Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree. Schefter is saying the Jags are reconsidering paying it though, which is why they are back in. I guess Tebow would equal much needed sellouts for the Jags, so maybe $5 million is worth it to them. It makes no sense for the Jets.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Unless the Broncos were upfront to the Jags BEFORE talking about the deal...

It seems in your case, Denver bought it up AFTER the deal was done...

3. JetsBigD

JetsBigD Member

in that case - looks like the Jets are clearly at fault. Because the Jets assumed the contract, they "step into the shoes" of the original party. Because the Broncos advanced part of the salary, it is essentially a liability that is owed to Denver and is carried with the contract. They should have immediately noticed this.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Thank you!

And FUCK OFF all you Tanny haters. Go die in a fire for your goddamn overreaction. The man makes a living reading and writing these fucking contracts. The man invented new contracts (poison pill anyone?). Shame on you.

And this Tebow trade, who is to say Woody wasn't breathing down his neck? Tebow is worth millions of dollars for the owner. Its all business.

5. deathstar

The Jags sell out and haven't had a black out in a while...

(They do put up those tarps to lower the max. attendance)

6. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

Tanny and Rex are beginning to really test my patience. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, but this just doesn't make sense. Is the Wildcat worth 4th & 6th round, plus all the questionings by the players in the locker room that can divide the team?

I love Tebow. I hope he wins. But he is not what the Jets need.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

:rofl2:

POTD!!!!

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He had a clause in his deal that if he reached certain levels it automatically meant that Denver would make him an ADVANCE of his 2012, 13 and 14 salaries. This clause happened last year and he was advanced 6.2 million. 1.2 million was for last year's salary and is not in play. the other 5 million for 2012, 2013 and 2014 is. There is a standard recapture clause in his contract that says if he is traded then Denver is entitled to get that money back (it seems fair to me). Denver wants it back but that also mean the Jets do not have to pay that five million to Tebow because he has already received it and if the Jets turn around and trade him they would also be entitled to get that money back from whomever they trade him to.

I don't see any issue unless their is a cap issue caused by this and there may be. It might mean that instead of 1 million this year it's 2+, same with 13 and 14.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

WTF??!! Clowns.

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Well, that's at least two people that won't be happy if this falls through...

11. deathstar

And I thought Ireland was an idiot...

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Ha!

Looks like I was Right about this!!!

13. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Tebow can't complete anything

14. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

This is the only post I am going to make about Tebow. I was not in favor of this trade when it supposedly was a "deal". Now that so much is up in the air I will be pissed if this deal doesn't go through for a few reasons. If I'm Sanchez I will perform better if Tebow is brought here, if the trade doesnt pan out then Sanchez has to be thinking wow they just tried to replace me with a guy who cant throw a football, therefore making Sanchez not give a shit leading to even more turmoil than we had last year. I think the positives outweight the negatives in this scenario.

Positives: Light a fire under Sanchez's ass, true leader in the locker room, someone who is positive in general and you know will never quit, assuming cap numbers dont change we're getting him on the cheap. high character. you know he will never complain or be pissy because he's not the starter

Negatives: will never be a true NFL qb. too many other holes to fill right now (safety, pass rusher, WR, RB), so we could use extra draft picks. our team will be in the spotlight the entire season.

With that said if this falls through, if I'm Sanchez I would demand a trade to fuck us over because a backseat to Peyton Manning I understand, but Tebow? def not.

15. deathstar

You get a grace period before the deal is official...

During that time, you get to fully understand the contract and all of its language...

The Jets lawyers were obviously going to read the entire contract...So I don't fault your GM...

Elway was being a sleezeball...

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Tebow would not come here to be a QB unless Rex Ryan is a bigger moron than I thought he was.

17. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

Sounds more like the wording in the contract was unclear. I doubt people who get paid thousands of dollars to look over contracts missed a sentence that said you have to also pay 5 millions dollars. If the Jets do get Tebow and have a shitty season, at least it will be an entertaining one, unlike last year.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There are other issues associated with the $5.1 million as well. The Jets may very well have set a budget for cash outlays this offseason and be approaching the figure at this point. It's easy to think of the NFL as a gigantic cash cow that just moos money at the teams constantly but the odds are pretty good that $5 million is a real number for teams anyway.

Tannenbaum may not have the ok to lay out that kind of cash for a trade right now.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well I overreacted about Tanny, but at least I didn't go buy a Tebow jersey. :grin:

Still disagree with this trade because of the price and sideshow it brings. It's good if this fails for us in my opinion. More I tihnk about it, more I think Woody more than Rex/Tanny was behind this.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That's exactly why this team blows. The owner thinks side shows will bring in more money than winning. It's a circus, nothing more.