Tanny & Rex PC at 3:00 PM today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting out of this

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's just not fair.

He often wears the white Jets cap.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This time of year there's a lot of hemming and hawing at these pressers.

There's lots of teams making bigger moves. I just wish the Jets were willing to make the changes that are necessary to move forward in a successful manner.

How's that for pr doublespeak?

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we didn't move up for gholston.we picked 6th in five player draft

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

They really said nothing at the presser. I didn't get the point of it.

Could have just had a PR person announce Shotty is interviewing with the Jags. Everything else is being evaluated.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rex and Tanny made me very pissed off after that presser. They seem to think everyone is great on the team. Pathetic. I have been such a supporter of Rex, but if he keeps Schotty that is terrible. Why do people think Rex changed the franchise? They are bigger losers than ever.

8. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Do they really expect to keep the team as is with no major overhaul? I'm not so sure Woody would accept that

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I am not reading through 486 posts and did not catch the press conference. But are these idiots shitting me?

Schotty was not fired. Sanchez is coming back. Blah, blah, blah..

If that is the case, it might be time to fire both Rex and Tanny. If they dont realize this team has major, major problems at OC and QB, then they need to go..

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

What do you expect him to say? Holmes is a cancer? If he says that, how does it help the New York Jets? Does it make Holmes play harder next season? Does it make him more valuable in a trade?

Did you want him to say Wayne Hunter sucks? What exactly would the point of that be? Would that help the Jets if they keep Hunter next year?

Or did you want him to throw Sanchez under the bus? Would that really help a QB who has the kind of self-image issues a 13 year old girl with acne does? Would that help the Jets at all?

Did you want him to throw Shotty under the bus, when Shotty getting hired by another team will save Woody a few million dollars?

Rex isn't Bill Parcells. He isn't going to go into a press conference and chew people out and be badass about it. He isn't going to call players "she" It's just not his style.

But Relax. Shotty isn't going to be here next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Holmes gets shown the door regardless of the cap repercussions. If the whole mason thing proved anything, it's that Rex isn't going to put up with divisive bullshit for too long. Holmes might have had a longer leash due to his talent/contract, but I think he probably outran that leash yesterday.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

im pissed too but this is a business and the coach and gm aren't going to publicly shit on a player. I think we will so a lot of moves this offseason. We live in NY. Change is demanded and it will happen.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Agreed. Again Rex tries to push the fact that he made a mistake to have captains (blaming himself) instead of criticising one of his players (Holmes), by taking the "C" away from him.

13. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they have a pressed on Monday after the final game of the season every year. Most teams do.