Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Wow, this team has some serious character issues and we just brought in the highest character guy in the NFL who will also be useful in gimmick plays. People need to relax. We aren't paying him $12 mil a year.

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

For it. If Tebow wasn't "Tebowmania" people wouldn't be complaining about us bringing in that type of athlete to improve our run game for such a small cap hit and a late round pick.
    Whatever, I like the move and yes I'll buy the jersey.

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

those were lonely fan club meetings :sad:

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I rest my case...

It's inevitable.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Johnny, I think you are giving the media and fans way to much credit for not thinking they will demand for Tebow once something goes wrong on offense...

And that absolutely DOES affect the organizations moves, just look at Denver.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The starting qb isn't good anyway. WTF man?

7. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Anybody is better than Sanchez. Anybody. The guy can't even talk to the media without sounding like a dumbass.

8. jetsnick

jetsnick New Member

Exactly, we could draft someone like Gholston. A proven winner. The draft is a crap shoot. I don't like the trade, but, at least we know what Tebow can do. Not much, but, you know what you are getting.

9. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Like it's been any different? At least those fans will be calling for someone who is actually on the roster instead of Peyton lol.

10. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that Tebow picked the Jets over the Jags.

11. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Just think its going to b hilarious in october if he helps win a game the total different reaction from people. I personally dont see the benefits of this trade like many of you but cant really do shit about it. Just need to focus on what he can do to help this team to win games now that he is a NY Jet.
    You can cry, bitch, lose sleep, threaten to give up your season tickets basically jump off the ledge if you want. Or you can move on past this trade of 1 supporting cast player, not having to agree, and root for your team. Basically come September everyone will cheering this team on anyways. Just saying

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

And the guy they just acquired is worse than our starter! Which says a lot considering Sanchez is bottom 3rd in the league.

13. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

I feel bad for the pressure that Mark Sanchez is going to be under. Every media scribe will be at Tebows locker daily. One bad game, shit one bad quarter and people will call for Tebow. I just don't get it and the only thing I can think of is the Jets have decided that Mark Sanchez played his best football under extreme pressure in the playoffs so let's get that stress level up even higher weeks 1-17.

I just don't get it.

14. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

But "Tebowmania" is something that exists and has already deeply affected one franchise.

Why would you think that an even more reactive franchise in the most ridiculous media market in the world won't feel pressure to feature the guy once the drumbeat gets started?

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

One of the problems I have (among many) is the fact that some people (not necessarily you) assume that Tebow could automatically become a good FB, H-Back, TE, etc. Who's to say that he can? He's been a QB for the last 8+ years (more I imagine). Why wouldn't the Jets just get someone who can fit that role who has been playing it regularly over the course of the last few seasons?

16. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

He will make plays for us that will win some games. I could care less about the rest. Great value for what we gave up for him.

Hate him all you want for the Tebow Christ stuff, I'm an atheist and I don't care what he believes. If he did all the stuff he has done without all the religion, so many of the haters wouLd be thrilled we got him.

Okay, here's the deal: he's one of ours now. So all of the whining should be put away. All this pissing and bitching looks like a bunch of fucking Vaynerchucks with their panties in a wad, and I hope more people than me start calling you out on it. Its done, get over it, or GTFO and every big play this kid makes, I hope somebody reminds the SOJFs on here tonight about how bad they whined about bringing Tebow here. Jesus Christ...

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Love the move!!!

Brings a whole new dimension to our offense. I'm excited about this. A whole new weapon for defense's to worry about.

18. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm with you on that one

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I can't buy that the Jets traded for Tebow to play QB. This has to be about being a Jim Jensen-type player. Now, if Sanchez does suck again and Tebow takes over, then Sanchez sucks.

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Sanchez has a chance to be good. He needs to be protected though. Geez, people make it sound like he's not capable of getting better. That's what bothers me.