Teams Interested In Richardson?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 25, 2017.

1. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Who in the world are you talking about?

2. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

It figures the year we have the 6th pick, is the same year where practically all the QB's are not rated as rd 1 material. The year where practically no offensive lineman are rated as rd 1 material. And the year where teams picking ahead of us have similar needs .. LOL WTF?!

Br4d likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is why tanking next year or 2019 is key. QB's in the draft. 4 to 6 wins will make us cry.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the jets previously did a conditional trade with the saints for vilma.
    as i recall, they pulled a fast one to get out from the conditional part of the trade.
    if i remeber correctly, we got one pick, but then they cut hm before the draft where we got the conditional pick.
    then, they signed him again after that draft.
    we can only hope our current front office is not dumb enough to get fleeced like that a second time.

Pags2112 and Cman68 like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Look on the bright side... We signed McClown so we're guaranteed at least 10 losses for 2017 and that's assuming he actually plays 10 games.

Pags2112 likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

McCown was signed to be an acceptable put on the field for game one assuming nothing else materialized that was better. That's a good move by a rebuilding team. I would have gone full youth movement but I understand why the Jets did what they did.

Somewhere in here we've got to take the tough year or two on the chin to fix things and unfortunately last year was not one of those years because we went into it doing things as if it was going to be an up year. The key to doing these things right is to make the moves that make the losing worth something in the end. When you keep cutting the middle you just wind up stuck in the middle again with no clear direction to go and then the football gods shove you hard and you're down again.

Pags2112 and Cman68 like this.
  7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yes, I see the long range plan. We brought in a guy who NEVER wins anymore to play QB. It is called ultimate tanking

8. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I think we might have to start a thread called .. "Teams interested in Decker?!" .. I wouldn't be surprised if he were traded for pick(s). But would teams be interested considering he's coming back from two simultaneous injuries, even with medical clearance?