Tebow: My Plan

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Mambo9, Mar 21, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

We have been told I over and over that poor Timmy won't improve unless be gets 1st team reps and starts. He has been a backup for parts of three years now and his supporters bitch that it is impossible for Timmy Gametime to get better unless he starts. His fans will jump on that and beat writers will ask pain I the ass questions about his status even if the team is winning. This is why Tim should not be on any NFL roster. His fans are the only ones that benefit from any NFL team acquiring him, this is not enough to secure his future in the league.

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Haven't said any of that.

3. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Never said YOU did. Others have, you have seen these posts yourself. I was making a post about why Tim is not really a good fit anywhere in the NFL and his fans would hate the options that make sense for him.

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'm a fan. I'd like to see him get another shot at QB, but I'm a realist as well.

5. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I would not mind seeing Tim get another shot either. I have several friends in the league and a couple who got cut and I would love to see another team take a chance on them as well. I am a sucker for young players working hard for a chance. My biggest problem is with the bullshit Tim's handlers and his fans push. Tim is just another college superstar struggling to adjust in the world's most competitive league. His fans insist he should be a backup in one breath and then piss and moan that he needs to start and play with the 1st team to improve. That is not so bad but then they flock to message boards and pick fights with existing fans and call for the heads of coaches, GMs, etc when they have no intention of being around after their boy leaves. They are shitty followers because they try to hide their true agenda that either Tebow starts and succeeds or fuck the organization. That is a poor mentality to push in the biggest team sport of them all.

6. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Fair enough.

My argument on this thread isn't against Jets fans, or the fans of any other team he happens to land on who don't like the circus, or Tebow for that matter.

My argument is against folks who flock to message boards and pick fights with Tebots and act like it's out of "civic duty," to quote one so-called concerned citizen. They don't care about the team either. They've just got a hard on for Tebots.

Tebow Derangement Syndrome.

7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I get where you are coming from there. To be fair, it would have been nice to have some help beating back some Tebow supporters on Denver's boards. Fans of teams really don't know what to expect until their new "fans" show up and then it is too late. The mods here should be commended for having the foresight to create a subforum. I am actually a Jets fan as well and I just want to move on from last year. If we weren't in such a terrible contract with Sanchez, I think a lot of folks would be calling to shitcan him too.

8. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tebow fans have also left some frustrated feelings in their wake and I think the opportunity to go to another board and kick Timmy while he is down is cathartic. As much as it pains them, Tebow fans may want to sit out participating in the next team's message board until Tim has a meaningful role. If he never does, I don't imagine many people will want to throw in their two cents about how much they think he sucks...unless their are "fans" spouting off silly comparisons and stats few decision makers care about.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, I saw that crazy quotation. That guy Backup QB is crazy. I mean to think that the Broncos could get to the divisional round with Tebow as the QB is just crazy talk from a deranged fan. That could never happen.

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It's not so much as fled, as opposed to:

A: Nobody wants us here
    B: You think we are all crazy
    C: We think you are all crazy
    D: Nothing productive happens here with respect to honest debate

There is plenty of Tebow criticism there, but it's not done in extreme terms. I wouldn't consider myself embarrassed. I thought it would be an exciting season for the Jets and was looking to participate as a fan of football. Didn't quite happen that way though. Time to part ways.

If you read through my posts and not follow the characterization that CC has of me, you will see that I am very reasonable and respectful to all posters here. I don't call people names, nor call them idiots.

Concerned Citizen likes to compare us to the North Koreans because we are legitimate fans of Tebow (full disclosure, I graduated from UF). Yet he feels it is his civic duty to stamp out all traces of Tebow fans. All those who do not agree that he sucks should be run-off. You tell me what is the extreme "North Koreanish" standpoint.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tebow is a terrible QB.

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

No he isn't! He's potentially one of the best ever if used right, has a great attitude and all he does is win!

/ The tebow argument in a nutshell.

really a pointless endeavor to argue.

it'll all be over soon...

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

... that beat the Jets.

14. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Terrible QBs get wins all the time. Remember when Kyle Orton doubled Timmy's points at the end of last season and won that epic shootout. (Tim actually did not snap, hold or kick the field goal, but what the hell, give him the points right?) How about the time hall of famer Ryan Fitpatrick outplayed Mr. Heisman himself. See a QB can be terrible and get the occasional win. You guys big Vince Young/Chad Pennington/Kordell Stewart/Kyle Orton/Elvis Grbac fans too?

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'd agree with you but:

A) Tebow marched down the field 95 yards in that Jets game for the game winning TD drive (the game I was talking about, BTW).

B) Tebow's team won more than occasionally. 9-7 as a starter. And they were terrible before he started.

Now, I'm sure you would like to use this to bolster your argument that all Tebow fans think he is the greatest QB ever. I'm not saying that at all. I am just saying that I don't think he is terrible and he can win in the NFL (proven). From what I've seen from him in college and the NFL, I think he has potential to be pretty decent. I'm certainly not suggesting that he will be the next Tom Brady.

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Did he? I don't think he did, because, if that were true, then the Tebots would just randomly bring it up for no reason...

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Since you want to opine...

I did not bring it up randomly for no reason. If you ignore the context, as you did then it would appear so.

Another member and I were discussing a separate issue. Longtimejetsfan quoted my reply to the other member and responded with "Tebow is a terrible QB", which is just his standard response to every statement regarding Tebow in an attempt to be annoying. In response, I replied with a statement in kind, which I assume has to be similarly annoying.

Of course, you would see the response and attach it to a larger "Tebot" tactic or procedure, absent of any context.

BTW, yes he did lead a 95 yard drive to beat the Jets in 2011.

[YOUTUBE]FpKtszI212I[/YOUTUBE]

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just out of curiosity, why is there not a TimTebow.com board for Tebow fans to talk about Tim Tebow? It's pretty clear at this point that the intensity that his fans and detractors bring to team message boards is over the top and encourages over the top behavior by the team fans on those boards.

Why not just set up a board for Tebow fans to chat on about the topic du jour regarding their hero?

If the Tebow debates were well-received elsewhere that would be one thing but they're polarizing in the extreme and generally wind up with a toxic mix of frustrated long-term posters bouncing off an already polarized group of Tebow posters, many of whom are arriving just to trash Tebow again as the faithful show up.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Exactly. What could he offer the Patriots that they don't have already? A run/pass threat on third down? Anyone, raise your hand if you think they'd take Tom Brady off the field on 3rd and 1 to get him a first down. They already have guys that can do that, who DON'T have that circus full of clowns who only want to see him out there whether he is ready for it or not.

Patriots offense is fine without Tebow. They don't need him. It will either be a desperate crappy team or AFL. Beginning to wonder if CFL would even take him.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

2011 was a fluke. No getting around it.

I also think you are nuts if you think Tebow could have gotten the Broncos a first round bye in the playoffs and/or sucker punched another team. No way he gets the Broncos past the Ravens, Pats, OR Houston in the first round.