Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But don't you think that fans would be screaming for Orton once Sanchez had his first bad game? And I believe the media would be pushing a QB controversy even if we had signed Orton. It sells papers. Granted, Tebow is the media's wet dream, but any QB that we brought in that had been a starter before would become the popular guy on the team if Sanchez started struggling. Orton, Henne, Garrard...Christ, even Brady Quinn.

I believe two things:

1. They originally signed a guy like Stanton because they did not want a QB controversy. Who's would ever scream for Stanton to start?

2. When Tebow became available, they felt that for the right price he was a player worth adding to the roster. They have a vision for how he will be used and they firmly believe that he will be an offensive weapon that will make the Jets offense significantly harder to defend. And to top it off, he's a better backup QB than Stanton. I'm sure they had to seriously weigh the negatives (media backlash, fan backlash, Tebowmaniacs. etc.) but at the end of the day they felt strongly enough about what he can add to the team that is was worth the headache.

Personally, the biggest negative for me is the constant beating the organization is taking from the media and the fans. It's brutal. And a close second are the bandwagon Jets fans courtesy of Tebow-mania and some of their irrational claims of how great he is.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Sanchez is too soft spoken and calm to be the vocal tough leader our team needs. What he can do is lead by example. Last year he failed to do that and things fell apart. Everytime Sanchez throws a pick he looks like he is pouting on the sidelines. Tebow messes up or the offense messes up and acts like everything will be right in the end and the majority of the time last year it did work out. He puts out a confidence that spreads to the team.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're being manipulative here and you know it. I'll leave it at that.

4. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

hey CowboysFan do the Cowboys not have a message board????

5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

You don't want any part of Kyle Orton.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Dwight Lowery - Would much rather have him at FS than an wildcat QB.
    Brad Smith - Probably the best wildcat guy in the league plus he can return kicks with the best of them.
    Leon Washington - Yup, we could use a game breaking playmaker on offense and 3rd down back
    Kerry Rhodes - Hello - FS, we don't have one.
    Jerricho Cotchery - We don't have a #2 receiver.

With the exception of maybe Smith, all bigger needs than a wildcat QB.

BTW - late draft picks are much less expensive than the $6 million Tebow will cost next year.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Rhodes, Leon,, Cotch, Smith, Lowery are all players I would rather have currently with this state of the Jets team.

LongTimeJetsFan shows the reasons why. Tebow just wasn't needed on the state of this team

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Eddie Royal is an alright slot receiver but wasn't he injured for much of the season. Eric Decker as a #1 is pretty awful. People complain about our WRs. Santonio is far better then any of those 3.

9. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Orton, the guy that lost his job to the guy you just traded for

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

I will speak for myself on this one, I hope they don't have random drug testing at your workplace, or you will be out of a job soon

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

YES!!!!! Perfectly said, that is EXACTLY it.

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

But Tebow's bad games came when it mattered most. It is what it is. Those are games that "winners" win. Not only did he not win, he played like hot garbage. I am not trying to rip him. But facts are facts. If you want to make KC's defense out to be the 85 Bears, that's your problem. Home game, against a team with a losing record, and the playoffs on the line. He spit the bit. The point is that it's too early to call him a "winner" in the NFL. Doesn't mean he won't earn the title in the future. And again, I like the trade and I like Tim Tebow.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I knew as soon as I put the rings up on my sig I was going to get this (sigh) maybe I'll go back to my other sig (as no one has ever called me out before on these boards).

#3352 CowboysFan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Santonio is more accomplished - let's see what Decker looks like with a real QB throwing him the ball. Decker will have better numbers than Holmes this year.

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Boy I would sure like to have (pre injury) L. Washington or Dwight Lowery or Kerry Rhodes at safety. RB and safety are definitely need positions on the Jets.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

In hindsight, easily. I'm talking about at the time of the deal. I've never had a worse feeling about a transaction than this.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah but Orton would be money only. Tebow was two draft picks, money, a media circus. Would have given up a lot less for Orton for the desired result, a backup QB who can come in and play well if needed.

17. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I've been hating thus trade with a passion. I'm glad your post help shine some positive light in this situation.

18. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

oh my god look at stephen A. Smith face during the first three minutes hahahahahah

oh god i lol'd so much

it was exactly my face as i witnessed skip bayless saying the jets will have a better shot at the championship with tim tebow

#3358 Levenhagen, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I was trying to decide which one of the two bothered me more yesterday. I think the kicker in the 2nd was worse though.

20. LGENF

LGENF Banned

they certianly have a vision, it's to run the fng ball down peoples throats and control the clock and have a tough defense that gets well rested with a ball control offense - tebow is part of that