Tebow might get a chance to start after all....

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I would think Tim would be concerned about being asked to start for the Jets too. He has to know he is not suited to run a WCO. Even if he made some improvements, the Jets will not have enough weapons on offense or a familiar system for Tim to succeed. He should be wanting out of NY as much as the FO appears to want him gone.

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, I'm sure he's shaking in his boots.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Beggars can't be choosers. Teboners may not like him being with the Jets, but the pickings are growing more slim by the day. Not many potential homes for Tebow if he is bumped off the Jets. At least with the Jets, he still has a home in the NFL somewhere. Some of them have enven softened their positions on him staying a Jet despite what they did to him last year.

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I've never said I prefer he leave the Jets.

5. Concerned_Citizen

Never said YOU did...

But many of them wanted him as far from the Jets as possible. But that was BEFORE it became clear that few teams if any wanted him. Many HAVE softened their stance about Tebow remaining a Jet now after all the criticism they had for the orgnization. It especially softened for many when it came out that Sanchez was being mentioned as well.

Betcha he doesn't get a start. Rex snubbed him once already at the end of a meaningless season.

6. Concerned_Citizen

He should be. Jumping into a system that relies on defense reading and shorter passes can do more harm to his career than good, unless you think he fixed all that with a few workouts this offseason.

7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Jets running a WCO would be a disaster for Tim. Tim looked awful 95% of the time running an offense in which he had input and influence. Tim's biggest weakness is timing and location of his passes; those are the two most important keys to QB play in a WCO. I am also not sure Mark will look godd but if Tim and his handlers have any sense, they will do whatever they can to make sure Tim does not have to operate in an offense that will emphasize his weaknesses.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Pretty much. All we heard from Teboners for the last few years is that for Tim to be successful, he needs an offense built around his skillset. Namely running. He needs to be in the right situation for that to work.

The WC offense isn't it. The last thing Tebow needs in what is likely to be his last chance in the NFL, at least for now, is to be thrown into a system that just doesn't fit him. ...and Teboners think he can just jump into that system and lead them to the playoffs? :lol: :rofl: (Yes, I'd seen some suggest that very thing.)

9. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Jets can match Tim's production by running the wildcat with Jeremy Kerley and Garrard gives them a QB with WCO experience. Mark appears to want to learn the scheme but he may not have the talent to execute it. Either way, Tim is either a man with no country or stuck with an organization that doesn't need him.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Stays on the team, works on his issues, maybe gets a shot if Sanchez and or Garrard can't play and signs with a team next year.

Wouldn't be the worst thing.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Kerley blows Tebow away in terms of Wildcat QB play in the NFL.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Just wondering what the difference is between:

Cutting Tebow and eating the money they owe.

or....

Keeping him on the bench and eating the money they owe.

If he's not even the best WC guy behind the center, then what good is he? Punt protecting? Maybe they'll find a use for him as a perfectly good door stop?

there's no way he beats out Sanchez or Garrard in camp. Both would have to have monumental meltdowns before Tebow gets in there as a regular QB. Half the season would be over by the time even Sanchez goes. Probably another three or four games under Garrard... Tebow MIGHT see the field as a QB for more than a gimmick play at that point. I'm not even sure Tebow would beat out McElroy as it was McElroy that got the nod over him last year.

13. Concerned_Citizen

Jets wouldn't do a whole lot for him last year as far as working on his issues. He's as good as gone after this season. What makes you think this year would be different? Think Rex see's the light now and wants to make Tebow an integral part of the offense? Last I checked, he's still the one running the team. I don't buy that he let Sporano run rampant and took a back seat.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

The Jets get Geno, Tebow will be packing his bags and so will McElroy.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They save cap space if they cut him so I'm guessing they either find a trade partner by tomorrow and save additional cap space or they cut him shortly after the end of the draft.

16. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Geno Smith drafted. Let's sing Tim out the door.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye

He'll never love you, the way that I love you
    'Cause if he did, no no, he wouldn't make you cry
    He might be thrillin' baby but a-my love
    (My love, my love)

So dog-gone willin', so kiss him
    (I wanna see you kiss him, wanna see you kiss him)
    Go on and kiss him goodbye, now

Na na na na, hey hey, goodbye

Listen to me now

He's never near you to comfort and cheer you
    When all those sad tears are fallin' baby from your eyes
    He might be thrillin' baby but a-my love
    (My love, my love)

So dog-gone willin', so kiss him
    (I wanna see you kiss him, I wanna see you kiss him)
    Go on and kiss him goodbye, na na na na, na na na

Na na na na, hey hey, goodbye

Hey hey, goodbye

Hey hey, goodbye

Hey hey, goodbye

And take Mark with you.

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Hes Gonzo

The best thing Tim has to offer is mobility, and I think Geno has that capacity and more. Not sure what the hold up is, but unless theres something i don't know about the situation and what they want him for, theres like a 3% chance he's sticks around at this point.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Never said the Jets would do anything to work on his issues. That's up to him.

I don't think it'll be different. I don't even think he'll be a Jet. Just said it wouldn't be a bad situation if it happens that way.

Maybe one day you'll learn to carry on the conversation that's actually going on, instead of the one you imagine is going on.

#98 catsigater, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  19. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Before u guys celebrate TOO hard, there is a little chatter about sanchez being cut soon and Tim given the starting job. Hes gained support from the organization recently.

20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

"Chatter"' by whom?