Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Ya God forbid you take Mark Sanchez off the field for a couple of snaps a game. Those passes to the defensive linemen are way too valuable.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The problem with Tebow is not his football skills or leadership. Thats not glowing preaise of his ability to play QB though. He's A circus all by himself. He is the Tim Tebow brand and bringing him in to sit on the sidelines or be a part time player will not work. Not with the NY media the way it is. It would be a constant distraction the the guys in the locker room.

He's far away from running a NFL style offense. Sure you could go the route denver did and tailor an offense to him, but that only worked becasue Denver had a top 3 defense to go with it. It was ugly more often than not. He would be a great fit in Miami where the fan base is ready to kill the owner/GM or in Jacksonville that needs to sell tickets.

3. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Oh God..... And i dont mean that in a "Tebow is God" kind of way....

I mean that in a "Oh God what the hell did you smoke this morning" kind of way... well whatever it is, give me some please

4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

what does "good with a headset" mean? I ask because while the #1 knock on tebow is his horrific throwing mechanics the #1A knock on him is that he has no idea how to read a defense. If his #1 option wasn't open last year he ran. So what exactly would he be contributing with a headset on?

"RUN, MARK...RUN"

If i wanted somebody to wear the headset i'd much rather have mcelroy, brunell...hell pennington would be awesome "wearing a headset" and all of them would be as good or better than tebow if they had to play.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Trade for Tebow? The Jets already have a franchise player at Tebow's position they're not ready to give up on...John Conner.

In all seriousness, it would be fun to see Tebow run a true ground and pound for the Jets. I'm not willing to give up on Sanchez yet though.

Only way the Jets would take him is as a gadget player/inside the 20 QB or project at another position. Does he play tackle?

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I actually disagree. The last thing the Jets need to win in 2012 is divisiveness or distractions. Tebow brings both ESPECIALLY if he's just used as...

Tebow is like the NFL's version of crack cocaine. The more you use him the more overwhelming Tebowmania becomes. After his first 2 yard run fans and sports personalities everywhere would be calling for Tebow to supplant Sanchez as the starter.

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

If the Jets traded for Tebow, we could spend the entire off-season praying instead of bitching.

8. Organized Chaos

"don't fumble, mark...don't fumble. Hail mary full of grace....wait what...why did you chuck it into double coverage? No i was just saying the prayer, not telling you to throw a hail mary. God bless you mark"

9. Organized Chaos

Best non-starting destination for Tebow is Carolina, he fits what they're doing with Cam...except of course he can't throw as well as Cam. lol

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I was waiting for some assclown to post this...

GTFO

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

This would be a horrendous, horrendous move and is a horrendous, horrendous idea.

12. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

ROTFLMAO! The Tebowbots are invading team MBs everywhere!

13. bhav2k1

bhav2k1 Member

only if he can play safety and start over eric smith

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I agree with all the posters who said Tebow needs to go to the team where he will be a starter or under a veteran QB. Can you imagine what would happen if Sanchez has a bad game and all the Tebow fans in addition to the newer Jets fans in addition to the media start calling for Tebow? The media would force feed Tebow should be starter into anything and it would create a battle for QB that shouldn't be there. If Tebow would accept just being Brad Smith, and not a 2nd or 3rd string QB, sure.

Maybe get Tebow to convert him to a OLB or FS?? (just kidding)

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I completely understand the media hype that would come with it, thats why I stated Im not exactly for it. But from a football stand point I wouldnt mind having him add a new element to our offense on certain downs. Certainly not replace Mark by any means, but he'd definitely be dominant in that Brad Smith like wildcat role.

16. JohnnyThaJet

As a signal caller, thats what "good with a headset" is intending. There is a difference between reading a defense on the field and reading a defense on the side line. He would assist Mark in signal calls just like many other backups do.

But lets not just single out that one thing, there is no questioning he'd be able to bring a whole new element to our team (wildcat wise) on offense. Also, dont forget how great of a vocal leader he is, even if he is not leading he can certainly inspire a team, thats something many players just dont possess. If there was no hype attached to him Id be very much for trading a later round pick for his services but unfortunately there is. And this is coming from someone who HATED the Tebow shit last season.

17. JohnnyThaJet

Like I have said previously in this thread Id want him as a backup to play in wildcat roles only, he'd be very valuable at that. Why cant Tebowmania grow? As long as he's a limited play maker. If Sanchez improves much more, him and Tebow would be a very rare and deadly combination.

I will be saying this over and over again in this thread, he isnt someone I am dying for and I am not campaigning for his services what so ever but its not a bad idea.

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Unless he can play TE, do.not.want.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Brad Smith was useful because he was a great special teamer, good out of Wildcat, and a decent receiver. Tebow may be good out of Wildcat, but that's it. Not worth giving up any assets for that, especially considering the circus that would ensue.

Do we even need that Wildcat role? Most people hated it, and that was with Smith running for a ridiculous YPC out of it. I doubt Tebow can be that good out of it because Smith was quicker. There may be more of a pass threat, but not by much.

20. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

where are all the people who were clamoring for a decent backup to "light a fire under mark's ass?"

THIS IS THE THREAD FOR YOU GUYS. RISE UP!

TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW!