Tebow: My Plan

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Mambo9, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

No, I compare you to North Koreans because you hide behind your communistic wall on a website to bash posters here. Only people who suck on Tebow's nuts are allowed there, and if you aren't like minded, you aren't welcome. I'd leave it be, but I and a few others seem to be discussed over there... A LOT. You even had me in your sig for awhile and I'm not even a member there. I'd defend myself there, but honestly a couple of you kinda worry me about giving access to my email or IP. I'd trust a guy like Remarker with that info about as much as you would probably trust some random dude on the street with your credit card info. Ain't gonna do it. Some of you have already tried to make this personal as it is.

Then I see bullshit comments like the one I bashed you for. They'll let the comments get as looney as they want. Nobody over there is gonna call you on it, that's for sure. They are as dillusional about Timmy the Try Hard as you are. ...equal or better than where Manning can bring the Broncos... pffffft... Yeah, that's about your speed. Timmy the Try Hard might be good for a surprise season here and there, and he might blindside a team if the defense and special teams keeps him in the game long enough, but NOBODY would take the Broncos seriously as a Superbowl contender wiht the three and out dirt missile king playing QB.

#61 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. NFL

NFL Active Member

I hope this was sarcasm.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Before we start talking about him being "potentially" the best ever at ANYTHING, let's see him earn a starting job in a league you all seem to be thinking is heading in his direction of style of game anyway.

4. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim producing 95 yards of offense in a drive does not preclude him from being called terrible. You guys don't even realize you are making anti-Tebow points stronger when you argue this way. The Broncos beat the Jets because the defense/Mark Sanchez prevented the Jets from scoring two touchdowns. The Broncos D was shit overall but managed enough good games to win 9. This supports the point made repeatedly that the Broncos won in spite of Tebow because the defense played above their talent level a few times and held some offenses to very low point totals. Lots of QBs can produce several hundred yards of offense a game. Just because they do it the first three quarters and then shut it down does not mean Tim is not shitty because he is incapable of producing until the end of a game where the defense kept the other team out of the end zone.

5. Concerned_Citizen

Point at a million times where he couldn't extend a drive or was the worst rated quarterback through three quarters, and all they can do is point to one drive here, or a fairly routine pass in OT of a playoff game that was extended into a TD by a great effort by D. Thomas.

The issue never was that Tebow "never" did anything right or good. The problem was that plays like that were way too few and far in between. They were far too infrequent to count on being anything they could rely on.

But Teboners have to hinge on the very few things that went right for Tebow to hold out hope that all they have invested in the man (financially and emotionally) is justified. They truly think a couple of lucky plays should sweep 55 minutes of suckitude under the rug. That luck was only made possible by having a team keeping him in the game long enough for one of those plays to finally click. It is apparent to everyone outside the Tim Tebow looney bin that he needs a lot more work to be taken seriously as a starting QB. Some will admit he needs work, but none of them understand just how far behind he really is on that skillset. He can hope for a revolution that brings the QB position to a run a lot with little passing style, but that ain't happening any time soon.

Besides, I think this option crap is merely the flavor of the month. A few teams are taking a look at it, but it will pass (unlike Tebow.) Especially after seeing RGIII almost lose a leg last year. It will eventually get chucked aside in favor of guys that can throw. RGIII and Cam Newton still have a future there. Tebow? Not so much...

6. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

A lot of the "special" things Tim has done in the NFL are actually pretty unspectacular (see D. Thomas' 70-yard catch & run against the Steelers in 2012). I recall now several times being at Bronco games when Kyle Orton led 80+ yard TD drives to start the 1st quarter. These did not receive publicity because it was a) Kyle Orton and b)In the first part of a September game. Kyle Orton is horrible but the point is that a lot of QBs lead long scoring drives..they just do it early in games to help out the defense and they don't get publicity since it happens in the first few quarters. Is the 1st quarter "Flacco Time" because he scores points early or "Weeden Time" in the 2nd quarter because the Browns put some points up then too?

7. Concerned_Citizen

You remember that pass Orton threw in his first reg. season game as a Bronco? The one that was thrown high and off target, but tipped to Stokley and ended up going for a TD against Cincinatti? That won the game where the offense did absolutely nothing all day long. Most people saw it for what it was and chalked that up as pure dumb luck.

Had that been Tebow making the throw and that happened, all we'd be hearing was how Tebow pulled the Broncos through another one. I do think a lot of that pure dumb luck came into play on a few occaisions throughout the season, which was the only reason they went to the playoffs at all. Especially with Chicago with the RB going out of bounds and then fumbling in OT when he had one guy to beat before going the distance. Well, that and the defense making 15 points or more enough to win (3 times in OT) in most of those games.

The bad thing about relying on pure dumb luck (which is probably 66% of Tebow's wins) is that luck eventually runs out. We saw it happen in 4 out of 5 games at the end of the season.

8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

The sarcasm flew right over your head. But I don't think Tebots have EVER mentioned his game against the Jets before yesterday...

9. Concerned_Citizen

Oh, they do it all the time. It is one of their favorite cards toplay when confronted with 3 quarters of extreme suckitude. It was one of the very few times one of them was able to point at Tebow and say, "he did a good job that THAT time." Then they use it as a starting point to convince the rest of the world that he's actually pretty good.

Some of the shittiest quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have some pretty good plays on their resume. Apparently Teboners never heard of the old saying.... "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while."

They like to bring up that one pass against Pittsburgh too as if that pass alone was supposed to make their case that every other criticism about him is a wash. Would have loved to see more of that "brilliance" a bit more often than once in a blue moon, because the Denver offense was rated one of the worst in the league, despite being tops in rushing. They finished 25th overall but were on a pace during the Tebow era of 2011 to finish much worse had he started all 16 games. Yet the assumption seems to be that he would have won those first 5 games. Not with 16 points, he wouldn't have.

10. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Holy Shit! I actually did forget about that pass from Orton to Stokley. I have to disagree about the dumb luck. I believe Orton's intangible passion and the fire in his eyes inspired Brandon Marshall to tip it, and then Brandon Stokley to catch it and run it in. hahahahaha
    That is even further proof that the sun shines on a dog's ass from time to time. Kyle Orton is clutch, hahahaha

11. Concerned_Citizen

That was the corner covering Marshall that tipped it. The ball was heading out of bounds and was heading nowhere near Marshall, and the Bengals would have won the game had the corner only let it sail out of bounds. Looked kinda like the typical Tebow pass thrown well behind the receiver. But the corner was searching for a hilight, jumped way up to get a hand on it, and it was tipped directly to Stokley. ...and nobody credited Orton. People saw it for what it was. Tebow would have been given most of the credit for the win. Even if the offense didn't do jack shit all day. Game was a barn burning shootout where the score was 6 to 7. It was almost like Tebow vs. the chiefs (or a couple other games where there were only 0 to 3 offensive points by late in the 4th) only the offense DOUBLED the scoring output up to that point.

#71 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 26, 2013
  12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

That play encapsulates a lot of fans' apathy towards Tebow. One decent (lucky) play and an overall shitty body of work = terrible QB. A highlight play in the NFL can happen to just about anybody. lol

13. Concerned_Citizen

Hell, look at Matt Flynn. Dude gets has one good game where he put up good numbers when surrounded by a team coming off a Super Bowl season, and he gets a massive contract. Gets beat out by a rookie few saw coming and is now one of the most expensive clip board holders in the NFL.

A few good hilights doesn't make a good QB.

#73 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 26, 2013
  14. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

Think of your high school coach.
    What would he have said about a guy who said: "I want to make the team, but I only want to play quarterback?"

15. Concerned_Citizen

Depends. Is he suitable to be a QB, (namely someone who can get the ball into the same time zone as the receiver) or is he a RB playing out of position?

16. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

wow. I havent visited in a while -- cant believe this place is still open. CC you have a ton of fortitude my friend. keep tilting at windmills!!!!

and oh yeah - tebow still isnt an nfl QB.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

- 99.9% of the forum has nothing to do with anyone here.

- It is a Tim Tebow fan forum, therefore it makes sense to not have people who dislike him or think he sucks there. What you are complaining about doesn't make any sense.

- Maybe we are braver than you are, since we have posted here for a year even though 95% of the posters here are anti-Tebow. Seems like you are afraid to be in a setting that you won't be ditto-headed.

- I don't consider anything you say as "bashing" me. More of an annoyance than anything. It may seem to you as though you are making salient points because of the sycophantic behavior here, but I think you are just as delusional as you believe me to be. Pretty much all the Tebow fans have been banned or run off... now it's just back-slapping by the remaining anti-Tebow crowd who remain obsessed with him.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The sarcasm was noted, however so was the intended jab. Be sarcastic without calling me a Tebot and maybe I'd laugh with you.

19. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tebowite then...?

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If you have a burning desire to find a childish name for me, go ahead... knock yourself out.