tannnybum must go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mr nyjet, Aug 18, 2012.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Rex was the one that coached the team to two AFC Championships on the strength of one side of the ball. either explain how that reflects an inability to coach or go suck your mothers dick.

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Didn't woody retire? Thomas Jones ran out of gas in the post season and you saw Greene emerge as top back for this team. Braylon was great for this team but he also had a few off the field issues. If i recall correctly he wanted too much money. As for Jerricho he didn't want to be a number 3 receiver so the jets granted his wish of being traded. Smith is a liability in coverage but he's a good st player. Conley is a piece of shit and isn't an NFL caliber punter, and wayne hunter is just a waste of space. I did like lowery too.

3. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

It's DWIGHT Lowery...not Kyle.

But I see what you are saying.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Woody retired after not being brought up

Thomas Jones played well the year after leaving the Jets, Greene was not ready to be a feature. Thank goodness LT stepped up the way he did.

Braylon had one off field issue as a member of the Jets. If off fields issues were a problem then why sign Plaxico who at the time was just released from jail? Yes initially the Jets couldn't afford to bring him back, but around mid-late August Braylon was still available and with his value being so low we could have brought him back for the amount we signed Plaxico for.

Jericho Cothcery was the Jets number one receiver for 3 years between 06-08, yet the Jets consistently looked to replaced him despite him putting up numbers. There was no reason why Cothcery couldn't have been the number 2 receiver.

Eric Smith may be a good special teams player but he stinks as a safety. Lowery should have been starting in his place. But in true Tanny fashion he trades away the best safety on the roster at the time.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

That you know of. cough cough.

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I'll agree that Lowery is a better safety than smith and he should have stayed. Cotchery was a stud receiver but I think we as a team tried to bring in more than just one receiver that could do damage thus the moves for braylon and holmes. Thomas Jones had 331 carries for us and went for 1,402 yards in 09. When he went to the chiefs in 2010 his carries dropped to 245 and only ran for 896. And last season his carries dropped to 153 for 478 yards. The jets used the "I rather let go of a player a year early than a year late" which I have to agree with. I don't remember if this is true but i thought edwards was battling an injury. It mite have played a role in him not being signed. I know the 49'ers released him and i know he had DWI, the whole punching lebron james' friend. I wanted braylon on the team too as i thought he was great for us but who knows what happened and what was said.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We have been crying this out for some time:

1. Cut WFH (before his salary is guaranteed, mind you.) <- This alone should buy T-Bomb a LOT of blame.
    2. Sign Braylon, Winston, Bell and Landry. (Especially with extra 2.5 off the book, THIS could have been done, right?)
    3. Draft - well, I will leave this alone just for now.

LB remains weak spot, but RT won't be like right now; and WR corp will not lack experience.

8. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

what scares me is my mock offseason was better than tannys real life offseason

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Damn bro...Putting some serious work in and it shows! Great Job! I'm sure some of those mock free agent negotiations kept you up till the wee hours of the morning.

10. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Thomas Jones was gassed, Woody was coming off a major injury, Braylon hasn't done anything since the Jets let him go, and Cotchery wanted out.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

2 if you count the nightclub assault that happened like 2 days after he was traded to the Jets.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Hmm do you think just maybe in your make believe fantasy world it might be easier to make moves.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: one off field issue? During the 10/11 season alone he had DUI, a 3 am car wreck and a nightclub stabbing incident. Yeah he just had one issue. You can't blame Tanny for that decision. Braylon made it easy. I guess the stabbing thing was during the off season, but the guy was a risk. Braylon didn't want to come back to the Jets by the time he signed with the 49ers.

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

You bring absolutely no value to this board, none.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

let's look at the giants as reference: 5 years ago they brought in/started 4 new guys on their o-line and won a super bowl.
    last year, they did a similar thing. you might point out how they were one play better than us when we played them? that game didn't indicate the true state of the jets- look at the eagles game. they destroyed our offense. they shredded our defense. andy reid backed off the throttle in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter just to avoid running up the score and they still hung up 40+ points. our offense looked like sh*t and babin ( among many ends) had a field day against hunter.

look at reese vs tannybum. then, ask why they develop o-line guys and we end up with a right tackle starter worse then their 2nd and 3rd line guys?

the wildcat offense isn't the only non-secret on the jets!

#75 mr nyjet, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  16. NewYorkEveryThing

polian is overrated in my opinion.And tanny has not been that bad.He actually is following jerry reese's motto by drafting tall fast DE's in the first round the past two years.I love the Hill pick.And Antonio allen was a steal that late in the draft.When was the last time the giants drafted a O lineman in the first round?Its not his fault that the market is very thin right now for RT's.And otah would have been a steal if he past his physical.Vlad was a bad pick but you can't strike gold every pick.Wilson still the book is not out on him and pat turner was a bust for the fins and is turning out pretty well for us.Powell looks good in camp.I really like mcknight.Plus we haven't had the most picks throw the past couple of years.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What is the role of a modern GM? Assemble the best players to fit the system you're trying to run and at the same time, manage contracts and egos so that they all fit under the same tent.

In the beginning of the Tannenbaum Era, he did indeed accomplish this. Looking back at it now, the cost was indeed very high as many lower round DP's were no more than bargaining chips which in turn, sacrificed depth. 2009/2010 we made it to the AFCCG only to lose but that accomplishment alone was enough to get Tannenbaum a pass and perhaps even validate his title of GM.

2011/12 has been a far different story. He actually held on to the DP's but didn't really address the immediate issues the team had. Specifically, RT and WR. Schilens has never been healthy for 16 games and Hill comes from an option school. No wonder no one respects our Wr's let along fears them.

His biggest acquisition this season was a player we really didn't need. Tebow? Seriously? Headline grabber yes, gimmick playmaking QB yes. legitimate need? No.

His biggest mistakes we all know already. That was extending EZPass Hunter and Holmes guaranteeing the contracts to boot.

His second biggest mistake is perhaps the most damming. Tannenbaum it appears is always trying to catch lighting in a bottle. Otah?, Burress?, LT?, Mason?

Is Tannenbaum on the clock? Not this season but all bets should be off for 2013. Woody, being the PR sensitive Owner he is, will not allow his beloved Jets to become laughing stocks again unles of course, it keeps the Jets on the backpages instead of the Giants. God Help Tannenbaum and Ryan if the Giants keep winning SB's while the Jets spin their wheels.

Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan should know that their combined shelf life is starting to decay as hardly anyone really listens to Rex anymore and more often than not, Rex is thought of as a DC masquerading as a HC. He should have stuck to his strengths but just like his Dad, thought he could sit his ample ass in the big chair. I predict Ryan will wind up like his Dad down the road too.

The Ryan/Tannenbaum Era will close sooner than later unless tangible results become evident between now and 2013. I would be surprised if they'll get another contract to figure it out.

JHMO

18. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Outside of 1st round picks (except k wilson), i don't think any 2nd+ rounders have made significant impacts in the last 3yrs. Including this yr as I don't figure Hill to do much of shit. And many of our vets in that span have regressed (pace, turtle, scott etc).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Who is Polihan?

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Braylon flaws and all made our offense at least dynamic

Braylon taking the top off the D
    Keller tearing up the middle
    Holmes working the outside
    Cotchery tearing up the slot

hell Thomas Jones running the ball down defenses throats

we had a "loaded" offense for our style of play, everything fit like a glove

we were a playoff style team not a regular season style team, we beat teams up and finished them off

the Jets lacked consistency in the worst place, the front office, we always make these odd moves that cause major adjustments and changes

not to mention saying idiotic shit in the press about our strategy