Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

your insight will certainly not be missed if all you have to offer is typical fan insecurity. yes, Sanchez is going to not give a shit and jeopardize his career if this trade falls through.

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

So if the trade doesn't happen, Sanchez will demand a trade to fuck us over? I guess the only thing the FO can do is grant his request then. Then we're really screwed! Drew Stanton FTW!

3. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

typical ny jet ineptitude, I'd like to know how much of a say Rex had in all of this... if this team blows again this year tanny & rex can both go.

4. Nick07

Nick07 New Member

Bronco fan here, Not a Tebow fan and homer.

I personally am not a fan of Tebow and his success is similar to Vince Youngs early success. When you look towards end of the season for the Broncos, Tebow was figured out.

While I think he would be good to sit on the bench for a good franchise like yours it will be a disaster. He is a PR nightmare on what he actually brings to a team. Would be better to have the circus in Jacksonville just to sell tickets for themselves. That 5 million would be worth every penny.

Mcdaniels was a joke for getting him in the first round when he was a project player worth a 4th-5th rounder.

Tebow fans are the reason why this happened and most likely have the same results in New York if deal goes through. I really can not wait for the Tebow fans to leave our boards and they did for a second there.

I am a NFL draft fanatic and follow players in college a bit. Tebow never had to go through any progressions at Florida and was on look run offense under Myer. He has very slowly progressed since being drafted and keeps reverting to old habits.

It has to be tough for Elway to get rid of Tebow because he is a good guy overall, just not an NFL QB BUT this is business.

This is just a relief to have Tebow leave the Broncos and "true" Bronco fans... Would have to agree. Not because he can't be good under the right help sitting on the bench BUT getting rid of the circus and insane media attention of this for us will be over.

lol only reason I see how the Pat's had interest before is if the interest was to have him go to you guys ;) j/k

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

It makes sense for the Jaguars because I forgot how desperate they are to sell tickets. Tebow back in Florida is a cash cow for them. For us with little cap room and playing in a big market it makes no sense to even consider paying 5 million. Looks more like Denver trying to pull a fast one then Tannenbaum not reading a contract.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Its very possible that Woody was behind this trade and told Tanny to pull it off. This is more of a marketing ploy than an attempt at upgrading the QB position. I've already mentioned why our 2013 cap situation is not the greatest. Tebow's 2013 salary jumps to like $7mil. It makes no sense to me. This trade has Woody written all over it, regardless of what Tanny says.

7. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

nah,,, Jets are committed at this point.....pay the $5 million. Tebow will start....let Sanchez find a new home.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

For those looking to blame Tanny....

Per Schefter

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The thing that bothers me the most is how stupid this organization looks.
    How the hell do you NOT read the contract before agreeing to it?

10. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

source?

11. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

same here, let this deal die

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, the sunny side of this may be that if this does die on the vine and Tannenbaum doesn't get fired on the spot then you have to think he will attempt to pull off some block buster in order to get people to forget what a fool he really is.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Couldn't agree more. Its a shame Tebow is so determined to play QB as he is one hell of a football player. If he wanted to play HB or TE he would be good maybe even great. Id love for him to play HB for the Jets. He is tough as nails and just punishes people and there is always the chance he could thrown a pass which keeps safeties honest.

I want absolutely nothing to do with him playing QB though.

14. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see how the clause actually reads.

It could be that the Jets read the clause, and had a different interpretation than Denver has.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

16. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

They probably do not have access to the contract until it is agreed in principal. You can blame them for announcing it, and whoever did should be held accountable, but you cannot fault them until you hear the Jets side of it. Only Denver is talking right now.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I blame Tanny for making a stupid trade BEFORE this clause popped up. The clause saved his ass from making a dumb trade.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I want to know how common these types of clauses are in NFL contracts.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Nice post and Welcome aboard :beer:
    Well except that part. In NY that shit isn't going to fly...
    Yeah, the media is going to run with it and he will be a lightning rod for the backpages but it takes but a New York Minute to have all his bullshit fall apart.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Look at the post literally right above yours. No one agreed to anything. If they did then Tebow would already be a Jet.