Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Not all Tebow fans do, not by a longshot.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I am a Jets Fan. I am a Tebow fan now that Tebow is a Jet.

I haven't heard anybody blaming somebody other than Tebow for his deficiencies. He is deficient. His passing ability is subpar. He needs to improve as a passer. He is responsible for his own performance and he is responsible for improving his performance.

This is true for every player on the team and for pretty much every person who is a professional and is evaluated on their job performance. I'm certain that Tebow would agree with me 100% because everything I have seen and heard from this young man is that he is a very good dude, straight shooter who believes in God and hard work. For some reason believing in God and hard work makes a person "controversial" in the eyes of the media.

#3942 AbdulSalam, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I know it doesnt matter anymore........ lol

Has anyone heard anything from Mark Sanchez?

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

5. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

I have seen him throw some real pretty passes, when he sets his feet. He can throw the corner endzone pass really nice, (alot better then Elway ever could). He is a good QB that needs to be "coached up" ! GO JETS! And he can throw the BOMB! :)

#3945 GB#15, Mar 24, 2012
  6. xmscott

If only he went to a team that is good at coaching up QB's. Oh well for that plan.

The more i think about it the more i remember Tebow sucks at QB. But as our new Brad Smith its not so bad. Gonna be a media nightmare but he could help.

7. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

Oh my, But he is a good Football player. And a real good person. :)

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Tebow could NOT run a "normal" NFL offense? The question is why would you want to? Everyone knew this since he came out of college so why the hell would you draft Tebow and get him to be a traditional pocket passer?

Brady doesn't run a "normal" NFL offense and hasn't done so since about 2005. Brees doesn't run a "normal" NFL offense. Cam Newton doesn't run a "normal" NFL offense. Vick doesn't run a "normal" NFL offense. Aaron Rodgers doesn't run a "normal" NFL offense. Etc, etc, etc.

If you mean traditional, sure, Kyle Orton ran one. Matt Moore runs one. Chad Pennington. Bret Farve ran one. Ben still runs one with some scrambling mixed in. But he lost to Tebow's. A lot of the mediocre offenses in the NFL today are "normal" NFL offenses. But why should anyone even try to do that anymore? Why run a "normal" NFL offense when half the NFL is switching to the spread option and with Tebow you can at least have the #1 rushing offense, and a solid spread option passing offense?

If Peyton makes it, he's probably going to be the last guy that will make the "traditional" NFL offense competitive, and I even see him taking more and more snaps from the shotgun when he comes back. He was already doing that before he got hurt.

There was a time in the NFL when there was no such thing as a "normal" NFL passing offense. From the late 80's until about the mid 2000's the NFL stagnated pretty badly. The only interesting offense that came out was the Rams Greatest Show on Earth. But throughout the NFL's history offenses have evolved each and every decade and thankfully it started happening again.

But Tebow was never drafted to run a traditional NFL offense. McDaniels drafted him to implement the spread option at the NFL level before the Broncos fired him because they hired Elway and Elway didn't believe it would work. That was JUST before Aaaron Rodgers and Cam Newton came on the scene and tore it up this year. It was too late, and the Broncos had already decided to switch to a coach that HATED the idea of the new offenses coming into the NFL, and left Carolina to get away from it. Tebow got stuck in Denver.

But I think it's Denver that's going in the wrong direction because what they have now is a staff full of old timers that are falling behind times.

#3948 whichfan, Mar 24, 2012
  9. xmscott

Sanchez - 6 rushing TD's in 2011
    Tebow - 6 rushing TD's in 2011

Sanchez doesnt run a normal offense either?

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

which means jack shit, I don't need a friend, I need a good football team. He is a good football player, but a shitty QB. And that is why this move is such a joke. Especially with Tebow thinking he is going to waltz in and take over ny

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah that whole "need" a good football team is right at the top of my priorities too.

12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

When has Tebow said, he's going to "waltz in and take over NY"?

And folks say the pro-Tebow crowd is irrational...

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

A) Please show us where Tim Tebow has stated that he is thinking that he is going to waltz in and take over ny?

B) If you think this move is a "joke" please tell me exactly why you believe that Drew Stanton is a better backup QB than Tim Tebow is.

Feel free to respond.

14. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

Time will tell? I think He will be an asset to the JETS one way or another !

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Actually I honestly couldn't tell you what Brian Schottenheimer tried to do here as I have not kept up with it.

PS: Tebow didn't play a full season in 2011.

#3955 whichfan, Mar 24, 2012
  16. xmscott

17. whichfan

whichfan New Member

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Nothing in that entire article states that Tim Tebow stated to anybody that he thinks he can waltz in and take over ny.

there is no quote of him or anyone else saying that.

Does he believe that he is capable of helping this team win by playing great football for the Jets ? YES - of course why would you want him to think otherwise? But I haven't read one thing about this kid being an egomaniac who thinks he is going to waltz in anywhere and take over ny. That is just you making up stuff - so be honest about it.

unnamed sources = phony BS that the writer is making up to make you think something that is not accurate. Anytime you read about unnamed sources - immediately believe there is a high probabliity that it is BS.

#3958 AbdulSalam, Mar 24, 2012
  19. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

LOL. If you believe every douchenozzle that writes an article, especially with unnamed sources, this is going to be a very interesting season for you!

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Sanchez had 5 more games to do it

and if we are comparing running

Sanchez 103 yards 2.8 avg
    Tebow 660 yards 5.4 average (in 5 less games)

I am actually a big Sanchez fan and feel he is going to be fine, remain the starter and be better and Tebow will get better but the facts should be accurate

#3960 CowboysFan, Mar 24, 2012