Teague put on PUP list... likely to miss a few games early in the season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr. Schnitzer, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

They forgot Green Teague. So much for health drinks.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Too bad. We wanted to give our rookie enough time to move into the starting line up. Now we will be rushing him more than necessary. Mangold is the real deal but still a rookie. We needed Teague this year.

3. jetophile

He got hurt in late June, and even though we knew it was a broken ankle, only now they're saying what the real deal is. Mum was the word on Teague, and everyone clamors over whether Pennington will be ready. Is it any wonder that we're all left to, you know, wonder? Works for me. What's up with Blaylock these days? Has he been practicing more since June? Yeah, I know - pretty soon I'll be getting slapped around for asking a question if the answer is well known at this point. Does a flea collar kill fleas and so on. Sorry, all - laziness factor. Please advise.

4. GreenMachine

At least the Jets don't get headlines in the Police blotter.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Why is this a good thing guys?

Do you really believe that starting a Rookie @ the most important line position is good for our team?
    Think Chad is saying "Aw shit!"?

Mangold will be very good, actually probably Great. But so many of you believe that we can just throw a rookie onto the line and everything is dandy and great. That's far from the truth.

I hope I'm wrong.

6. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

At least they don't invade other people's personal web accounts, change other members avatars, and then run and hide for 10 hours before coming clean. :rolleyes: Good call, you seem to have a very firm grasp on anything regarding loser / criminal mentality. In fact, you rule those realms....

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

no they got it

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The thought of Ferguson starting at LT as a rookie was had me a little scared, the thought of having rookies at such important line positions as LT and C makes me think that whatever QB makes it into the starting lineup for the first half of the season has been designated PUNCHING BAG.

9. jetophile

HAH, caught asleep on my own watch. :lol:

10. GreenMachine

Way to post misinformation.....You win!

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

Maybe that's a good endorsement for Bollinger.

Seriously, although I agree the inexperience on the line is a bit scarey, I'm not totally against this. First off, we knew Brick was going to start once they drafted him. IMO, Teague is not that good and the only reason he would start at Center is to give Mangold time to learn the line calls while he possibly started at guard in place of Moore. Now the learning curve has been accelerated. With Kendall (a capable Center) playing next to him assisting, I don't think it will be too bad. That lack of experience with the entire line is a problem, which may lead to Clements starting in place of AJ at RT. Sure this is not the best scenario, but I think (hope) they will quickly become a capable unit. Fingers crossed....