Tannenbaum confirms Chad is returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

We don't he was still 1-6 not withstanding.

Yeah, up until this year, Coles was never hurt.:wink:. What is a strile?

So, in Chad's losses he wasn't to blame because no one else around him showed up. But in Kellen's wins, the only reason he can hang his hat on 3 wins is because of other players. Sucks for the guy.

He wasn't historically bad by any means.

Okay, so 4 to 2. It's a lot harder to realistically complete passes to Brad Smith and JMc when you're as green as Kellen is. Wallace Wright is arguably better than both.

Chad was drafted in April of 2000, I'm positive you know that. That is the 2000 season, 01, and then 02. For Clemens it was 06 and then 07.

PA was way more effective with Curtis regardless of yards thru four games. And our O-line got healthy eventually, your memory in that matter far exceeds mine, but I'll have to argue that a banged up O-Line with some of the far above average players we had and the great one in Mawae was far better, even when banged up over this 07 line. We have 2 pieces of human garbage playing on our line right now.

I definitely agree, and that is a card that he has in his hand. He came in and played exceptional against the Pats after his ankle got better too. But then he laid an egg against the Titans. It's just not what you want from a veteran, used-to-be sharp QB. The offense still only mustered 3 points in the Pats game despite his sharp play. Chad used to be the MAN in the redzone. Now, without a really good O-Line that can even hope to hold anyone long enough for play-action, you might as well call our RZ offense "bring in Nuge". Though, like I said, the throws to Jmac should have been caught, but that's just hypotheticals.

He had that D in the NE and Tenn game and only managed 9 pts combined

Yeah, all those guys can sling the freakin' crap out of the ball, with the exception of maybe Collins and he hasn't had to use his arm besides the pre-game in 10 years. All those guys have the arm to get it past the CB and under the Safety. Despite their age, they can have good seasons if the line they're playing behind gels, if they get better weapons, if they become more cerebral QBs. Chad is already that cerebral QB supposedly and IMO he has already peaked. He was great in 02, above average in 04, ok in 06, and probably less than average in 07.

I tried to find it everywhere, before you posted this and after it became a big deal on page 9 or so of the thread. I can't find it anywhere. Maybe you can, and I assume you have since you have called me out on not doing so, right? But if my memory serves me correctly, the WR was like 3 or 4 yards of the LOS. That's not a lot of time to throw at all.

How did he lead us to a TD immediately after Tenn scored to take a 7-0 lead? It may be picky, but damn, get your facts straight, please? Haha, my bad about the 31 though.

Fair, except we disagree with Chad being the MUCH better option for reasons stated everywhere in this thread. It doesn't make sense in the long term.

#201 Going4TheGreen, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Strike.

Who said Chad didn't share blame? Chad played poorly but he played better than Clemens.

When your #s are comparable to Browning Nagle that's pretty bad.

In case you forgot we changed HC's after 2000 and changed offenses so '02 was Chad's 2nd year in nthat O just like '07 was KC's 2nd yr in this offense.

102-13 in losses to NE, Mia and Jax. That's how bad we were.

We scored 10 at NE alone so how did he lead us to 9 points combined?

He had plenty of time, I don't have the clip online but try to find it. he took his complete drop back then double pumped twice while backpedaling. That's too much time to hold onto the ball in nthat situation.

Ten scored to take a 7-0 lead, we got the ball after bthey kicked off and Chad led us to a TD to make it 7-6(the PAT was blocked).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb..._by_play&season=2007&week=REG16&override=true

I think he is, I hope KC gets alot better but Chad has done too many good things for us to throw him away. I don't care who is the QB as long as win.

3. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Welcome back Chad! :beer:

4. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Sorry to beat a dead horse, I started Spring semester and left my laptop charger at home.

That's his job. I would hope that in 5 years time, KC would throw far more strikes than any 2nd year player getting his first PT in the league.

That point alone is arguable, but still Chad is a 6 year vet who has the speed of the game by this point down to a tee.

Are you talking about 1-8 or 50% with 10 picks?

Okay, he still had more time. And when he came in, he came into a way better situation.

Yeah, that's bad. If you expected Kellen to come in and salvage the season, that's just unrealistic. That O-Line in 02 makes this O-Line look like they should be riding the short bus to the game.

Oh, so he gets credit for the punt block/return. So then all of Kellen's wins when the D stepped up are legit? What's going on here?

I don't remember all that.

Oops. Sorry, I thought you meant we scored after Tenn scored for the Jets to take a 7-0 lead.

We agree on that part. I like both of them, they ARE QBs for our team, but I don't think Chad did anything this year to merit all of the Chad got screwed talk.

5. nyjunc

So now you have to have been a starter for years before you can accurately throw a football? Good thing Chad didn't know about that.

That's great but why was Chad so much better than Vinny in Chad's 1st season playing? Clemens wasn't starting day 1 out of college, he had a season plus to learn from the bench.

I'm talking 5 TDs, 10 INTs, 52% comp, 61 rating.

By a week or 2? They had roughly the same amount of time in the systems they were running when they started for the first time.

That OL in '02 was playing alot worse than this OL in '07 when Chad stepped in. Eventually they got healthier and eventually Curtis got a little healthier but that '02 team was far worse when Chad stepped in than the '07 team when KC stepped in.

But Kellen got all the credit when Leon had big returns, right? for setting up the Pitt win, keeping them in the Wash game, the great game he had at Miami,...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29409&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG15

I never said Chad got screwed, our season was done. They did the right thing giving KC a chance to play. My point is we shouldn't get rid of Chad as KC showed us very little and if we fix up the OL we know we have enough to win w/ a good QB and Chad can still play despite his poor '07 season.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Chad has not show he can still play since 2002! He has been regressing ever since.

#206 FOURTHANDLONG, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  7. nyjunc

In 2003 after returning at midseason he was great throwing 12 TDs in 5 games then cooled off down the stretch when D's realized that he only had 1 weapon(Santana), in '04 he came back and led us w/in a makeable kick to the AFC Title Game, in '06 he was a huge reason we won 10 games so to say he hasn't done anything since '02 is unfair.

8. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

Pennington alone is 10 times better then Grossman, forget Grossman, all the arguments that go for Clemens go for Chad as well, lack of talent around them, as far as a poor line and no depth at wideout. The QB's are fine, give them help and I think both Chad and Kellen would win, but I'd rather Chad, he is a great leader and knows how to win big games.

9. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Like the the Pitt playoff game where he lead us to an astounding 3 points on offense.

#209 silent scream, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I would take Grossman over Chad any day! Chad is a bottom five Qb in the league! Period!

11. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

If Pennington is a bottom 5 QB in the league, then Clemens IS the worst QB in the league period!

That's the bottom line!

12. silent scream

Neither one is that good. Arguing over the two of them is like having to choose between having sex with Rosie O'Donnell or a bear trap.

13. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Clemens is better than Chad so I do not know where you are getting that.

14. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Don't forget the two field goals he shanked too!! :mad:

:breakdance:

17. silent scream

So our shitty kicker couldn't compensate for our shitty QB. What's the point?

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

The whole offense stunk that day. Team game. Pennington didn't win us the game, but he did not lose it for us either.

19. silent scream

True, I wasn't entirely blaming Chad for the loss, just responding to a comment about Chad in big games.

There were a multitude of reasons why we blew that game. I'm still pissed about that BS holding call on Becht that negated a big run by LJ.

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah, one of the bigger heartbreak losses for me. :sad: It sucks being that close and not getting it done.