Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Easy J, you learned your lesson over a season, this is only day one for jets nation

2. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Sporano was quoted to say he loved Tebow. But not as a QB. Hopefully it stays that way for the next 3 years. Or better yet trade him next year.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Nobody is trading for Sanchez especially when you take into account his salary for 2012 and 2013.

4. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Tebow will help this team as he did the Broncos

The Broncos were in the shitter when Tebow took over

1-4 to start the year after a stellar 4-12 season the year before and Tebow was responsible for one of the wins and almost pulled it out himself in SD to make it 2 out of 3

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We aren't mad about acquiring Tebow and his skill set. We're mad at acquiring you and the rest of his cult following. Please understand that, and please understand you aren't a NY Jets fan.

6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

News flash. As inept as the Jets offense was last year, that unit put up more points per game than the Denver led office under Tebow. Another fact, the Broncos scored more points per game prior to Tebow taking over than they did after. Yes he was 7-4 last year in the games he started. Another fact, the defense had a lot to do in those wins. They averaged 17 PPG against in those contest and also had three returns - for an "real" average of about 14 points against.

The Jets had no problems getting into the endzone last year. They were #1 in the Redzone last year. What they had a problem with was not being able to get drives going. The Jets had the fourth highest amount of punts last year. Guess which team had the second most amount of punts last year? I won't tell you, but think of a team that plays its home games in a stadium that is mile hile.

In the games that I saw Tebow play the majority of the time he was pretty bad. He did make some plays (obviously), however you had to go through a lot of terrible plays to get those "big gains". If he's only in the game for 5-10 plays, are you willing to have 60+% of those plays be stinkers?

7. jhildebrand

jhildebrand New Member

Good to see you here, LGENF :)

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Look I guess I can see the good intentions you bring. Call me a classic Tebow hater. Couldn't stand him at Florida, his speech, his hype, his Bronco career, etc. And now he's a Jet?? Doomsday.

And i'd say Jake The Snake getting you to within a game of the Superbowl was more exciting than a few fluke wins, 50% completions, 110 yards, and 50 minutes of shit football.

My potential Top 5 bust comment was in reference to Sanchez...But as in being picked 5th. Not of all time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S via TapaTalk

9. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

This

He was one of my least liked players in the NFL, but he's a jet now. If i could root for Favre, who is my most hated athlete in sports ever, even before he joined the jets; rooting for Tebow will be a breeze lol

10. hijinx

hijinx New Member

Lifelong Denver fan, here. I've always appreciated the Cardinals because I live In Arizona and I have interest in the Jets because I've always hated the Giants and Patriots.(at least we can get along there?)

Tebow is fun to watch. Look forward to his utilization in certain schemes and not relied on 100% as a starting QB.

:chargers::pats_suck:

EDIT: Anyway, good luck this year. I genuinely hope he works out for you. I'll be keeping my eye on JETS games this year. .... Not that I'll need to because Sports Center will be going nuts.

#2590 hijinx, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  11. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

The last paragraph is the scariest critique I've heard yet. However it just isn't near scary enough to not want to do something like this. I'm all about it. If your fears are realized than he is only very well worth the money as a more affective than average backup Qb (though non-traditional) and we're happy to have him here. But if he can just turn the wildcat into a true offensive change of pace weapon for us and add in extra wrinkles potentially lining up at Hb as well then his value could be many many multiples of his initial cost to the team with potential to renew services for next year through renegotiation.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Right, because Tebow would never throw an errant pick. Get off the crack.

13. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Nope I am not a jets fan YET, just as I wasn't a Broncos Fan when I got there, but over two years I came to know the team and cheer them none the less

And as for the tebois as we liked to be called, we are not the problem

We are not the people that will be in the stands at a home game screaming for Tebow when Sanchez does something stupid again, that will be all you JETS fans doing it

We got blamed for that crap in Denver and not a damn one of us lived in Denver and went to a home game

I did go to the dolphins game a cheer for T2, just as I will this year when the jets come to town

14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Lmmmaaaooooo.

Tebow would never throw a pick because he throws it at DBs feet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S via TapaTalk

#2594 EcKo151, Mar 22, 2012
  15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Go Tebow! I wonder how long itll take before the Jet fans start chanting his name when Sanchez screws up.

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

No offense, but I think someone is being distracted by his own avatar and is not paying attention to the salary cap. How are the Jets going to eat $20M+ of cap space before the beginning of this year? Of course, the Broncos offense was so unstoppable that the Jets scored more points than the Broncos did under Tebow last year.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Disgusting. It disgusts me that people can be a Dolphin fan for 37 years and then start cheering for the Jets because some gadget player they like was acquired. Blasphemous, as Tebow's Lord and Savior would say.

#2598 Jake, Mar 22, 2012
  19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not long, as there's a camp in the fan base that hates Sanchez (you included). They will join up with the Tebow Trolls to create a mega-wave of backlash forcing RRs hand in decision making.

Granted, if Sanchez doesn't show improvement this year, it will be time for him to go.

20. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Yes. I will support Tim as a part of green gang. I have been following him for a while. I hope he will inject some toughness into Sanchez's play style.