Tebow fans: What's worse?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jetsetter34, Dec 8, 2012.

1. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I have to say I am amazed at Manning. Had him as a fantasy keeper for eight years so I watched every Colts game and then dropped him last year. What a mistake. He was shaky in the first 5 weeks but his arm has gotten stronger (I didn't think that would be that possible at his age) and his mind is still the best. He has always been a great regular season QB. It's when he faces tough front fours in the playoffs that he runs into trouble. It will be interesting to see how long he can keep this up. He does a great job of avoiding hits (sometimes he just folds up completely rather than try and move in the pocket) so he may be able to challenge Favre's passing records.

2. General Fan

General Fan New Member

What you purport to know is simply a subjective assumption you pulled out your head. Did you KNOW that?

3. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I laughed so hard when Gruden on Monday night kept saying how this is revolutionizing the NFL. When Tebow occasionally ran it last year, it was called nothing more that a temporary gimmick. Now I just heard the San Fran commentators talking about how Kapernick is "revolutionizing" the NFL after he took a read option to the house to ice the game today.

But to be fair to Gruden, he was always a fan of Tebow's prospects so I suspect it may have had more to do with the fact that RGIII was the first read option runner on Monday Night football.

#63 General Fan, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yea because RGIII can actually throw the ball. That is revolutionizing offense. Tebow runs an offense from the 1950's.

5. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

Fuck waterhead manning!:pats_suck:

6. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Tebow threw the ball effectively too....for TD's....with few INT's. He had a terrible completion percentage (although it was great in the 4th quarter when the offense would open up). The point you have missed is that a single play (the read option), which Tebow used extensively to help him win games, was said to be nothing more than a gimmick then. Now, that single play is being called revolutionary.

Also, calling this play "revolutionary" isn't just stupid because it's been done by Tebow but because it was also done very effectively by Cam Newton last year. It has nothing to do with how any of them throw the ball. The point is these commentators are dumb because they can't remember what happened just last year while almost every fan in America now knows exactly what the read option is because of last year. That's all.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I would also say with great certainty that I know that an owl isn't going to fly into my house and drop a golden turd in my lap.

That would be a subjective assumption as well

8. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I know. I know. He booted baby Jesus but even a die hard tebow fan, gator fan, or Colt or Volunteer hater has to admit he's been awesome this year.

9. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I think that would be an objective presumption because animals don't shit gold...and that my friend is indeed a fact....and if it's not a fact, I need to find that gold shitting animal immediately.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

And Tebow sucks. Which is also a fact. They are actually putting it in this year's version of Encyclopedia Brittanica

11. General Fan

General Fan New Member

ROFL - touche sir. You win.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He faces trouble in the playoffs because he never really had a reliable run game or defense. I don't know if that trend is carrying on with Denver, but he definitely surprised a lot of people. I didn't tihnk he could back to this form so quickly

13. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Gee, I don't know, the 13 games that the Broncos have played this year is a small sample size as well, YET, some people here are citing Thomas's stats from those games to show how terrible Tebow supposedly was.

Guess what Sunshine, ? those last 5 games that I just posted the stats from were the ones where the Broncos went 1-4 and didn't even include Tebow's best day throwing to Thomas.

The FACT of the matter is, once Thomas was actually healthy and in game shape, his production was very good with Tebow throwing to him.

But hey, WTF, why not. Lets put Tebow's last 5 regular season games with DT up against Peyton's last 5 games with DT.

Again, just regular season, not inlcluding the playoff game against Pitt:

Thomas' stats for last 5 regular season games:

With Manning::

29 catches, 441 yards, 15.20 avg YPC, with 4 TDs.

With Tebow:

25 catches, 448 yards, 17.92 avg YPC, with 3 TDs.

So, as great a season as Thomas is having this year with a first ballot HoF'er throwing to him, compared to his last 5 games with Tebow, he has 4 more catches, 7 less yards, averages 2.72 less in yards per catch, and 1 more TD.

BTW, for those of you who are easily confused, I'm not knocking Thomas here, nor Manning.

What I'm pointing out is that if you look at the stats from last year when Thomas was HEALTHY AND IN SHAPE, he actually had a lot of production with Tebow throwing to him, contrary to popular opinion.

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That where ur wrong. It has everything to with him playing football. Go back to preseason and look up his stats and tell me what he done to get a shot?

15. Demosthenes9

Tell ya what, why don't you go back to preseason and tell us all how many snaps Tebow took with the first team, running the "normal offense" in this supposed QB competition that was held.

16. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

If you would even call it that, both QBs played like hot garbage and couldn't even put up a touchdown.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

If he sucked against the 2nd and 3rd string he would suck against 1st string.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

John Skelton looked great in the Preseason. #FreeFitz

#78 Diddy, Dec 9, 2012
  19. Demosthenes9

Not necessarily as he would be playing with the first string guys as well. Tthink about it, we hear all this moaning about how Sanchez doesn't have any weapons to play with; well, the guys that Tebow had on the 2nds and 3rds were much worse. Most of them are selling cars or insurance now.

And no, it doesn't make a difference that the defenses he was playing against had the same level of talent, as much of the passing game is heavily dependent on route running. You don't even have to have a defender out there. If a guy is supposed to run a 9 yard square in, and instead, runs a 12 yard out, the QB is going to miss.

20. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Might I suggest you get a girlfriend. If you already have one, try a hobby other than sports watching. It seems like your spending too much time thinking about a man you hate and a group of people you hate for reasons you made up in your apparently angry head. Or just continue to attack people because you appear to like it...sorry...love it, so much.

Personally, I think the argument that a punt protector or single backup player (or his fans) have made the Jets play poorly is a pretty dumb one. I tend to think that they have played poorly altogether as team with Sanchez being the leading contributor to this teams problems. But that's just my opinion of course.

#80 General Fan, Dec 9, 2012