Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Funny how you got crucified about 1 day ago for posting this and now the whole world seems to have gotten in line behind ya!!!!

someone owes Rockland an apology

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Completely aware of this.

1) Tebow considers himself a starting QB.
    2) Even if the Jets have him on the roster as another position, the fans will relentlessly call for him to play QB the minute Mark throws 1 pick.
    3) Cannot emphasize this enough, the fans will relentlessly call for Tebow and alienate Sanchez further.

So back to my original point, who's going to fix his QB mechanics?

If the team needs a minister for motivation, they don't need Tebow, they can call the guy the Giants used with the poker chips.

#643 GQMartin, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Oh, and Brad Smith's role was MINIMAL until he started returning kicks.

So, to me, this means they just want Tebow for the "Tebow Brand" not the player.

Tebow's positive presence ironically will be a cancer to the Jets because just him being in the room will lead to endless questions from the media.

(I also really like the Tebow brand too but I don't see him fitting here.)

#644 GQMartin, Mar 21, 2012
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

That's is exactly what this is about.
    If Tebow were brought here it would be only for the reason of selling PSLs and stealing the back page of the newspapers from the Giants.

6. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

We can go 16-0 next year. Fans will still want Mark's head and.Tebow to start. Do they think he religion will convince hart/pace/holmes to restructure ?

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

More than a few folks do.

8. Skagerrak

Skagerrak New Member

I don't see Tebow taking over Brad Smith's role, they are two different types of players. Smith used his speed to be effective. Tebow is not that fast. He's shifty, he had a great shuttle time at the combine, but to really get run yards out of him you need the defense to really think he's going to pass. It's the confusion that made it work for him in Denver. I don't see how just bringing him in for a play or two will help. His game is the misdirection that can only happen when he's in there for play after play.

Plus, as we learned first hand, he really works when he's been in the whole game and has had a chance to wear down the defense. That's when his lack of elite speed is not a hindrance.

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I hate Tebow, and I will be pissed if the Jets get this chump.

10. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Motivating Sanchez might be a big factor. There is no other QB on the roster to challenge Sanchez and his new 'deal'. This would be a situation where Sanchez knows he will be challenged for fan support if he slacks off again. Some Jets fans are concerned about this, but nothing else has worked to cause Sanchez to play consistently. However, in the end I think the Jaguars will be squeased to offer more than the Jets are willing/able to pay. FL is where Tebow wants to play, and Elway will be motivated to appease Tebow fans by helping him get back 'home' after he was wedged out of Denver. The Jags / Denver might get creative and settle on a player in return for Tebow.

EDIT: The X-factor for the Jets is how much Tebow/league office values his presence in the media capital of the world. The league must enjoy the balance he provides in the 'good vs. bad' image issues that confront the NFL.

#650 Hooterdawg, Mar 21, 2012
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Tebow would be a positive for the Jets because he'd be another weapon at their disposal - one that they would use frequently. He fits the mantra of ground and pound perfectly.

Brad Smith showed that you don't need to be the starting QB or even in the QB lineup to have a strong positive affect out of that position. I believe that's exactly how Tebow will play into it. Tebow won't return kicks or play receiver like Smith did, but then again Tebow is also not getting paid what Smith is now getting paid in Buffalo.

As far as Tebow the QB is concerned, you have to believe if he comes in the depth chart goes:

1) Sanchez
    2) Stanton
    3) McElroy
    4) Tebow

If he rises above that level then I'm sure he'll have earned it. The theory about making a move for Tebow as a PR move is nice and all - but making it to the Super Bowl is an even better PR move and I doubt they'll needlessly field Tebow at QB if it doesn't help the cause of winning the Super Bowl.

I do agree with those saying that a third round pick is too high though. I can't imagine they spend any more than a fifth and/or Bart Scott to make this trade happen. A third is too much.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

A 4th from the JETS is fair, however, I see some other team going as high as a 2. For the JETS a 4th round pick is worth it. Sporano can run the wild cat with him as a change of pace. We all know hes not going to start over Sanchez, ever.

13. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Elway said he will put Tebow in the best position to further his career.

That's not here. Media frenzy, gimmick player.

Elway will tell Jax that the Jets offered this and this, so what do you got to get your man?

He will squeeze the best offer out of them, and send Tebow to his hometown where people were cramping up hoping they draft him in the '10 draft. And he will compete and win the competition with Gabbert, and probably win games doing his weird immaculate conception offense. He can be a hometown hero there, and a big city attraction here.

I don't believe Elway will be a prick to the anointed one twice in one week.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

For this to work, Tebow would have to throw more than run out of the wild cat.

Because if you are using Tebow only in Wildcat situations, you are telegraphing what your are doing.

But ultimately, if you have to use Tebow to throw to get the run to work, then why bother with him as a back up QB? You might as well start him and dump Sanchez.

That's why having Tebow will not work in any way.

#654 GQMartin, Mar 21, 2012
  15. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed!

With Tebow in the flim room and weight room all day long, it would push Mark to be there too. If it doesn't motivate Mark, then he isn't tough or smart enough to be the starting QB and should sit.

This is the NFL, and I don't care about his feelings or fragile ego. If we get Tebow and Mark whines like a little beotch, he better be looking over his shoulder.

Tebow would be good for this team on many levels, and even at a 3rd round pick he would be good, plus come later in the year when some young QB proves ineffective or a couple QBs get hurt, we will easily get back our investment.

Maybe Tebow would help Mark grow a pair, no one have taken more bashing than Tebow and he always stays a profession.

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

From all accounts off-field work was never an issue for Sanchez.

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Please do not get Tebow. He will set this franchise back 5 years...

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Please explain.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

As if this team doesn't have enough media circus drama....... NO! FOR THE LOVE OF REVIS, PLEASE NO!

btw, I live in Tebow Country and if you think the hype is bad from what you see on TV, it's tenfold.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I highly doubt anyone is trading a 2nd round pick for this guy. A 4th would be too high for us IMO.