Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If Tebow can prove to be a viable #2 TE who can block and catch the ball he would be significantly more valuable to our offense. We could run our normal offense with him in the game, preventing opposing DC's from changing to Tebow specific personnel packages/calls and switch to him at Wildcat QB in a no huddle at any time.

2. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

The Tebow as a tight end always made more sense. In the first place it doesn't place the QB tag on him. That allows you to have better QB depth and development. It allows him to be used in a WC configuration without tipping your hat to the defense. It also allows a QB coach time to work on his mechanics.

As a TE he would be allowed to use his athleticism to a greater extent without making him the instant target for the defense. He would attract some attention from the defense which increases your offensive options. Over time defenses would see that they could not always target him and would have to pay attention to the other offensive weapons as well. That would work to Tebow's advantage once the defense began to feel the cry wolf syndrome.

Overall I think there are many more pluses to Tebow as TE rather than QB. The objective is to win games and it doesn't matter who crosses the goal line.

3. Sir Thomas

Sir Thomas Banned

You know that how? If you followed Tebow, he had a terrible start at Florida when he went in for Leake and struggled the first part of his starting year at Florida. He'll come around.

4. Sir Thomas

Sir Thomas Banned

I don't think he's fast enough for a tight end. A running back maybe. Gives us a option to run or throw if he's handed the ball.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Dear insaneclownposse: stop thinking that this is going to be about running the Jesus Cat / Wild Cat offense. Tim Tebow runs the Spread Option. And he runs it very successfully. Hopefully Sanchize improves and is highly successful. But if he still sucks like he did last year - Tim Tebow is coming in to rescue this team. : )

6. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Considering the "anonymous jets" who spoke out being critical of the Tebow trade, I think the players will de facto rally to Mark instead of turn on him like last year. Genius move if this gets people like Holmes in line.

7. Sir Thomas

Sir Thomas Banned

Joe Namath's first year starting stats shows he had a 48.2% completion, his highest is 52.5%. Tim's is 46.5% with a terrible OL. Like I said, his passing needs work. Give him a chance guys. Don't bury him yet.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Where's the evidence that Tebow runs the Spread Option successfully at the NFL level?

The Broncos offense blew chunks last season with Tebow at the controls. The defense played lights out about a half dozen times and Tebow pulled some miracles down the stretch. With one exception those miracles were the product of the defense playing lights out all game and then the Broncos getting very lucky at the end of the game.

There's no evidence at all that the Spread Option Tebow ran last season was worth anything more than the 18.7 points a game it averaged in the 13 games he started.

9. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Anonymous Jets spoke out against Sanchez too.

It is pretty funny though, they managed to find the one QB that diva WR's wouldn't want more than Sanchez.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Ill be happy as long as he scores at least 10 tds and I don't have to hear about him being our actual qb.

But its new york and its now sanchez job to bury the tim tebow:qb. Talk

11. Br4d

Especially diva WR's who cannot get open deep because they're not a huge physical specimen and they always draw tight coverage from the other team. You pull Tebow's long throws out of the equation last year and he was a really miserable QB. That's what Holmes faces right now: he's going to average about 11 yards a catch on his 43 catches next year if Tebow starts.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the thing here and I totally agree. 2012's success will be predicated on how well Sanchez bounces back from 2011 with or without Tebow. It always was. My main problem is the lack of attention to the Oline and the lack of a true starter at SE.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Were you asleep last season? Did you see Tebow & the Broncos beat the Jets, make the playoffs and beat the steelers?

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

A "gimmicky" offense that got to the divisional round of the playoffs beating a bunch of conventional NFL offenses including the Jets?

Ok....

16. Br4d

I saw the Broncos go 8-8 and back into the playoffs despite losing their last 3 games. I saw them run through a Jets defense that got run through several times last year when the Jets needed a stop. I saw them upset the Steelers in Denver in front of a frenzied crowd that had the Steelers off-balance the whole game.

If the Jets ever lose their last 3 games of the season, make the playoffs anyway and get a home game over a 12-4 wild card I make their chances out as pretty good to win that game also.

17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

11 players think it's a run every down because that's all he can do. Then he burns your safety with an accurate deep pass. How do you adjust to that? Playing just a traditional style D and limit your guessing? Ok, now it's 3rd down and short because Tebow just ate up 7 yards because there weren't enough people in the box to tackle him. It's not that easy. He's limited when he needs to complete passes to most of the route tree but people aren't going to simply adjust to Mike Alstott who can complete 50 yard bombs.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm very curious to know how many new members this site has gotten since the Tebow signing?

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

And I'd be interested to know how many of those actually give a shit about the Jets and how many are pure Tebow bandwagoners...

20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You do know that's against the odds, don't you?