Tebow Fans: Who should be the starter....

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Apr 20, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB this season ?

Poll closed May 20, 2012.
  1. Tebow should definitely be the starter.

17.5%
  2. Sanchez should definitely be the starter.

82.5%
  1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

It's not an opinion. The NFL is a league where teams KILL for starting QBs and his two trade offers were to be backups. Chaz Schillens wasn't brought here to be a LB, and Tebow wasn't brought here to be the starting QB. Mark Brunell wasnt brought here to to start either, BUT it Mark was truly awful or hurt he would have. What makes Tebow valuable is that he also doubles as a wildcat QB, H-back, and RB.

There are 32 GMs, all paid seven figure salaries. Not ONE was interested in having Tim Tebow as their starting QB. Not ONE.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Are you really that daft ??

This is not a thread for arguing about Tebow, one way or the other. Go to another thread for that.

3. GoldenShowers

The thread is "who should start".....I explained the fallacy in this concept, which is that there is no debate or QB competition. He wasn't sought after as a starting QB, and he wasn't brought here to be one.

4. Demosthenes9

At this point, I have to wonder if you are just being a troll, or if there's a comprehension problem at work here.

It doesn't matter why the FO brought Tebow in, or if there will be a QB competitition, or anything else.

I'm asking Tebow supporters to state their opinion on whether Tebow should be the starter or if Sanchez should be.

It's not that frakking complicated.

5. GoldenShowers

What I'm saying is this tread is as pointless as a who should be the kicker Nick Folk or Laron Landry thread.

6. Demosthenes9

What's pointless is your continuing involvement in this thread. It's simple, don't click on it. No one is forcing you to read it, or to reply to it.

The thread has a purpose behind it, which most others can plainly see. That you can't is your own problem, not the thread's.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I am a Jets fan so I am a Tebow fan, but I am not the target audience for the poll. Certain names stick out that voted for Tebow and certain names stick out that voted for Sanchez.

8. GoldenShowers

What exactly is the purpose? How bout we make a thread called "who should start, Vince Wilfork or Derek Jeter". It would be equally as pertinent to the reality of the NY jets. Tim Tebow is not a starting QB in this league, much like Vince Young isn't. The difference is Tebow WILL be used in other roles. Continue to pontificate on him in a starting role is almost as asinine as switching team loyalties based on a backup QB. Both are things you clearly partake in.

9. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Tebow. Better all around football player. In reading their respective body language, on field performance, sound bites, interviews, etc. I believe Tebow has more mental toughness and is more apt to effectively handle the peaks & valleys.

His passing will improve. To me it's Tebow hands down.

10. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Obvious troll is obvious.... And by the way, opinions are like a....ahhh never mind, your not worth it.

11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

And it's people like you that make tebow fans like me so defensive and want to see our guy take over, even though Sanchez has done nothing to loose his spot... Just so we can see you and your ilk eat crow!

12. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Sanchez definitely.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I actually feel Sanchez should start but voted for Tebow knowing it was going to be a vote massacre in the other direction

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think Tebow will very likely be an all time great, and the best way for him to reach full potential is to play.

If he hasn't adjusted to the offense yet, or hasn't earned that amount of trust from the coaches, then I wouldn't force it. But with a new OC, now's the time to figure it out. And I would get on with it -- his style of play is a perfect fit for the Jets.

To those who think Sanchez is the franchise, I can understand the trepidation. I think he's a very talented football player, but ultimately doesn't have it.

I believe they're bringing Tebow in with plans to start him next year during Sanchez "lame duck" year. Always good to have another plan going at quarterback.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Once the results of this poll are final, the title should be changed to 'The Official OUT YOURSELF AS A TEBOT Thread.'

16. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

I think Sanchez should start and if he chokes then by all means unleash the Tebow.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So not including CowboysFan there are atm 5 special needs posters who participated in this poll. Sweet.

18. GoldenShowers

What have I said that isn't true?

1) not ONE TEAM in this league wanted this guy as their #1 QB. I think I'll take the evaluation skills of 32 different professional GMs over those of five sudden "Jets" fans.

2) Our staff has clearly stated what Tebows role is, and what Marks role is. The former will backup Mark and play other positions, the latter will be the starting QB. There is no ambiguity in this.

3) Nearly 90% of fans of this team, including recent "fans" feel Tebows best role is as this hybrid player, which I think he will be great at, NOT THE STARTING QB.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

And it's people like you that make us want to see our guy have success just so we can see you and your ilk kill yourselves.

#39 ace_o_spades, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It is a pattern -- for people to get obsessed with us, interested in us, instead of football.

I've always tried to follow common sense -- be respectful, talk about football, avoid lecturing about what you supposedly know about Tebow and others don't, remember that people feel just as strongly that he doesn't belong in the NFL.

But it's funny to watch -- supposedly people that are just trying to be "real Jets fans" start to obsess about "Tebots," and constantly comment on them, about them, speculate about them, generally make them the center of attention.

I kept reading that this board got flooded with them, so I did a little looking to try and count up who's really trolling and flooding with a bunch of spirited "Tebow defenses" -- it's a pretty small number. I'm surprised to hear it's been such a harrowing experience for Jets fans here. It seems very mild, kind of a blip for such a tough media market.

I think it's all huge overreaction and what we need is some actual football occurring.