Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Here is the MAIN ISSUES that people around me don't get. They keep thinking I hate Tebow or something. The truth is this:

1. Tebow does not fit with the Jets. Last thing Sanchez needed was another QB who is bringing all these crazy fans to town. Sanchez needs support to grow. Not this clown.

2. Tebow could have a decent career as a back up/wild cat QB. He could have gained great experience and knowledge from Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or a team with a QB like them where no controversy would occur.

3. The Jets don't need to run the Wild Cat. Definitely not 20 times a game. Sanchez has to get into a rhythm. And when he is out of rhythm he has to play himself back into it. Not sit on the bench and see if Tebow can spark the team.

Just has disaster written all over it.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

So no alcohol at the TGG tailgate this year? Did I hear this right?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yesterday I was wearing a Jets shirt, like I normally would and some dick at the convenient stored yelled "TEBOW TIME" at me. I wanted to punch him in the throat.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Woody obviously has not reacted well to the combo of the Jets late season fade, missing the playoffs, and the Giants winning the SB. He feels the pressure, and apparently makes even more stupid moves under pressure.

The Tebow signing did not address a team need, and made addressing those very real needs more difficult. It can only be understood in non-football terms.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Didn't he react the exact same way with the Farve signing years ago? If this is how Woody is gonna react everytime the Jets shit the bed (and the giants winning the SB), we're in for a world of hurt down the road.

#4205 Cman68, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. Big Blocker

Excellent post. Those touting the benefits of changing it up with two Qb's in the mix totally ignore the lack of rhythm such an approach necessarily entails.

One thing, though, is I am pretty sure, sure as one can be given the hype and BS coming out of Jetland, that Tebow thinks he's in the right place because he thinks he has an excelent chance of replacing Sanchez.

7. Big Blocker

There are certainly similarities, but at least Favre is a real NFL Qb. That move was a million times better than this one.

But yes, the reach for a big publicity move to put the Jets back in the limelight, even if it's a shitty limelight, is very much part of Woody's approach, then and now.

8. LGENF

LGENF Banned

didn't the Favre signing work until he tore his bicep?

I seem to remember the Jets doing very well under Favre until he got hurt and refused to sit and heal and let his own ego get in the way, but up to that point which was like week 11 or something, what was the record

oh yeah, that's right, the Jets went 4-12 in 2007, and then signed Favre and went 8-3 and were in first place in the division.

Now in the end it did not work, but that was because he got hurt and would not come out or give up the role as starter

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Correct. And I believe you can no longer swear within 100 yards of MetLife Stadium.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There's was one big difference..... the JETS had a stronger team that year, aside from one important piece, the most important one. The thought that a 3-time mvp & SB MVP could be the missing link the move through the post season. So instead of sticking with QB with CLEAR limitations they swung for the fence and struck out. I agreed with the logic of that one, but In classic JETS fashion, the NFL iron-man gets injured and the JETS crash.

This time, it's a total headscratcher and CF in the making. Dark Knight's post sums up how alot of us feel, myself included

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Favre was a fairly miserable QB in 2005 and 2006. He had a bounceback year in 2007 and the Jets went and got him at the age of 39. It was a very high risk move and in the end the risk derailed the season. The Vikings then took the same high risk move but in a dome on turf and with Adrian Peterson behind him and it paid off.

Would the Jets have done better than 9-7 without Favre? Probably not. Was it worth the detour to Favre anyway? Probably not. We got ROOKIE/SUPER BOWL, SUPER BOWL, SUPER BOWL out of that.

It sure did help the Jets win two off-seasons in a row though. I think that combined with the Asomugha BS last year and the Tebow trade this year is what has a lot of us in despair at this point.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

How the hell did it do that? He got rid of one backup QB that would have cost 1.5 million this year for another that will cost 1.5 million this year..explain.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Giants just came off a SB win as well and Woody needed to make a splash sooo, Goodbye Chad Pennington, hello Bret Farve. Yeah, that move worked until Farve got hurt but remember, Bret Farve has alot more to his resume than Timmae.

The Giants come off another SB win, especially after embarassing the Jets in the Meadowlands in front of the local fan base and what's the reaction? Yet another splashy move with Timmae... Instead of exiling Sanchez (couldn't sell that one after the extension could he??) He's bring in Timmae as the "backup QB" whose gonna be guaranteed playing time? Seriously?

Sorry, but this signing reeks of yet another Woody Johnson headline grab.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I had my Jets hat on today for my 8 o'clock class and as soon as I walk to my class some douche waiting outside goes "oh here come all of the Jets fans now." I wanted to pin him against the wall, but just said "I've been wearing this hat loong after the season ended, so shut the fuck up."

I hate people.

15. Big Blocker

AYFKM that all this is about is changing out Stanton for Tebow???

Stanton did not require the Jets to incorporate a different O for him. And I don't know that your numbers are correct, anyway, but that is HARDLY the only consideration here.

16. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

This won't be a different O. It'll be the O we ran with Brad Smith...that helped us reach the AFC championship game.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You understand there's a huge difference between using something 5-10 times per game and using it every offensive snap, right?

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Have the Jets indicated we will be running the option every offensive snap? Serious question.

19. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I bet there are some people getting a response they weren't expecting. Nice display of restraint though.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tony Soprano is going to run Shotty's O that got us to the AFC finals twice. Nice to bad when Tony ran the same O with better personal the Ravens turned it into a pick 6 machine in round 1.