Tebow Cut

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So who do you think is going to try to resurrect the brand?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Until Tebow is ready to accept that he's not a NFL calibre QB, he's got two options. The CFL and if they still exist, the Arena League. IF he were to accept perhaps a HB/TB slot, some NFL team might take a flier.

How ironic is it that the Tebots are probably keeping teams from taking a flier on Tebow because of the circus they bring with them.

3. BleedGreenDaily

No one will. The teams won't let the tebots come into there team. These people will now follow him to Canada..

#23 BleedGreenDaily, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They should've cut him after Training Camp. He was horrendous in TC/Preseason and offered nothing to this franchise.

5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I guess Izzy tried right down until the last minute to recoup something for Tebow. In either case I'm glad this chapter is now closed. Its too bad Tebow refused to do what Lane Johnson did and try TE. The kid plays with a whole lotta heart I'll give him that much.

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Its been real. And I think you are off on the 2%. Can we at least give credit for 3%? I mean, I did try to keep it on Tebow and his dirt missiles and his suckitude until people would try to turn it into some whinefest about why I am here.

Apparently it is QB or bust for this kid, not interrested in an NFL career as anything else. What a waste. He's actually good enough and athletic enough to play a position that doesn't involve throwing the ball. looking like it's going to be bust.

Oh well, until next time...

#26 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Thank God, the fact that no team was even willing to trade a 7th for the guy should tell everyone something. Not even a 7th next year! No one wanted him at all, and his NFL career is now over.

8. Slap

Slap New Member

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He might as well retire and join ESPN's college football Saturday morning show. He is not an NFL caliber QB.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Releasing him was the right thing for Tebow, and the right thing for the Jets.

The whole situation was just unfortunate for all involved.
    Sparano couldn't find any creative ways to use him at all. The media focus was unhealthy to Tebow and the team. The Jets created a fiasco, and burned a 4th rounder, for a guy they didn't even utilize as a role player.
    Westhoff was only one who found any productivity with the ways opponents had to plan for our punt formation.
    It's all actually embarrassing, and i'm glad we are moving on.

Good luck to Tebow in redefining the next stage of his career.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They get rid of the side show by releasing a useless player. It's a no-brainer. Only a tebot could question the logic.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Take a hike, you disingenuous man-groupie. I hope you get a raging case of worms from eating German pork.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Stay classy.

14. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

The Tebow "survivors/scouts" remaining on this board should be better off than Timmy. They can always run to their little forums and safely (see: no opposing views welcome) act like pouty children. They can predict the NFL's failure, call for the head of every GM/head coach in the league, show Tim's projected stats compared to every hall of famer, predict how many dozen super bowls each NFL team would have won, shit talk any media personality that writes a story, etc...all because poor Timmy just hasn't cut it so far. Good riddance, and enjoy spreading your special brand of crazy on some other team's existing fan base, you cracy bastards. Good luck...

15. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Damn.... doors don't seem to be slamming in Tebow's face fast enough.

Niners, Eagles, and Bears have all come out since and said, "NOT INTERRESTED."

Guess they are heading the press off at "the pass" (sorry, lol) preventing questions about interrest in Tebow.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If ten people posting in a message board bothers you that much...

17. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I truly feel bad for people that have been Jets fans longer than I have (2010). They may have been encouraged by the acquisition on results alone. You see a guy that came from a team that won 9 of the 16 games he started and maybe think, this is not a bad 2nd option if Sanchez plays like shit. The problem is that his handlers/fans propel the idea that it was Tim, and the Broncos were on an endless downward spiral until Timmy came along. They outright lie or deny the fact that the organization made substantial changes between 2010 and 2011 and Tim was one of many, and probably the least effective. Once here, Tim proved to the coaching staff that John Elway's concerns about Tim were correct and Tim is truly as confused by the pro game as advertised (scrambling during 7 on 7's?). Jets fans that did not want Tim to start were not haters, they were simply football fans concerned about their team's future. Jets fans wanting Tim to start were not stupid, they were frustrated and wanted to see something, anything changed. Tim was not it, neither is Sanchez. Things may get better with dynamic QB play if Geno Smith can be the real deal.

18. phaytal

phaytal New Member

From a 1st round draft pick, to a 4th round trade, to cut and zero trade value, in only 3 years.

Solid career path thus far.

19. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

A small number of posters anywhere does not bother me at all. I kind of see it as a "what you say, can and will be used against you.." situation. Your true agenda is available for all to see so you guys may as well not try to hide it when you move on to the next team. You guys are emotionally invested in Timmy's career, you do believe stupid ass conspiracies, you do want people punished if Tim does not do well, you are incredibly, unreasonably biased towards Tim and you will lash out at existing fans if Tim makes fools of you all again. Free yourselves and be who you are, you will get mocked for supporting a shitty QB but so what, Tim may not care and neither should his flock.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This means you're going to leave, too, right?