Tebow might get a chance to start after all....

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Apr 12, 2013.

1. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ing-mark-sanchez-according-sources?src=mobile

well heres one article on it, I've seen a bit more here and there. The jist of what isn't in that article is that they are having issues with a possible major lawsuit from psl owners (their values are in massive free fall). They wanna restore trust in the psl owners and fans in general.

There is talk of doing that by pushing a new angle of starting Tebow, while grooming the qb of the future.

just think how disastrous it would be if they started a green geno game one and he gets wrecked by revis and the rest of the bucs new very improved secondary.

people would be yelling sanchize #2, but way worse since Sanchez at least had a really strong supporting cast his first 2 yrs.

2. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Chatter is after just chatter thou. Just like the Sanchez to bucs rumblings, people talking about it doesn't make it a certainty.

3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Thanks. Interesting.

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

"Giving"?

they shouldn't be GIVING the start to anybody. that has to be earned.

if the jets want to give tebow a genuine chance than fine whatever, but they sure as hell shouldn't hand it to him or really any QB the currently have.

I'm not prone to unanimously bashing either him or Sanchez, but an idea I'll always agree with is that neither should be handed anything and both will need quite the bit of focus and support to succeed.

The idea of cutting Mark and keeping tim is... a little shocking to be honest, but maybe they think his own hunger will give the others the competitive edge they need. Maybe they feel his mechanics have straightened up enough to have a role as a real QB in a timing based offense (even in such an optimistic scenario I'd say he's nothing but second string for us)

evidently they know something I don't and I'm willing to accept this guy as competition fodder and let him have what he deserves from that even if I doubt he gets much of anything... as long as they don't HAND him the role of starter.

5. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

A lot of people in Denver didn't want any part of a competition between Kyle Orton and Tebow either. They wanted to just give Tebow the job. I always thought if he was half as good as all that hype surrounding him, that beating out Orton shouldn't be a problem. Broncos did try to trade Orton and his 10 million dollar salary, but it didn't happen, and that competition for starter was over in just a couple days when Tebow came out and couldn't hit the ocean with a rock.

Sanchez or Tebow had to go. But it was obviously easier to swallow what they owed Tebow, but Sanchez's days as a jet are numbered as well.

Steve Young's jaw might drop to the floor when watching Tebow in some relatively stress free workout, but it is really telling when the coaches of two teams take a look at him every day and determine guys like Orton and Sanchez give them the best chance to win. ...and they decide that rather quickly. Gotta wonder what kind of horror show Tebow must be giving them in practice and camp to make these guys draw that conclusion so quickly.

So I guess they are justified in thinking Tebow should just be given the job. They are thinking it will all somehow justify itself. they take solice in the fact that games were won with him playing, but even when Denver was on a win streak, many of those games seemed to be won in spite of him blowing chunks for almost 55 minues and being carried to that last chance by a defense going balls out.

#105 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. BleedGreenDaily

Don't forget Denver's kicker was MVP of the team lol

7. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

Looks like the only thing the Jets gave him was his walking papers, lol.

8. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Notice that when Kyle Orton - the guy that Tebow "beat out" for starter in Denver - was placed on waivers there was a fistfight between Chicago, Dallas and Kansas City to grab him up.

Yet when Tebow - the QB who "just wins" - is cut by the Jets, the only response is a chorus of crickets...