football fans want their teams to succeed, and judging by the success of dominant teams in this league, the formula is an offense built around a superior pocket passer. Sometimes that player can scramble, but not often.

Guess what? This will happen everywhere Tebow goes. The problem is that you don't believe it should, ever. And that... that's what I don't understand.

17. Demosthenes9

Abyz, pretty sure we have discussed this before.

I have no problems at all with people criticizing Tebow and for those who are actually objective about it, I usually voice my agreement with them.

For example, he definitely needs to improve on reading defenses and going through progressions.

The problem is that many people rant on about how badly he sucks, and that he'll never be an NFL QB and to support their contention, they mention how poor he is at reading defenses.

Guess what ? Most young QBs in the NFL are bad at reading defenses. Hell, Mark Sanchez has trouble with it now and he's in his 4th year. Eli had troubles well past his third year as well, and he has Peyton and Archie to teach him.

Seriously, it borders on being comical. When discussing Tebow, it's that he's the worst QB ever and won't make it as an NFL QB because he can't read defenses, can't throw with anticipation, can't go through progressions, yada, yada, yada, BUT, if you talk to these same people about a QB like Ponder and point out that he can't really read defenses, doesn't go through progressions very well, doesn't throw with anticipation, they'll point out that he's young, he's only in his second season as a starter. How it takes time for young QBs to develop, that he will get better.

THAT is what I have a problem with. The kid has had a grand total of 16 starts at QB, has a freaking 9-7 record under seriously unfavorable circumstances, and instead of saying "hey, he's young, give him a chance and see what he can do", many here instead say "he sucks, worst QB ever, will never be an NFL QB".

18. abyzmul

You suck, dude, I can't respond to this long-ass post on my phone. Out of revenge, I'm point-by-pointing you.

I believe this. But mainly in terms of people you speak with on a day-to-day basis.

He needs to improve on far more than that, but you enable his inefficiency and inflexibility by promoting a college-style offense being instituted into the NFL. Go ahead and point to RG3 and I will go ahead and point to Cam Newton being summarily destroyed by a strong NFL defensive attack. Cam's Read option in Carolina is far closer than RG3's in Washington. They are using fewer of those plays to help Griffin now.

Many people WHERE??? On a Jets message board? On a Broncos message board? Aside from Casserly and a few other analysts, I haven't seen many analysts courageous enough to abandon the blind belief in the idea that he will someday be able to efficiently throw the ball for an NFL team. Let us be real about the perceived persecution of Tebow.

I think Tebow is actually very good at reading a pre-snap defense. But I also think that he applies it to the run-option of the read-option instinctively before he considers the pass-option.

Discussing it where??? Come on man. Where? I see Tebow everywhere. I can't wear Jets colors walking through my office, in SOUTH TEXAS, the land of the brown people, without some dope asking me when Tebow is going to start over Mark Sanchez. Really?

I have people telling me that Teboww gets it done. Because they saw the highlights. The same people that can't tell me the difference between zone and man coverage, or even the difference between a 3 and 5 step drop.

Guess what? The world is full of morons. Most of them don't understand football. I get most of your arguments, because you are good. I just don't get your mission.

This is sort of understandable, considering the responses you have gotten on this forum, but I am still befuddled about your presence here.

Not that I want you to go. You have a LOT to offer. But... oh, whatever...

...as long as you and Cowboys Fan aren't like Remarker and Backup QB and that It's Time idiot, I'm cool with it.

#58 abyzmul, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Damn Aby, you are making it too easy.

If i mention RG3 or Cam it would only be in the context that Tebow has more wins as a starer in the nfl than both of them COMBINED , in less starts (if you combine them both!) and add a playoff win for Tebow .

#59 CowboysFan, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  20. abyzmul

Demo and I have already discussed the Read Option being used in the Pro's, it's ongoing. It's actually an intelligent discussion, as opposed to that weak post you just made.

:up:

Don't make me bracket you with It's Time and Remarker in the last part of that post. I will. Don't make me do it.