Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That is certainly a possibility and could very well happen. But the FO and Woody shouldn't let what the media and fans might do dictate football decistions. The CS and Sanchez shouldn't be listening to what the fairweather fans in the stands and media might or might be saying. If they are they don't have the balls to be working in NY to begin with.

Like I said though it all depends on the price. If it is cheap enough and the CS thinks it will help the team, I can live with it. This is coming from someone who despises Tebow.

2. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Not saying i would want tebow here or that hes a good fit (since i think it might distract sanchez)but hes not nearly as inaccurate as people are making him out to be. If im not mistaken isnt he the most accurate passer in sec history. Im pretty sure that game winning pass against pitt found its mark. Trying to judge his accuracy based on last year is impossible (shouldnt even of used the pitt play). He had no tc and they traded the teams number one wr right before hes started playing. I watched a couple of there games and he easily could of gone from 50% to 65 % passing just from drops alone. People talk like guy couldnt hit a standing still target because every bad pass he throws becomes bullets against him.

3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

The good thing about Tebow is that if he misses a pass its only where his receiver can get it. Cant say that about Sanchez though

4. Martin is the man

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The FO and Woody should be looking at doing fundamentally sound things to improve the Jets talent. Acquiring Tebow is not fundamentally sound because his goal (playing QB) is not realistic in the NFL given his skill sets.

Acquiring him to be a wildcat QB is not fundamentally sound because NY being what it is the noise level is going to force the Jets to put Tebow at QB not in the wildcat as soon as something goes wrong with the offense.

It's not fundamentally sound because if there was ever a locker room ready to split before a season began it's the Jets locker room going into next year.

It's just not a fundamentally sound move and the Jets get burned even when they make moves that seem ok on the surface. They get torched in unholy flames when they do things like this.

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Too much drama....just too much.

7. milo

milo Well-Known Member

So you don't want to see this 200 days a year?

[​IMG]

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

You hit the nail right on the head. THis is wrong for so many reasons.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

said this 3 pages ago.

But also, Tebow is a polarizing character. So even though the intentions would be to bring in a golden boy to aid moral and media relations Tebow would effectively act as a cancer.

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I am 100% behind getting Tebow. I can't stand Tebow, Tebowing, Tebowmania and all that crap. I hate how he prays for 5 minutes everytime he completes a pass and how people treat him like the damn messiah.

I can certainly understand people's reservations and how it could go wrong. However, I can also see that he is talented and has a specific skill set. If the CS can actually make it work, I can definitely see him helping the team. The bottom line for me is the price. If it is cheap enough, it might be worth the risk.

11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Where is the evidence of Tebow being a cancer on his team???? Please. They loved him last season.

Meanwhile, Sanchez COMPLETELY DIVIDED the lockerroom. The coaches coddled him, made him captain and called him Sanchize even though he had not earned it with his play. Look at the way the team ripped him. D. Woody ripped him. Kris Jenkins, the nicest 330 lb brother you'll meet, ripped Sanchez. Obviously Holmes hates him.

Fans needs to remember the last season accurately. Sanchez completely polarized the team and destroyed chemistry.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I think you are misinterpreting what he is saying. Tebow won't divide the team or city HIMSELF, WILLINGLY. But, the very second Sanchez has a bad game, there will be a media and fan outcry for Tebow. In that sense, he is a cancer.

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

That is a very valid point. But the fact of the matter is the same thing is going to happen with Stanton regardless. So is Stanton a cancer too?

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

So true.
    I guess we are going to see if Woody's priority is winning or selling tickets?

I'm pretty sure we already know the answer to that?

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

No offense but that theory will go straight out the window the second Tebow scores a touchdown out of the wildcat.

As Sanchez has said himself - to make the criticism and the "circus" go away all they need to do is win.

If the Jets are losing the circus atmosphere will remain with or without Tebow.

16. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I don't think its fair to compare Tebowmania to Stanton-no-mania. I highly doubt the media or fans will be demanding for Stanton to start.

17. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Thar ya go.

18. Tarzanboy

Tarzanboy Member

Damn...I'm definitely in the minority here...but I want Tebow bad...if nothing else he pushes Sanchez to work hard...No one works harder than Tebow...if the Wildcat works...look out. We currently have no decent RB...this is a no lose for us. Denver is only looking for a fourth or fifth round pick

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They don't care about fundamentals, they care about winning now and everything they have done for the last 4 years has that and only that in mind. Probably even more important now that the Giants have won again.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah and D Woody is going on record saying the Jets shouldn't trade for Tebow. So what gives?

Also, obviously Holmes doesn't hate him as they've been in communicae all offseason and have squashed the beef.